Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

SPRING IS BUSTIN' OUT ALL OVER: BIANCA SOMMERLAND



Whipping Monday

There are many, many different rituals surrounding Easter--which makes sense, since the end of winter is a good reason to celebrate. The snow is melting, green things are sprouting, everything smells so pretty...well, not for those first few days in the city, but anyway.

One thing I found common among the traditions of many different countries is painting eggs. I love that tradition. I'm no good at it myself, but it's fun to sit down with the kids and make pretty designs on those hard little shells. And some of the artwork you find on Easter eggs is just...Wow!

Now picture this. On Sunday start painting those little eggs with your daughters while your son spends the days braiding together pussywillow twigs and attaching colored ribbons to the end. When you're done with the eggs you set them aside for the next day, along with some plum brandy and candy, and get yourself some sleep.

Easter Monday is a big day.

The sun peeks through the curtains and you can smell coffee brewing. Your man brought you breakfast in bed. What a wonderful morning.

But before you can roll over to thank him he flips the blankets off you and whips the top of your thighs!

So what do you do?

Well, naturally, you reach into your basket of eggs to give him one and then kiss him for being such a sweetheart.

Did you just go 'huh?'

I'm not making it up and I fully intend to visit a small town in the Czech Republic one day to see how this goes down. And I have a feeling I'll have to bring along a pad and paper because this festival is just full of potential plot bunnies.

Because not only your honey gets to spank you, and you have every right to be testy with any man that neglects you. Depending on the village revenge will take place in the evening, when you can dump cold water on any man who did you wrong. So the men really, really want to keep you happy...

Do you see how a scenario like that could work for me? (For those of you that don't know me, I tend to write rather menage or more--emphasis on the more).

And yes, I can see how some might find this offensive, but if you enjoy BDSM Romance--I love it--I'm sure you can see the potential too. No doubt at least one lady wouldn't want to stop at spanking!  

Bianca Sommerland was born and raised in Montreal, Quebec. When not reading neurotically or writing as though the fate of the world rests on her keyboard, she is either watching hockey or teaching her daughters the beauty of a classic, steel pony while reminiscing about her days in Auto Body Mechanics. 

Her time is balanced with utmost care between normal family life, and the internal paranormal realm where her characters reside. For the most part, she succeeds.  You can find her at http://imnoangelauthorsblog.wordpress.com/





25 comments:

booklover0226 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
booklover0226 said...

Hi, Bianca.

You're a new author for me but not for long. I love reading BDSM and menages; I'm heading to your site right now.

I look forward in reading your works.

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

Bianca Sommerland said...

Hi, Tracey,

My first book is light on BDSM, but heavy on menage! LOL! There's a good sized excerpt up on my blog that you can check out if you'd like!

Happy Reading!

Warmly,
Bianca

Maria said...

Hi Bianca! I do like BDSM in my stories so I will definitely have to check yours out.

Interesting tradition in the Czech Republic....lol

junegirl63(at)gmail(dot)com

T said...

Pussywillow twigs?

Rebekah E. said...

I have never painted easter eggs or done the egg hunt thing. But that is a very interesting tradition.

bc428(at)juno(dot)com

Faith said...

LOL, I'll stick with painting eggs!

bicknellbrown @sbcglobal.net

Jean P said...

That is an interesting traditionin the Czech Republic. Not having kids have never done the painting easter egg tradition
You are a new author to me, so I am off to check out your stories.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Ingeborg said...

I love painting eggs

Kit3247@aol.com

Stormy said...

We dye and decorate eggs every year and as the children have gotten older it's gotten messier and more fun. I love learning how holidays and traditions are different in other countries. Thanks for sharing! You write two of my favorite themes...menage and BDSM!

JoanneR said...

Wow, that sounds like a fun little ritual! Can't wait to read Rosemary Entwined.

cheryl c said...

Interesting tradition! ;-)
castings at mindspring dot com

S.D. Grady said...

lol You did luck out with your topic. Who woulda thunk...what a way to wake up! Thank you for a new tradition to...uh...explore.

S.D. Grady said...

lol You did luck out with your topic. Who woulda thunk...what a way to wake up! Thank you for a new tradition to...uh...explore.

Judy said...

I love painting or coloring the eggs for Easter. I still do it with my grandchildren. Your book looks very good. I also have never read anthing by you:(


Judy
magnolias_1[at]msn[dot]com

Bianca Sommerland said...

Hi, all! :)

Thanks so much for commenting. I'm usually around more when I do a post-I like responding to comments-but I have another post and a blog tour in the works. Please forgive me if there's a stretch between replies.

I love the idea of a spanking festival...well, if it could be done properly. I don't think it would work in Montreal. Maybe in the country?

Good luck to all with the prizes here. And check out my blog for the prizes being given away during the tour!

Warmly,
Bianca

Janet H said...

Hi Bianca!
You write my favorite type of romance. I don't think a spanking festival would go down well where I live either. Nice thought, though.
Janet

dhol2044 at hotmail dot com

Cari Silverwood said...

Ouchies! Trust you to get this topic, Bianca, and find such an er-em interesting folk tradition.

With all those hot men in your stories I wasn't sure you could squeeze in any toys, but I guess whips don't take up much room. LOL

Kym said...

I wouldnt have any trouble dumping water on some men..lol

Sure would make for an interesting read, do you have anymore info ?

krykym(at)fullchannel.net

Karen H in NC said...

I always enjoyed dying the eggs at Easter and admired those fancy, painted eggs. Always wished I had the talent to do something like that.

kkhaas at bellsouth dot net

Cathy M said...

What a totally wild custom, and something that would be so fun to include in one of your stories.


caity_mack at yahoo dot com

Terra Pennington said...

Oh I need this one for this weekend. I love a menage and this looks yummy

Terra
tpen89@charter.net

EdgesAngel23 said...

Hi Bianca :) That spanking festival sounds like fun to me! I love a good BDSM and/or menage story so I'm off to check out your website :)
Ashley A
ash_app@hotmail.com

Sarah Ahiers (Falen) said...

i love painting easter eggs, and it's one of those things i wish i was better at

Stacie said...

I love painting eggs but I haven't done it in years. My husband doesn't eat hard boiled eggs so I can't justify boiling a lot in order to paint them.

user1123 AT comcast DOT net