Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Dressing For Valentine’s Day!


Since its Valentine’s Day, I thought I would ask your opinion on the old fashion Victorian corsets. I really, really want one, but–yes there is a but! But I’m a full-figured lady. I’m not talking small melon breasts but watermelons! Not to mention the extra rolls on the stomach from child birth I haven’t lost, so I have to wonder if this would even be romantic or sexy?

I sure don’t want to go purchase one and put it on to look like a pig all wrapped up for a hog-tying contest. Let’s not forget the fact I’ve heard they can be very uncomfortable. I want a romantic night with the husband. I don’t want to be moaning from pain from a top. If I’m moaning, it better be from something else, ya know?

So, those of you who have one, please step forward and tell me, are they worth it? Can a full-figured woman look sexy in one or should I forget the idea and just get a teddy with the garter belts? Yes, husband wants the garter belts, and the last time I wore those was when we conceived my daughter fifteen years ago. Now I have to find the stockings to fit me!


It almost makes you wonder who invented Valentine’s Day, doesn’t it? I mean, come on, do you know how expensive those things are? Then, if you have been married for several years, experienced child birth and have added on a few pounds how sexy can that be? Maybe they (the men), just want us to dress up so they can laugh at us when we turn around or torture us for bitching at them for leaving the toilet seat up!

I know there is one thing he won’t get me into, though, and that’s those five-inch spike heels. I’d break my freaking neck wearing those things. I’ve never worn heels like that. My ankles are too weak for that crap. See, that’s what a man should invent—a sexy flat shoe!!! So what do I do I can’t tolerate high heels and I’d like to feel sexy too, but nooo we’re stuck with shoes that squish our toes, make our ankles crack, and our feet hurt. Then, of course, there is the fact you have to learn how to walk in them, unless you just buy them, lay on the bed and pose! I could do that, but if he even thinks of asking me to walk to him, he better be quick and strong enough to catch me when I fall flat on my ass!

What will you wear on Valentine’s Day? Will you take the easy way out and just wrap a large red bow around your naked body? In my case, I would have to have at least ten feet of ribbon!

Trinity Blacio
http://trinityblacio.com

19 comments:

Eve Langlais said...

LOL I can't wear heels either. I wobble. I'm lucky in love though cause my hubby doesn't care if I'm wearing flannel or my fluffy girl clothes. If I give him the right smile, he's stripping and eager to go.

Shauna said...

I can't wear heals of any type. Too many knee surgeries. I think sexy is as sexy feels. If you're in pain in a corset it's bad. If you find a neglige that makes you feel good it works.

I don't remember which comic said this, but he said that a thong turned him on no matter what size the woman. I think it depends on what turns your partner on. And heck, this Valentine's day is a Monday so I think we should take it easy on ourselves.

trinity said...

You are very lucky usually my husband is in bed by 7 and I'm stuck with the kids so I'm out of luck. But he did ask for something special this weekend and since he's been such a good man these last few weeks I'll give him a treat, but if he laughs I'll kill him.
Trinity

trinity said...

Very well said Shauna no matter what you wear your man should think your beautiful. But I do have to say it's hard to think of yourself sexy when not one person says you're beautiful your whole life. Sigh, yes this is the case for me. Been married for over 15 years and not once have those words crossed his mouth.
Oh well I guess that's I've come to the point were I wear what pleases me and no one else.
Trinity

booklover0226 said...

I have no idea and I better hurry up. I'll keep reading these posts today to get some ideas!

Thanks,
Tracey D

Paradox Sinner said...

This actually hit the nail on the head for me. I have been looking at this Corset from Fredericks of Hollywood I want and I also an a plus size big chested woman. I have every intentions on guying the corset because as long as I now I look good and feel sexy that is all that matters.

As far a heels I do were stilettos. I looked pretty silly walking around the house in my pajamas and a pair of 5" heels, but I got the hang of it eventually :).

Wendi Zwaduk said...

I like the long flowy gowns that show just enough to tease, but not enough that the whole package is exposed. Make them wonder. And boots. Gotta have boots.

Kay Dee Royal said...

Trinity you are too funny! Thank goodness I don't have to do any of that stuff. I can't rememer that last time we even acknowledged Valentine's Day. (sigh)

Janet H said...

No high heels here, either. As for clothes, truthfully, it will probably be one of his t-shirts. I don't think he minds either way.

trinity said...

Paradox Sinner my thoughts exactly I've wanted a corset forever, but to find a decent one for plus size is almost impossible. Went to Victory Secret at the mall nothing except for small people! Please us big women want to have some nice things too ya know!
Trinity

trinity said...

Wendi, I have a long red one haven't worn it yet maybe I'll surprise him with another time.
Trinity

trinity said...

Kay I try to be funny if not I'd be crying all the time. Every since the birth of my daughter I can't lose the weight. Had a C section and not a bikini one either, then had gallbladder taken out so I have all these little scars on my stomach I look like that operation game kids play on! Not real romantic!
Trinity

Kasey said...

LOL. This has been one of my favorite blog entries cause I’m a full figure women and I can relate. But honey show your stuff! Yes! Full figured women can look good in those types of clothes. Look at the picture of the woman above. She’s pulling it off. Let those watermelons loose for one night and have fun. From one watermelon girl to another, it’s our time to shine! I’m going to wear a naughty cop suit for V-day…maybe next year I’ll buy and wear a corsette. Thanks for the idea!



mharris299@gmail.com

trinity said...

Thank you Kasey! I will right now I'm cleaning and I'm so dirty my nose is filled with dust! Yuck, but don't want to get into the tub to early for tonight. :)
Trinity

Caffey said...

I say go for the comfort of YOU trinity! When you feel the comfort you'll feel the confidence. And too maybe for next year, check out the places they have for our fuller figure that adjusts them to fit us right. There's so much more out there now. And I bet he thinks you're beautiful in all ways!

Cindy L said...

I won't be dressing up for V Day...my hubby will be out of town. My night wear always consists of cotton shorts and a tank. I used to wear nighties, then we had kids and I had to tone it down. ;)

cbandy10(at)hotmail(dot)com

Cathy M said...

I've never tried a corset, and frankly I am much better off with clothes than without, lol. Have a sexy camisole that I love to wear.

caity_mack at yahoo dot com

Nancy G said...

I haven't been able to wear high heels (over 3 inches) since I broke my knee (I was 33, pregnant and playing ice hockey) but I used to wear them for my job when I worked in a retail clothing store and was good at strutting in them.

nancyg5997@gmail.com

flchen1 said...

LOL! Definitely something comfy ;)

f dot chen at comcast dot net