Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day


Hi. A big Valentine's hello from Desiree Holt. I write erotic romance in m nay subgenres-syspense, paranormal, humorous--yes, humorous. Sex can really be funny and fun. My very first erotic sale, Cupid's Shaft,was written with humor. Dumped by her shallow lover for a leggy blonde, Jessie Rawlins was set for a lonely depressing Valentine’s Day in her vacation cabin in Maine. Then a snowstorm landed hot sexy hunk Riley Malone on her doorstep. Suddenly the night took on a whole new meaning as he led her on the sexual adventure of her life.
So what can be better than having the hunk of your dreams show up on your step in the middle of a snowstorm? But when he trips over the basket of sex toys she'd brought hoping for a hot weekend, all kinds of crazy things happen.
I like writing about Valentine's Day. It's a romantic holiday with a lot of possibilities. New love. First kiss. Hot sexy night. Fantasy fulfillment. Roses and champagne. Oh, and of course, whipped cream.
Take my h/h in Having It All. When country rock singer Mac Fontana got his big break, he and Daisy Giles celebrated with a long night of fulfilling sex, where they explored each other’s bodies and took their intimacy further than ever before. It seemed as if nothing could ever go wrong. Then Mac broke Daisy’s heart and it was ten years before they saw each other again. Now, in one long night of erotic sex, Mac must prove to Daisy that she can trust him again and that together, they can have it all. One of my favorite scenes in this story dealt with some very interesting things with chocolate syrup and whipped cream.
And I just love writing about two people who have an incredible connection learning how to deal with it, to trust each other and define the relationship so it's satisfying to both of them.
That first connection can also be intense, depending on the circumstances. I write a lot of BDSM stories because I am blown away by the amount and level of trust a relationship like that demands. Depends on. Needs to succeed. In my latest for Ellora's Cave, Delight Me, we have Dani, a sub who discovered she's really a Domme, and Ethan, a high powered attorney who's actually a sexual submissive. When they meet. although she'd theoretically in charge she's nervous about her very first session as a Domme. And Ethan is the one who must reassure her.
Excerpt:

“Your orders, please?”

A waitress in a very short, sheer dress with a neckline that exposed almost every bit of her breasts had appeared beside them.

“Ice water,” Dani told her. All of her Masters had drilled into her the necessity of abstaining from alcohol before play. Nothing could be allowed to cloud judgment and create problems.

The others ordered the same. Ethan leaned back and let his GAZE roam her body, almost daring her to object. Then, as if having accomplished his purpose, he lowered his gaze.

The ice water was delivered and Dani sipped hers slowly slowly took in every inch of the man sitting beside her. Her gaze focused on Ethan’s full, sensuous lips. Beautiful lips. She could just imagine them closing around her nipple, his hands restrained behind him. Unable to stimulate her with anything but the beautiful mouth. Or perhaps on his knees before her, those same full lips enclosing her clit, his tongue lapping the length of her wet flesh and thrusting inside her at her command.

Under the guise of easy conversation G asked Dani many questions, probing for her true knowledge of D/s rules. Ethan spoke only when he was addressed directly, as befitted a trained sub. Although his expression was arranged in what she assumed was meant to be an expression of subservience and humility, Dani felt his eyes again caressing every inch of her. There was enough iron strength beneath the submissive nature to make him very interesting. She shivered and moisture flooded her cunt. Oh, yes, Ethan Corelli would do very nicely.

“I want to ensure,” G said, “that Ethan is the perfect sub for this evening. He’s been trained by the best and carries no baggage with him. Nothing that would interfere with our activities.”

“That’s good to know,” Dani said. She certainly didn’t want to start out with someone carrying baggage from previous relationships.

“Permission to speak, Mistress?” Ethan asked.

She nodded. “Of course.”

“Mistress G told me you’ve been a submissive for some time now.” His deep voice stroked over her.

“Yes.” She cleared her throat, aware that G was carefully watching the interplay between them. “I’ve had a number of successful relationships.”

A smile played over his lips. “Would I be out of line if I asked what made you want to change roles?” She knew that was a bold question for a sub to ask but she chose to answer him. He of all people had the right to know.

“Not at all.” She took a sip of her drink. “For some time I’ve been convinced I wanted much more out of my relationships. Something that gave me deeper satisfaction. I wanted to be the one in control, managing the pleasure for both myself and my partners. When I began to resent the dominance of my last partner I knew it was time to explore this other side of myself.” She studied his face, saw the question barely concealed in his eyes. “I know all the rules, Ethan. I have a good reputation in the community. You can trust me. I want you to believe I will never betray that trust in any way.”

The hazel eyes darkened to a soft gray. “Then I will do my best to make the evening a fulfilling one for you.” He lifted his glass to her in the sign of a toast.

So on this Valentine's Day I wish for all of your that first connection, or that reunion, which will put the spark in your life and bring your joy,m roses and champagne.

I'll be back later to tell you about the meaning and history of romance and the importance of that first kiss.

www.desireeholt.com

www.desireeholttellsall.com




6 comments:

Chicks of Characterization said...

Very HOT! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Andrea
atsnider@verizon.net

Amy S. said...

Great excerpt

Jean P said...

That was a hot excerpt, definitely want to read this story.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Faith said...

Romance with humor is always a plus. I love to laugh, especially if it's dark humor or something stunningly clever.

bicknellbrown@sbcglobal.net

Cathy M said...

HI Miss Desiree,

I love your stories and can't wait to read Delight Me.

caity_mack at yahoo dot com

Desiree Holt said...

Hi all! Thanks for coming to the party. And Cathy, a very special hug to you.