Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Give me a hero...or two...

I love my heroes. I suppose that's a silly statement, but there it is. Each and every one of them has made me laugh, cry, and squirm in my seat a wee bit. Whenever I finish book, underneath the feelings of happiness and accomplishment is a twinge of sadness, because I don't want to let go. And if I can make someone else feel that way, sad to see the book end, then I've done my job well.

I thought I'd share a bit of the men from my Fey series with you today. Because they are oh so yummy. :)

The series is a about Kaelen, future King of Fey and his friends - Rhys, Leilen and Dermet.

In the opening lines of Fate's Song, Kaelen comes through loud and clear:

Death stared Kaelen in the eye and promised to be long and painful. He refused to cower before it. What he’d done was in defence of the weak, the helpless. He’d had no choice but to act. However, his motivations would not sway the Queen. She ruled with an iron fist, and it was going to squeeze the life out of him. Despite his imminent end, he regretted nothing. He may have taken a human life, but he also saved at least three others. Pride and honour would hold him upright during the judgment of his crime.

A man who was destined to be King of his people and he gave it up without hesitation to defend someone less powerful than he. Yeah, he won me over pretty quickly.



In Waters of Fate, Rhys is in a very difficult position...

 “Listen to me!” Neiva shouted. “We are meant. I saw it. I saw it in the Waters. On my honour, Rhys, I saw it.”

He went absolutely cold. No, Fate would not be so cruel as to bind him to the King’s daughter. His best friend’s daughter.

Stepping forward, he grasped her shoulders and gave her a hard shake. “Understand this, we are not meant. I have no true mate. That is what I saw in the Waters.”

“But that was before…before my dad saved my mom. He changed everything—”

“No. You are never to touch me again. Do you hear me? Never!”



He cut off any protests by flashing to his residence. With an oath, he slammed his fist into the wall over and over. Blood covered his knuckles, but the pain helped clear his head. Breathing laboured, he turned, pressed his back against the wall and slid down until he was on the floor. Dropping his head forward, he scrubbed his palms over his face.

What in Goddess’ name was he going to do?




Poor Rhys. His battle between loyalty to his friend and King and wanting/needing to be with the woman he's mated to was heart-wrenching to write. But oh so worth it. I think he proved himself very worthy. :-)


 When I started Shadows of Fate, I had a hero and a heroine. Simple, right? This was Leilen's story and he was mated to Ciarra, a Guardian of the Dark Realm. Well, imagine my surprise when suddenly there was another guy there making time with Leilen's girl. Say what? Well, turns out Fate had a surprise for me too. ;-) And let me tell you the other guy, Finley rocked my...er, I mean Ciarra's world. ;-)

Too many clothes, she thought desperately and closed her eyes, trying to concentrate on flashing them off her body.

“Don’t,’ Finley murmured against her lips. “Let me enjoy the sight of you dishevelled from my loving. I don’t get to see you in gowns enough.”

Ciarrra acquiesced, knowing that all too often she was in trousers and tunic—not exactly feminine and alluring.

“Don’t,” he repeated. “You’re beautiful in anything. Trust me, the sight of your tight ass,” he squeezed her bottom, “encased in trousers is enough to drive me wild. I just want to enjoy what is in front of me right now.”

“Stay out of my head,” she said with a laugh. She knew, as aroused as she was, she was an open book to him—her feelings, her thoughts.
 

“Quit thinking so loudly," he teased.

Of course, she isn't exactly immune to Leilen either...

Leilen moved closer, until there was hardly a centimetre between them. Ciarra tilted her head back to continue holding his gaze. Her breath caught in her throat as he bent his head towards her. She could feel the heat radiating from his body, feel his breath on her face.

Abruptly, he stepped back. “Goddess, I’m sorry! I don’t know what came over me.” He scrubbed a hand over his face, then smiled at her apologetically. “Are you sure you’re all right?”

Ciarra blinked several times. “Y-yes. I’m quite all right, thank you. Let’s go then, shall we?”

She scooted around him and walked quickly to the small clearing where Finley was packing the remnants of their lunch away. She pushed down her rioting emotions—the embarrassment, the shame that she would have allowed Leilen to kiss her and, Goddess help her, the disappointment that he hadn’t.


Shadows was honestly one of the easiest books I've ever written. It just flowed. Imagine if I'd tried to go with my original plan and not listen to the characters. I'd have completely missed out on Finley and the oh so melt-the-keyboard scenes with these three. And really, if one hero is good, two is even better, right? LOL

There's at least one more book in these series - Dermet's - and I've grand plans for him. We'll just have to see what they have in store for me!

Hugs,
Jess
~~~~~~~~~~~
www.jessicajarman.com
Real Women, Irresistible Me, Endless Possibilities!

9 comments:

Cathy M said...

Great excerpt, now I can't wait to read the rest of their story.


caity_mack at yahoo dot com

doxymom said...

I really like the colors in the cover to Waters of Fate. It's beautiful. I like the character names you've chosen, too.


doxisrcool at aol.com

Devon Rhodes said...

LOL @ Finley being a surprise to you too. :) Glad you rolled with it.

Belinda said...

I love the teaser. It makes me want more.
1bmore @ gmail. com

Jess Jarman said...

I'm so happy you enjoyed the snippets. I love my Fey, and can't wait to get back to them.

I love the covers, and I'll admit Waters of Fate is my favorite. I think it's just beautiful.

@Dev ha! And he's not the only one who's surprised me... ;-)

Cindy L said...

Ugh and this is why my wish list keeps growing!! Love them all Jess!

cbandy10(at)hotmail(dot)com

Jean P said...

Adding more books to my ever growing list! Love the cover on Waters of Fate

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Crystal Dee said...

Waters of Fate does have a beautiful cover, but what's inside looks to be the real treasure. I love the whole my best friend's daughter/sister premise. It just makes the men so crazy.

Jess Jarman said...

Thank you, everyone!

I understand the growing TBR list - I have my own that has grown while reading through the posts this weekend.

:D Happy Valentine's Day!