Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Friday, May 6, 2011

BETWEEN THE COVERS: REBECCA GILLAN


Welcome to Between The Covers, my monthly blog about erotic romance in the news! My name is Rebecca Gillan. Sometimes I come across stories that look like normal people doing normal people stuff. And sometimes I come across stories that sound like someone tried to re-enact their favorite scene from a romance novel and it didn’t go so well. Once a month, on the first Friday of the month, I share some of these juicy gems. So grab your popcorn and enjoy the ride!

First off, let me open up with the astounding news that Colorado may soon be joining the 21st century by repealing an antique law against adultery. That is, unless one lone duck in the state congress gets his way. It would seem he thinks repealing the sexual immorality portion of the law should stand because it might encourage brothels. I have to wonder, though, since the law doesn’t appear to actually be enforce, just what law he thinks has been used to make brothels illegal to date?

Let this be a warning to you: China has some very strict anti-prostitution laws. They are so strict, in fact, that the good folks in a town in Jilin Provence, China, were treated to the sight of a man sliding down a telegraph pole nekkid while trying to elude police conducting a prostitution sting. I can just imagine the awkward places he must have gotten splinters. The part of this all-too-brief story that caught my attention, though, was the telegraph pole. I know parts of China are pretty rural but surely they don’t still use telegraph lines? Either way, it sounds like he had more luck than the pair in my next story.

A father/daughter pair was arrested over Easter weekend when the daughter solicited an undercover cop to have sex with her dad. To make matters more bizarre, they are not from Florida; they’re from Iowa. And she wanted the dead done for a mere $20. I’d probably leave the state, too, if I was looking to hook my dad up with a little spring chick for Easter. That scenario takes the term “May-December romance” to a whole new, totally gross level, doesn’t it?

This week we learned that in every crowd there is at least one nutjob who’s afraid of progress, that cops in China are mean enough to risk splinters in the wood, and that we should just get dad a nice pair of bunny slippers for Easter. Remember to have a little fun from time to time, but keep it between the covers or you might end up in the police blotter- or on this blog!

Rebecca
RebeccaLGillan.com

2 comments:

Rebecca Gillan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca Gillan said...

As I sit here reading this, it hit me that I hope we dont'e have a mother/son repete of that father/daughter thing this Mother's Day weekend. Really, just get Mom some flowers. It may be old-fashioned, but some traditions just don't need to get started...