Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

SPRING IS BUSTIN' OUT ALL OVER: MEGAN SLAYER

Spring Submission – Good and Not So


I didn’t take part in NaNo this past November, but I’ve heard from very trusted sources that November NaNos mean Spring Submissions. All those wonderful stories written in the throes of NaNo bliss have been beaten, squished and mashed into the state by which they are ready for submission. Are they? I don’t know. I mean, I’m not in that position to say, but it sure sounds fun.

It’s scary to send out a submission. Really scary. Why? You don’t know if that gem you’ve worked on, slaved on, is ready for anyone other than the crit partner to read. Is it something the general public will even read? Scary stuff. I’ve sent out a submission or two more than a couple times. Sometimes it’s good. Sometimes it’s not so good. The trick, I’ve learned the hard way, is to take the good with a grain of salt and to really understand why the not so good was mentioned. If you can learn from the mistakes or missteps, then you can create something really great. It’s like the seasons. There’s wonderful things just below the surface in the winter, but it takes the love and care in the spring to make it beautiful.

That’s why I like spring. At least in the midst of the scariness, there are the April showers for inspiration and the May flowers poking through the ground for natural beauty.

I thought I’d include some pictures I use for a little healthy inspiration when the flowers and the thunderstorms aren’t quite enough. You can’t lose when you’ve got pictures of handcuffs, nearly naked men, a little rope, and a little sweat.






::Shivers::


In fact, I think my imagination has been sparked. How about you? April is ready to bust out all over. Ooh! A good name idea, too. Hmmm.
Enjoy!!

When she's not writing the stories in her head, Megan Slayer can be found luxuriating in her hot tub with her two vampire Cabana boys, Luke and Jeremy. She has the tendency to run a tad too far with her muse, so she has to hide in the head of her alter ego, but the boys don't seem to mind.

When she's not obsessing over her whip collection, she can be found picking up her kidlet from school.

23 comments:

booklover0226 said...

Hi, Megan.

You're a new author for me but not for long. I'm going to your blog to learn more about you and your works.

Thank you very much for the pics; they are great.

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

Stacie said...

Oh my goodness. Those pictures certainly would inspire anyone.

user1123 AT comcast DOT net

Judy said...

Fantastic pictures!! Thanks for your post!!


Judy
magnolias_1[at]msn[dot]com

Angelwolfstorm said...

Definitely inspired lol!!!

angelwolf_storm@hotmail.com

Maria said...

Love the eye candy!

junegirl63(at)gmail(dot)com

Nancy G said...

Those would inspire anybody! I'm inspired to gab a book and lose myself to a romantic interlude or two or three or.....

Nancy G said...

I keep forgetting my email, dang it!!

nancyg5997@gmail.com

Megan Slayer said...

Tracey,

Glad you checked me out! Hopefully soon I'll have the subs back and a contract in hand. Fingers crossed.

Megan

Megan Slayer said...

Stacie -

Glad you stopped by. The pictures certainly did something for me.

:-)

Megan

Megan Slayer said...

Judy - Glad you like the post! Always here to deliver something hot.

Megan

Megan Slayer said...

Angelwolfstorm - Glad you stopped by and loved the post!

Megan

Megan Slayer said...

Maria - Glad you liked the candy. Always here to help. Calorie free!!

Megan

Megan Slayer said...

Nancy - Hee hee. I forget to put my email most of the time, too. S'all good. :-) Glad you made it to the post and were inspired.

Megan

Cathy M said...

Oh my, Megan, love your inspiration, lol. I adore springtime for the mildly warm days that let me stay in my comfortable sweats, but leave the windows open to let in that fresh air.


caity_mack at yahoo dot com

Megan Slayer said...

Cathy,

Absolutely. Warm weather where it's just warm enough to lounge but not blazing hot (unless the eye candy shows up) is fantastic.

Glad you made it by!

Megan

Jean P said...

Oh wow those are inspiring pics!
Love spring, because can finally have the windows open and enjoy the warm breezes.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

chey said...

Happy Spring!
chey127 at hotmail dot com

Megan Slayer said...

hi Jean!! Glad you liked the pics. Wish we could open the windows here. Still a tick chilly.

Megan

Megan Slayer said...

Howdy Chey! Glad you could make it. :-) Happy spring to you, too.

Megan

Terra Pennington said...

Hot damn. I could spend all day looking at those pictures. I need a bib to catch the drool. Great pictures and great interview

Terra
tpen89@charter.net

Megan Slayer said...

Heya Terra,

They are drool worthy, aren't they? I'm glad you like and approve. I love sharing my inspiration.

Megan

Pommawolf Emeraldwolfeyes said...

I love your post. *S*
Love your books...*S*
Those pics are so ..*sigh*(beg)... nice!
I love spring. I can't wait for the rest of my snow to melt. We about 6 months winter here in the interior, and I haven't been able to walk my property in months without climbing snowbanks taller than me so it's pretty hard to get anywhere. I can't wait for my fireweed to start blooming. Pretty purple flowers.
Thank you for your post!

Darcy

pommawolf @ hotmail dot com

Megan Slayer said...

Darcy,

Thanks for stopping by! Glad you liked the post. I love spring, too. Thunderstorms, flowers, warm weather....I hate snow.

Megan