Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Relationship Secrets

A very wise person once told me that you can never really know what goes on in another couple's relationship. It's a big, fascinating secret. You can speculate, you can wonder, you can talk endlessly to both partners, but you can never really know. I remember that advice whenever I'm tempted to judge someone else's marriage. "They fight too much, they don't have enough sex, why do they live on opposite coasts" ... you know, that kind of thing. What works for one couple may or may not work for another. Every relationship has to find its own path.

I also keep this in mind when I'm writing. What works for me isn't necessarily what works for my characters. My characters are generally much more adventurous than I am. That's why I'm stuck at my computer while they have all the fun. (Just kidding.) They do things I would never do because...well, they're them and I'm me.

Take Lars and Katia, for instance, the hero and heroine of my newest EC release, GO WILD. Katia is a free-spirited wild child who loves Lars, but is afraid of marriage. Lars is an open-minded guy who comes up with the perfect way to convince her he can handle her adventurous nature. Here's a taste.

“If anyone treats her wrong, they’ll answer to me,” said Lars, still behind her. He gave her a little spank on the ass. Katia felt her flesh tremble and her nipples perk up— more. A warm, melting feeling spread through her. The feeling of an adventure about to begin.


Lars took Katia’s arms and held them behind her. Her mouth fell open in astonishment. He drew her up on the tips of her toes so her back arched and her breasts protruded in blatant display. The three men appeared riveted by the sight of her naked body presented to them so invitingly.


Through her haze of surprise, she wondered what they saw. A slim, taut, pale body, long dark hair, erotically aroused nipples. A shadowed triangle between her legs.


“This woman,” Lars said in a husky voice, “has been making me crazy since the moment I met her. She’s the most sensual, most passionate, most lovable wild thing you’d ever want to meet. And she has the idea that I’m a straight arrow who can’t handle her free-spirited ways.”


For the first time, Eagle made a sound, something between a snort and a cough.


“I thought you’d say that,” said Lars. “And it’s true, since I met Katia I’ve been more of a stay-at-home type. It’s only normal. We had to cement our relationship, right, love?”


“What’s going on, Lars?” she whispered, turning her head against his chest.


“You. Me. Three naked men. A sauna. Whatever you want.”


She turned her head back toward the men, who were studying her body with complete and thorough attention. The tension in the room went up another three notches.


“I told you before I trust these guys with my life. When you’re out in the back country you have to rely on each other. We got stuck a few times and had to figure our way back.”


He ran his hand up the side of her breast. “If it suits you, we’ll keep going. If it doesn’t, we’ll stop.”


She shivered as her nipple hardened further. Between Jake’s strong legs, she spotted an answering rise. “Why are you doing this?”


Lars bent his mouth to her ear. “Because I love you. Every bit of you, you wild thing. And I want to prove it. ”


Katia’s body pulsed with excitement. How long had it been since she’d had a sexual adventure like this? She’d forgotten the adrenaline rush of the wild unknown. The thrill that reached deep inside her and made her feel like a goddess.


And to have Lars participate, no, even more...to have him take charge of her like this...what an unexpected miracle.


Click to buy


Read more about my books.

11 comments:

Cathy M said...

Definitely wonderfully wild, Juniper. I love it.


caity_mack at yahoo dot com

Bianca Sommerland said...

Wow. This excerpt is hot. I gotta know what happens. Not putting this on my TBR...gotta get it sooner!

Hmm, maybe my sweetheart won't mind adding a book or two to my Valentine's Day presents ;)

Elie said...

STeamy! There are always two sides and the great thing about well written stories, is you get insight into both sides.

LuAnn said...

I agree ... you never know what goes on behind closed doors. When my first husband (the father of my children) divorced, so many people were shocked. They all thought we had the "perfect" relationship. Actually, it was quite the opposite.

reading_frenzy at yahoo dot com

Stephanie said...

My Goodness!! Unexpected Indeed! Thanks for sharing.

Maria said...

Wowza...hot and wild! Thanks for the excerpt.

junegirl63(at)gmail(dot)com

Jean P said...

Wow, that was one hot and steamy excerpt. Gotta read this story!

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Juniper Bell said...

Thanks for reading, y'all! Yeah, it's a steamy story -- gotta love the steam!

Luann -- It's so true what you say about the "perfect" relationship." Things are never what they seem. Ever! It's hard enough to know what's going on in our own relationships, let alone other people's. ;)

heavy hedonist said...

Your comments about judgement ring true-- no knowing what the words we hear mean within the context of another relationship.

Crystal Dee said...

What a fantasy! Can't wait to read how it works out.

eula_w said...

WOW That's too hot and wild.

Is this in a book? Where I can find to buy this?

If you want to boost your romance and lovelife, use
human pheromones.