Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Happy 4th Anniversary LASR/WC!


Maria-Claire Payne here again :)

A bit more about me: Maria-Claire Payne is the alter-ego of another Claire who holds multiple professional credentials related to the field of radiation oncology and a graduate degree in psychology. Both personalities share a love of taking classes in English literature and reading in many genres as well as getting inked and admiring biker dudes from afar. When no new reading material is readily at hand for whatever reason, her children have caught her reading cereal box-tops to fill the void. Maria-Claire lives in Southern Florida with her two rather conservative (how did that happen?) teenagers, the ghost of her soul-mate (her muse), and a crew of Himalayan and Persian cats affectionately referred to as the “Pussy Posse.” See two in the attached picture. Brotherly love!

Speaking of bikers: loud shout-out to the Patriot Guard for all you do for our military heroes!

One of my readers checked out my blurbs and character biographies I posted on my website and asked me if I planned to write other short historicals in the vein of Bending Tyme since she loves historical romance. My response? Absolutely! I enjoy so many genres and time periods myself, and I don't see limiting myself provided I enjoy the research I do for each story -- and I fall in love with my characters along the way!

Learn more about the men and women in Unstrung at http://maria-clairepayne.com/characters/unstrung/

Learn more about the fabulous Regency men and contemporary women in Bending Tyme at


Maria-Claire
http://maria-clairepayne.com
http://maria-clairepayne.com/blog
Making Love from Payne...because, sometimes...Love Hurts

12 comments:

Kay Dee Royal said...

Hi Maria - thanks for the intro to your characters - fun!

I especially like (Jimmy Thomas) *grins*

Congratulations on your new releases!!

Kay Dee
kaydeeroyal at msn dot com

Stacie said...

Hello Maria-Claire!
Your kitties are gorgeous! Both of your personalities sound busy busy busy. How do you find the time to write?

user1123 AT comcast DOT net

Maria-Claire Payne said...

Thanks, Kay Dee! Jimmy Thomas is all over my website, so check it out :) I like to add a visual to my character bios and the mini-shorts I upload as free reads, so I am quite fond of using his image as frequently as possible ;)

Maria-Claire

Maria-Claire Payne said...

Hi, Stacie,

Time to write is never a problem -- that's a major priority, right up there with caffeine and downloading Jimmy Thomas images ;)On the other hand, if my teens weren't as responsible with cleaning our house as they are so Mom can write, the cat hair would morph into another full-blown member of the Pussy Posse once every time I start a new story!

Thanks for dropping by!

Maria-Claire

booklover0226 said...

Hi, Maria-Claire.

Loved the kitty picture; they are adorable.

I look forward in reading your works.

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

Maria-Claire Payne said...

Thanks, Tracey :) Becquerel and Coco also extend their thanks for your appreciation for their good looks ;) These are some seriously spoiled cats, the hairballs! Fantastic company when I write into the wee hours, though :)

Maria-Claire

Toni said...

Great tagline!! Mmmmmmm hot bikers, sorry got lost for a moment. I'm off to check out the links. Thanks for posting today.

tsteinerid(gmail)

Maria-Claire Payne said...

Hi, Toni,

Thanks for stopping by! I'm working on a biker story and I'm afraid I'll get lost on my own website if I post a biker pic for inspiration ;)Awww, what the hell...I NEED a biker pic, don't I??? On my "Books" page, check back under my "WIPS & Chains" page (http://maria-clairepayne.com/books/wips-chains/) later tonight. You inspired me to post one even if it does send me off into my own personal fantasy-land and I get detoured a bit from the writing :)

Thanks too for the thumbs-up on the tagline!

Maria-Claire

Na said...

I hope a day never comes when I run out of reading materials. From the way things are going I'm afraid I won't have enough time to read as my TBR pile is always growing. To be fair some cereal boxes do look interesting to read :) I'm glad you don't limit youself to a genre because as a read I don't. I love falling in love with characters from everywhere, past, present or future. The field of radiation oncology sounds intriguing!

Maria-Claire Payne said...

Hi, Na!

Since I began switching to e-readers with the first available Sony e-reader a few years ago, I can pretend my TBR pile is much smaller than it is :) I just purged something like 1,000 hard-copy books from my house (kinda felt like cutting off my right arm, but I survived). Oh, I still keep a few shelves full of some of my favorites -- but our local libraries were very, very happy :) I'm good provided we don't lose power for any length of time...then out come the cereal boxes ;)

Maria-Claire

books4me said...

I read everything...even the insurance booklet that we get every year that says the SAME thing...yep, I read it from cover to cover! LOL!

books4me67 at ymail.com

Maria-Claire Payne said...

Too funny! See? True readers do not discriminate, even if the prose is in the form of insurance propaganda :)

Maria-Claire