Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

My List of Ten Women I’d Consider Romancing (if it were possible and I was gay)


By Emly Forrest

Even though I’m strictly heterosexual, I believe there are a few women I’d give a go if the circumstances were right. Woman who are either so cool, or so funny or so attractive that they transcend the whole gender thing. Here’s my list:

1. Selma Hayek (Good Lord, as Satanico Pandemonium in From Dusk till Dawn, she nearly melted my socks!)

2. Ellen DeGeneres (Besides being perky, funny and smart, she’s also gay, which makes her a bit more of a possibility. Okay, like a million to one instead of a billion to one with the rest of my list, but still...)

3. Claire Forlani. (Her portrayal in Meet Joe Black was stunning. I’d kill to look like her.)

4. Sade (See the last sentence of number 3. In my dreams, I look just like Sade. In reality—well... not so much.)

5. Mercedes Ruehl (Love her voice. Love her attitude.)

6. Conchata Ferrell (Yeah, the housekeeper on Two and a Half Men. I’ve been crazy about her since the first time I saw her on the TV series E/R.)

7. Joan Allen (She played Sam Elliot’s wife in the movie Off the Map. If she’s okay by Sam, she’s okay by me.)

8. Patricia Clarkson (Not only is she a wonderful actress, she’s from my part of the world—Gulf Coast.)

9. Sophia Loren (C’mon, it’s Sophia Loren!)

10. Jeanne Moreau (Yeah, she’s really old, but she’s so cool. Think about her portrayal of the whore in Monte Walsh.)

Bonus: Diane Lane (Quite possibly the epitome of classy and beautiful. I can’t believe she’s as old as she is.)

Emly Forrest is the author of The Last Resort (2010) and Irish Ice (Coming in March 2011), both available at www.lyricalpress.com. Please visit her website at www.emlyforrest.com or contact her at emlyforrest@gmail.com.


9 comments:

Cathy M said...

Great list, I can totally agree about the attraction to these powerful women.


caity_mack at yahoo dot com

Kay Dee Royal said...

Emily - I'm a straight woman also, and I'd never think of making a list like this, but there's always 'what if' possibilities aren't there. Fun list. Congratulations on publication!

Kay Dee

desitheblonde said...

well ellen and rosie are some of the best gay women are great they are helping other and now worrying about things

Emly Forrest said...

Thanks, guys! It was just for fun. I do think there are people that just transcend the gender thing for one reason or another.

Terra Pennington said...

Ok I am glad I am not the only one who likes a few pretty woman even though I am heterosexual. All right off to check out the excerpt on "The Last Resort"

Terra

perisquire30 said...

Emily, I agree with you on Diane Lane. She's someone I've always wanted to look like.

Interesting list! I like Sade too: she's got this timeless quality about her, like she's never aged. I wish I could be like that! LOL.

~Roni Lynne

Emly Forrest said...

Thanks, y'all for convincing me that I'm not weird to find women attractive, even if I don't want to do anything about it.

Cindy L said...

Emly great list! There are definitely some actresses that I think are stunning whether it be their looks or their personality. There is nothing wrong with appreciating a beautiful woman!

cbandy10(at)hotmail(dot)com

heavy hedonist said...

Salma Hayek sizzles beyond belief in From Dusk till Dawn-- it's the little bit of babyfat left on her, I think, along with her evil/innocent attitude.
The Hunger, with a nubile Susan Sarandon and the incredible Catherine Deneuve, is another movie example of women that could make a straight girl jump out of the lines.
I'm not a real fan of Claire Forlani, except as a foil for Jason lee in Mallrats!