Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

"Friends" Forever? Karenna Colcroft wonders...

Friends with benefits is one of those concepts that causes a lot of debate. Can two people be sexually involved without emotions getting in the way? Is there really such a thing as no-strings sex? I kind of have to wonder about that, and I'm curious about what readers think, especially given that recently two movies about friends with benefits arrangements have come out.

My curiosity about it led me to write a novella for Ellora's Cave titled Forever with Benefits, which was released this past Friday, July 29. Haylie Betancourt returns--unwillingly--to her hometown after ten years and runs into her high school crush, Will Shaw, the one guy who might have persuaded her not to leave. She definitely doesn't want to be in a relationship with him but figures some no-strings fun wouldn't be a problem. It becomes a problem when she discovers that Will wants to be more than friends with benefits.

You can find out more about the book on the Ellora's Cave website or read an excerpt on the book's page on my site.

5 comments:

Cathy M said...

Great excerpt, and I am holding out hope that this turns from friends to lovers with a hea.

caity_mack at yahoo dot com

The Happy Booker said...

I think that friends with benefits usually sounds like a better idea than what it turns out to be. In my opinion, it usually ends with someone getting hurt and someone feeling guilty. It will be interesting to see how Will and Haylie work it out!

Donna Smith
ahappybooker at gmail dot com

Stacie said...

I'm not sure I'm cut out for that type of relationship. I enjoy reading them because they are wonderfully complicated.

User1123 AT comcast DOT net

Na said...

I don't believe in a friends with benefits relationships for me but maybe for other people. I would be too emotionally invested. Anything is possible.

Robin said...

I don't think it really works... I would be too emotionally invested also. Or at least one of the pair usually is more emotionally invested than the other.


Robin D
robindpdx (at) yahoo (dot) com