Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

SPRING IS BUSTIN' OUT ALL OVER: VICTORIA BLISSE

Artistic Delights of Spring


I love Spring; I love everything about it including the sniffing and the sneezing. When I start having to deal with my hay fever again I rejoice. Winter is on its way out and Sprint is on its way in, huzzah!

I love how much easier it is to wake up early to write because the sun is up and it’s so much easier to get out of bed. I love the burst of colour I see with the crocuses and the daffodils, my favourite flowers of all and the trees bursting into new, green life.

Spring zings through my veins and lightens up my life so it’s unsurprising that I often set stories in the Springtime and my latest release is just one of those tales.

Artistic Sights, Heavenly Delights is the meeting of two very different people over the painting of a portrait; here’s the blurb.

He paid her to paint his portrait but he really wanted to steal her heart.

Hermione is an independent, single mother who has caught the eye of Philip Haughtington, society high-flyer and well known heart breaker.
He wants to seduce her and she is determined to resist but how long will she be able to hold out against his looks, charm and firm, commanding hand?

And that portrait is painted in the middle of a beautiful natural clearing on a spring day, here’s a snippet of the story for you to enjoy.

“Here we are.” Philip said as suddenly the mess of twigs gave way and an obvious clearing came to light.
“Wow.” Hermione took in the vast array of different greens and was awed by the majesty of nature. Across one side was a small pond, grey and green mingled reflected in the water and at the other end a host of bright bluebells shone out between the blades of vibrant grass.
“You didn’t lie, did you?” She smiled at him and he grinned back.
“This is the most beautiful place I’ve ever been.” He sighed and stared into the vast yet stark blue sky.
“It’s very well hidden away isn’t it?”
“When I found it quite by accident as a kid I just knew I should keep it quiet and as I grew up I kept the secret because if Mum and Dad knew they’d want to tame it into the formal garden and I don’t think that’s right. This place is wild and should be kept as such.”
She completely agreed with him, such a beautiful place deserved to be preserved and as she looked him in the eye she noticed a flash of acknowledgement within them. He must have read her approval in her face.
“Yes, this place would be ruined if someone tried to run a path through it or tried to prune back the bushes.” Maybe Philip wasn’t quite the stuck-up snob she’d thought he was. And maybe she shouldn’t be so hard on him.
“So I was thinking I could sit over here.” He strode over to a large fallen tree, its roots dangling uselessly in the air like a wooden waterfall.
“Fantastic.” The artist in Hermione took over as she directed him to sit on top of the large trunk. “Just sit on an angle a bit, no, no to the left a bit. That’s it, a bit further back.”
She tutted and walked forward towards him. She grabbed his long frame by his muscular shoulder and pushed him back, angling him to her requirements.
She’d forgotten how much her v-necked top exposed her cleavage if she wasn’t careful, and she hadn’t been careful. Looking at Philip’s face, she saw that he was blatantly ogling her chest.
She waited, staring at his eyes, hands on her hips.
He looked up. Caught him, she thought triumphantly.
“S…Sorry.” A blush spread across his high cheekbones but there was a sparkle in his green eyes. “I just couldn’t help myself. It looked so very inviting down there.”
Damn him. Hermione flushed and covered her bared chest with one hand before stepping back to set up her stool and to get to work.
“Don’t move an inch.” She shouted over her shoulder as she rooted through her bags and boxes for pencils and paints,when she glanced over her shoulder to check on him his gaze was fixed firmly on her arse. She’d worn the long, thick skirt as protection from this sort of thing, she’d heard rumours of his cad-like ways, but it obviously wasn’t working as even from this distance she could see the tented material in the front of his crotch. She knew she should be angry and affronted but something inside her actually felt flattered.
“You have a gorgeous arse,” he said after her attention was once again focused on her paints and brushes, “plump and juicy.”
“I beg your pardon?” Hermione snapped, “I’m not here to fulfill some seedy sexual fantasy of yours, so behave, right?” She might have been somewhat aroused by his appreciative gaze but she did not want him to know that. She had to keep this professional.Painting his portrait could be key to furthering her career. She did not want to spoil that.
“Yes, erm, Sorry,” he replied, squirming against the bark of the log, “I was just thinking aloud. I’ll shut up now.”

