Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Guest Post - I Hear Voices


For as long as I can remember, the dialogue has always played out in my head. I have tons of story ideas mingling in with my thoughts. Most people are probably worried when they hear voices inside their head, but I worry when I don't hear them. Some of my best plots come from a few sentences of dialogue I came up with while standing in line at the grocery store or when I was breading chicken cutlets. I often find myself building entire stories around a few words. I just wish I had the time to sit and write them all!

Hello Everyone! I'm Ella Jade and I'm thrilled to be here today.

I've been writing forever. As a child, I always had a notebook and pen with me and as an adult, the laptop is never far. I've been jotting down short stories for years. The plots and dialog have always played out in my head, but I never knew what to do with them. I never thought to have anyone else read them. That all changed about two years ago when I found a fan fiction website and decided to spin my own version of a popular vampire series. It was a challenge to myself to see if I could actually put a story together from beginning to end. Its one thing to store your work on your hard drive and read it yourself, but it's an entirely different game to put it out there for thousands of strangers to see.
I was reading all of this wonderful fiction from women just like me. We weren't necessarily professional writers, but we had a passion to tell a story and through that common interest we spun amazingly interesting tales. (We still do!). Had it not been for the success I found in that forum or the friends I made on-line, I never would've had the courage to take the next step. I decided it was time to focus on my own novels, and here I am, excited to share it with all of you.
My current release, Jocelyn's Choice, is a Young Adult Romance that deals with some pretty tough issues. Don't let the YA genre fool you though, this story packs some serious steam.

Blurb - Jocelyn Andrews, a shy, awkward, high school senior, has never even been on a date until she meets Alex Jordon, the older, more experienced brother of her best friend Evan. Jocelyn falls hard for the charming player and wants to explore all of the “firsts” that go along with young love. Alex has no problem showing her what she's been missing.

Alex is captivated by young, innocent Jocelyn and to his own surprise, only has eyes for her.  One night of careless passion leads to a life-altering dilemma. Alex must head back to Yale to finish an internship, having no idea what he's left behind. Jocelyn must decide what to do on her own, forcing her to grow up much faster than she anticipated.

Reality sets in, decisions are made and Jocelyn has to live with her choices. Alex returns home to more than he ever bargained for.  Young love has never been more complicated as they deal with a teen pregnancy, social barriers, and concerned family members. Life sometimes throws a curve ball, but the unexpected isn't always bad.

***

I'll be back in a bit with an excerpt and I'll talk about my upcoming BDSM release Be My Everything.

Links...


7 comments:

heather said...

I can't wait to read this book. It sounds great :)

Stacie said...

I haven't read much YA but after reading your blurb I want to read the story. I feel sympathy for the young heroine already.

User1123 AT comcast DOT net

ella jade said...

Thanks ladies! I really enjoyed writing this one. Jocelyn stayed with me long after I put the pen down!

I hope you like where I took it:)

Ella

Na said...

Ella, I hope you keep hearing voices in your head for a long time to come! "Jocelyn's Choice" sounds like an emotional read and I think it's a story where I am really going to care for the characters. Jocelyn does have some tough decisions to make and I think these will really make her grow as a person in the story. It's a story that I'm interested in reading.

Robin said...

Jocelyn's Choice looks really good!

Robin D
robindpdx (at) yahoo (dot) com

ella jade said...

Thanks again for the interest. Luckily, the voices haven't stopped. lol I'm working to finish two WIP's very soon.

I really loved creating all of the characters in Jocelyn's Choice and I hope you enjoy them as much as I loved writing them!

Cathy M said...

I haven't read many YA stories myself, but your blurb has me intrigued.


caity_mack at yahoo dot com