Top Ten Reasons Why Immortals Make Good Lovers
Immortal is defined as "…any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force." WordWeb.com
The immortals in my Tarthian Empire books are definitely the personification of a force -- sensuality. Since I write erotic romance, I'm uniquely qualified to give you ten good reasons why immortals make good lovers.
10. Immortals acquire multiple types of sexual expertise over the centuries. Have you ever read about an immortal who was bad in bed? And not baaad -- plain ole not good. Didn't think so. ;)
9. Immortals have angst. They've been alone for decades, centuries, perhaps even eons. Their battered souls long for refuge, and who better to give it to them than their soul mates? Especially with raw, yet tender sex.
8. Immortals are almost always alphas. Otherwise, how would they have managed to live so long? Some lesser immortal or even worse -- a mortal -- would have killed them off long ago. That take-charge ego translates into power in bed.
7. Immortals don't hesitate to go after what they want. They've learned what's important in life, and when they find a treasure, they seek it now. If an immortal wants you, you will belong to him.
6. Immortals know the importance of cherishing their lovers. Having left behind the life they once knew, an immortal understands the need to feel important to another person. When one is with you, all his attention will be yours.
5. Immortals appreciate quality. You will never get a zircon from an immortal. They always choose diamonds and real gold. Nothing perks you up like roses and diamonds while being served breakfast in bed.
4. Immortals have spent their endless lives creating and building homes for themselves and caring for those they love. They have a sense of place, of belonging, and the need to have a home. An immortal provides security, which builds trust, which in turn builds desire.
3. Immortals use their imagination. They've lived many roles, and they are not intimidated by the idea of pretending. Want him to play big bad warrior? No problem. Chances are, he's really been one.
2. Immortals live in the moment. They are in tune with their bodies and their sensuality. Inhibitions have no place in an immortal's life, and they will help you remove yours.
1. Immortals believe that romance lives forever.
I've given you the top ten reasons why; finding one is up to you. May I suggest a source? I promise to give you a complex plot that immerses you in an erotic tale and provides plenty of unexpected action, in settings so real you'll swear you've been there. You can read excerpts and learn more about my immortals at http://kayelleallen.com/Books.html and find out what's new on my Yahoo! Group, Romance Lives Forever. I am also on MySpace, Twitter, and Facebook.
Kayelle Allen is a multipublished romance author whose worldbuilding skills include a broad sweep of ten-thousand years of future history, a feline language, and tradestandard laws for the empire where her books take place. Her writing lures you inside each hero's head and seduces you with what he feels and thinks. She thrusts you into the hero's heart and mind, teases and satisfies you with his sexuality and sensual joys, and drags you onto the roller coaster with him when it plunges into the darkness of things-gone-wrong. When you and the hero get off the ride at the end, it's Kayelle's hope you'll be back in line when the next ride starts.