Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thursday 13: Lori Toland

This post is part of the Virtual Book Tour for Trust in Me, Lori Toland's latest release from Loose ID. Commenters on this blog, and the other tour stops, will be entered into a drawing for a $25 gift card from Amazon, B&N or Loose Id and a copy of her book. You can see the other stops on her tour here.

Top Thirteen Favorite Characters of All Time


These are from many different places (books, movies, video games and anime) and with no further ado, here are my fave characters of all time, in no particular order:

1. Kyoya Ootori from Ouran High School Host Club: The snarky Ouran Host Club VP found a place in my heart when he shows a softer side for his bff Tamaki Suou in this fab manga/anime series. And he is super smart.

2. Jake from The Cat from Outer Space: Okay, this list would not be complete without at least one cat on it and this adorable feline is no different. He had an adorable sense of humor and talked. After that, I kept searching for a special collar for my cat so he could talk.

3. Kanji Tatsumi from Persona 4: This cutie pie from the wildly popular video game has a gay identity crisis that shocks the whole town (on public TV no less) but after he is saved from death, he accepts his true self. I won’t ruin the rest of the plot on this fascinating and fun game.

4. Dr. Romano from ER: You know him, not a huge player but the character everyone loved to hate with the passion of a thousand burning suns. I love this character because he is such an interesting character study. The writers created a person so hated, the only fitting end was for him to die in a fire.

5. Mulan: I think this says it all. A strong female lead who runs into battle to save her father. I cry every time at the end, without fail and along with a beautiful love story, this is a constant feel good movie. *sobs*

6. Ron Stoppable (from Kim Possible): Okay, I like beta heroes. But Ron takes this to a whole new level of funny and cracky stuff. On every episode, hubby and I are in stitches, plus there’s the whole best friend romance woven in that makes my teeth hurt with the cuteness.

7. John Milton (the Devil from The Devil’s Advocate): Wow. Evil Never Looked So Good… Al Pacino makes this character amazing, but the twist and turns of this character are very subtle to explosive at the end. Brilliantly written and beautifully played.

8. Maxwell Smart (from Get Smart): Again, with the beta hero. This list has them. But Max cleverly thwarts evil and saves the day in this very funny movie. I enjoyed it from beginning to end (even though I envy him for winning Anne Hathaway in the end).

9. The whole cast of Hustle: I didn’t think it fair to single out one character in this BBC TV series. As a group of grifters, not unlike Robin Hood as they steal from the rich but give to themselves, these clever, slippery characters stick it to the man as they think up schemes to play with people.

10. Damon from the Vampire Diaries books: I have to stress the book series because the TV series annoys me. Damon is wow, so sexy in the books. While Stefan may be a tortured hero, I loved that Damon took what he wanted without thought to anyone. Dude, I’m kinda twisted LOL!

11. GLaDOS from Portal 1 and 2: Wow. Evil (censored). If you’ve played this game, you know what I mean. But the clever dialogue from her to the player drives me to work more snark into my stories.

12. Henry Roth from 50 First Dates: Okay, this makes me sigh. All women should have a guy who loves them this much. To go through being forgotten every day and make her fall in love with him all over, that’s dedication. But my husband thinks he’s stalking her *cue eye roll here*

13. Usagi-san aka Usami Akihiko from Junjou Romantica: Whether it’s the manga or anime, I love this character like whoa. He is a great character study in romantic heroes that have interesting characteristics. He would basically rot without Misaki but he’s the seme… anyway, love him!

I know what you are saying. But where are the twins from Harry Potter and where is Ezio from Assassin’s creed. I thought you said you loved Yosuke from Persona 4 best and… well, I’ll be back for more soon and I’ll have a whole new list :-)

Thanks to Whipped Cream for having me by!

CEO by day, erotic romance writer by night, Lori Toland lives in Orlando where the summers are hot but the romance between her characters is even hotter. Writing since the tender age of 13, Lori somehow finds time to play video games and watch movies while taking care of her beloved cats and a husband who will forever be her hero.

10 comments:

Caridad Pineiro said...

Love that you have Mulan on the list! A great character for young girls. My favorite character has to be Eve Dallas from the IN DEATH series by J.D. Robb. Just love her!

readingromances said...

Great, great, great post!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I really appreciate it!

Brenda ND said...

Mulan and Agent Smart? You've got an interesting group of heroes. Thanks for sharing.

Xakara said...

Interesting list. And I LOVE the idea of a T13 being part of a blog tour. I'll have to get on that. :)

Happy TT,

~Xakara
13 Social Sites

Lori Toland said...

Thanks! I do have some interesting characters but I like beta heroes. I talk about it later on in the tour. :)

Amara Devonte said...

Great post. I love this idea. :)

Gotta say... I loved Jake. I searched endlessly for a collar that would make my cat talk. :) I totally did.

Thanks for sharing. :))

Shelley Munro said...

Great list. I really like Damon from the Vampire Diaries too.

Lori Toland said...

So happy everyone enjoyed my list :)

Jason said...

awesome list!!

Jase
vslavetopassionv(at)aol(dot)com

Sarah said...

Ooh! I love Damon from "Vampire Diaries" :-) He's so sexy and so bad!

smaccall @ comcast.net