Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

GUEST BLOG: SERENITY KING

My name is Serenity King and I am a new author of interracial/multicultural erotica and contemporary romance. My first short story Let’s Ride was published through Beautiful Trouble Publishing in early May, 2010. I have three new titles coming soon from Beautiful Trouble Publishing: Diamond’s Seduction, You Are My Lady, and Simply Beautiful.

This is my first guest blog and I have no clue as to what to talk about. Well, here we go! I absolutely love writing romance. I do not write romance that demeans women in any way, nor do I write the kind of romance where there is a lot of baby momma drama, or the heroine and hero do not stay together. I try to write about intelligent individuals that show mutual respect for one another. It is ironic to me that many readers want to read a romance novel where the hero and heroine do not end up together with a happy ending. Well, to me that is not romance. Romance is just that-- romance. There is already too much disrespect in the world to be writing about it in fictional romance novels. Besides if men and women respected each other more, there would be less divorce and more staying power in relationships. I absolutely will not read something knowingly where the hero and/or the heroine demean one another, unless it is nonfiction. My heroes and heroines can take care of business in a boardroom as well as the bedroom.

I am fiercely devoted to my characters and have a strong passion for Alpha males. My males are Alpha family-oriented men who Live, Love, and Fight for their women.

I absolutely love Beautiful Trouble Publishing, they have authors that write about characters you can love, respect, and admire. BTP Rocks!


Let’s Ride
Serenity King
Description: contemporary, erotic romance, IR (WM/BF)
ISBN: 978-1-936271-64-1
Available at: https://beautifultroublepublishing.com/xcart/Lets-Ride-EBOOK.html
Download: Adobe PDF, HTML, MobiPocket PDA (with DRM


Serenity King is a new author of interracial/multicultural erotica and contemporary romance who has been reading romance novels since her auntie placed a Harlequin in her hands at the age of sixteen.

Serenity is fiercely devoted to her characters and has a strong passion for Alpha males. Her males are Alpha family-oriented men who Live, Love, and Fight for their women. She lives in the New York area with her husband and children.

Be on the lookout for more of Serenity’s works for your reading pleasure. She loves feedback from her readers, so she’d welcome your e-mails to serenity.king088@gmail.com.

E-mail: serenity.king088@gmail.com

Website: http://www.serenityking.com

Group email: SerenityKing@yahoogroups.com

Yahoo Group homepage: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Serenity_King

Blog: http://serenitykingexpressions.blogspot.com/

33 comments:

Hales said...

Hey Serenity! What a great first blog!

Serenity King said...

Thanks Hales!

Raven Starr said...

Hey there Serenity!! What a nice cover!! Loving your first blog too. Your book is now on my TBR list.
Big Hugs!!!
Raven

Serenity King said...

Hi Raven,

Thank you visiting! Marteeka Karland did the cover. Love her work. Hugs back.

Serenity

Serenity

Beautiful Trouble Publishing said...

all we have to say is this: PREACH SISTER! PREACH! Love what you wrote and the passion with which you wrote it. We are so blessed to have you at BTP.

Serenity King said...

Thanks JandJ. I am blessed to be a part of such an AWESOME group of people. Much Love!

Serenity

nevealane said...

Way to go Serenity! I just read the blurb for "Let's Ride" and I am eagerly awaiting this weekend to read it.

Congrats again!

Serenity King said...

Thanks Nevea! Glad you stopped in. Hope you enjoy the short story...it was a fun story to write.

Serenity

Yazmin said...

What a good job for your first time out of the gate! Y

Serenity King said...

Thanks Yazmin! :)

Serenity

Misselle38 said...

Hi Serenity,

After reading your first story Let's Ride, I know you were destined for bigger things to come. Wishing you tons of success!!! Lisa

Serenity King said...

Wow, thank you so much Lisa! I really appreciate the support.

Serenity

Sammy1on1 said...

Hey, Serenity great first blog, and as I said before you are one of my favorite authors, can't wait to read some of your future works.

Cira said...

Hey Serenity,

Great Blog! I love that Let's Ride has characters that are relatable. I really can appreciate when a man has no problem stating his heart without trying to grab something back. "In spirit we are already one." is a profound statement. As a reader of romance I too want the characters to be true to themselves and one another and YES end up together. Let's Ride is the appropriate title for this story. Quick, intense, meaningful and fulfilling. Thanks!

Serenity King said...

Sammy and Cira,

You ladies are AWESOME! The kind words inspire me to write more. Thanks again ladies!

Serenity

Beautiful Trouble Publishing said...

i just want to pop in here with a big ITYS-I Told You So...see Serenity, they love you...and you love your characters and it shows.

Marteeka Karland said...

congrats Serenity! wonderful to see peeps loving the book! glad the cover worked for you and thanks for your complements!

Teeka

Serenity King said...

@ J, yeah you did. Thanks! (smiling so hard my face hurt LOL.

@ Marteeka, Thanks Lady! YW you deserve them.

Bana said...

Congrats on your guest blogging!

Jeanie Johnson said...

He he he! Wowza! Look at you with all the fans eh? Well you're definitely deserving young lady so you need to do what I like to do which is THE Jeanie Happy Happy Joy Joy dance - and yes I may have borrowed the title from REN & STIMPY! :) Congratulations Serenity, do the dance with me girl! You deserve the love! THE Jeanie :)

Proof Reader Novellette said...

Congrats Serenity! I absolutely love your Alpha male and the strong female. Looking forward to reading all your books...and yes BTP rocks!

Serenity King said...

@Bana, Thank You!

@ THE Jeanie, Imma moonwalking across the floor LOL! Okay, now I'm Happy Dancing with you!!! Oh man...I think I better do the James Brown "I feeeelll goood...so good...Oops I done lost my cape LOL! Thanks THE Jeanie!

Serenity King said...

Thanks Novellette! You Rock too!

booklover0226 said...

Hello, Serenity.

Add my name to your fan list. I look forward in reading Let's Ride and your future works.

Thanks,
Tracey D

Beautiful Trouble Publishing said...

wow, all kinds of dancing and craziness going on up on this blog. I like the cowgirl story but Simply Beautiful is my fav...probably because the hero belongs to ME...tell them serenity...tell the plebes who those alphas belong to.

Serenity King said...

Hi Tracey,

Thanks so much! I hope you enjoy them.

Jeanie Johnson said...

I found your cape Serenity! :) Now I'm doing the Mc Hammer crab dance...c'mon y'all...join in! :)

Regina Carlysle said...

You did a GREAT job with this post. You write the kinds of heroes and heroines I love to read, Serenity.

Serenity King said...

The Hero from Simply Beautiful belongs to Jayha Lol!

@The Jeanie, I'm joining in...GO US :)

@ Regina, Thank you so much! Still praying for you and yours. Take care.

Shara Azod said...

That was a great first blog Serenity. I look forward to more hotness from you.

Serenity King said...

Thanks Shara!

RaeLynn Blue said...

Serenity,
Awesome first blog, and I know the rest will be rockin' too! I love the work you've done and the passion to which you do it. Keep doin' your thang, lady!

Serenity King said...

Thanks RaeLynn! I appreciate the encouraging words.