To find out how Hermione fairs against the handsome and lustful Philip Haughtington pick up a copy of Artistic Sights, Heavenly Delights from Total-E-Bound. http://www.total-e-bound.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=&P_ID=1148
To discuss this book or just have a chat please friend me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/victoriablisse and follow me on twitter http://www.twitter.com/victoriablisse Thank you!

Victoria Blisse is a Mother, Wife, Christian, Manchester United Fan and Award Winning Erotica Authoress.

She is equally at home behind a laptop or a cooker and she loves to create stories, poems, cakes and biscuits that make people happy. She was born near Manchester, England and her northern English quirkiness shows through in all of her stories.
Passion, love and laughter fill her works, just as they fill her busy life.

18 comments:

Maria said...

I get invigorated by Spring too! And yes, I too have the seasonal allergy thing going but I welcome it during Spring because it means the cold and snow are history!

Thanks for the blurb and excerpt from Artistic Sights, Heavenly Delights - it was really good and very intriguing....will have to add this to my list!

junegirl63(at)gmail(dot)com

Rebekah E. said...

I also love spring. But I don't rejoice over my allergies. I'm just very thankful for allergy medicine. But unfortunately I woke up this morning to snow. I guess winter just doesn't want to let go yet.

Jean P said...

I love spring, can't wait for it to arrive and stay!
Thanks for the blurb, sounds delicious!

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Cheryl said...

Hmmmm...this one sounds great. Unique premise.

Best of luck with your book.

Cheryl

cg20pm00(at)gmail(dot)com

Judy said...

I love Spring here in the South. Thank goodness, I do not have allergies any more. When I was younger (in my twenties) I had them bad, and then suddenly I guess I out grew them. That is so weird, but for over 30 years I have not had an allergy:)

Thanks for the snippet!!

Judy
magnolias_1[at]msn[dot]com

cheryl c said...

wicked excerpt!
castings at mindspring dot com

booklover0226 said...

It's 70 degrees and sunny today; I love springtime in MD. Everyone is in such a great mood today!

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

chey said...

I love spring and can't wait for it to get here!

Cathy M said...

I love springtime, and so far, no allergies!


caity_mack at yahoo dot com

Kym said...

Spring is my fav season, I see it as such a wonderful sign of new beginnings :)

Your book sounds wonderful..cant wait to find out what happens with Hermione :)

kym
krykym(at)fullchannel.net

Terra Pennington said...

Spring is in the air down south and time for spring cleaning. Just love this time of year and Ms. Blisse your books sound like a good one to read while enjoying the cool spring air.

Terra
tpen89@charter.net

lisagkendall said...

Even though I suffer from allergies I still love spring and open windows and doors. Enjoyed the excerpt. lisa gk at yahoo dot com

Victoria said...

I'm glad everyone loves Spring so much, everything seems lovlier in the spring I think, even alergies!

Sarita said...

I love spring, too. Even the sneezing!

EdgesAngel23 said...

I love spring too, but like you I suffer from allergies. I have to double up on the allergy pills in the spring time, but I still love it!!
Great excerpt from your book its going on my TBR!!
Ashley A
ash_app@hotmail.com

kaisquared said...

I love Spring, but we still had snow here as of last week!
Happy Easter!

Sarah Ahiers (Falen) said...

i'm so glad i don't have hay fever. It would really put a damper on the end of winter for me

Stacie said...

I have allergies that really flare up in the Spring. I just get my meds and eye drops and try to enjoy the scenery.

user1123 AT comcast DOT net