Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

The HUNG Hero


This particular topic is one I have LONG considered. It is a WIDEly debated topic of some GIRTH. That's right, it's the issue of penis size in romance! I originally blogged on this topic on our group BDSM-author blog, Kinky Ever After.com, and I enjoyed it so much I decided to bring it here. Okay, and maybe I just like to talk about male...parts...a lot.

I had to giggle when I got my first author's handbook from one of my publishers. In it, they chide authors not to write heroes with massive man meat--their point being that the average penis size of most men is around six inches.

To this I say: I am not interested in average penis size, not when we're talking about the hunks in MY books! No, no, no, my heroes must be breathtaking--nay--spectacular! Now, I'm not saying they have to be so large they injure the heroine or anything. They don't have to be packing a baseball bat, just something slightly better than average. I mean, think about it. Heroes are heroes because they are better than your average Joe. Why not give them a hunk of junk to match?

And oh...the balls must be heavy and pendulous. Don't you think so? Damn skippy!

I suppose I fell in love with hung men during my formative 80's romance reading years. Back then all the heroines were virgins too, so there was always that lovely de-virginizing scene where the hero had to cram his oversized tool into her tight gripping sheath while she gasped and struggled beneath him. Of course, she could only survive this trauma because she was clasped in his strong, tender arms. Sigh...

Even now, when most of what I read and write doesn't involve virgins, I still want the hero's equipment to make the heroine's eyes go wide when he drops his pants. Maybe that makes me a pervert. Surely it makes me a size girl. When you add power exchange into the mix, fantasy penis size becomes even more important to me. Doms need big cocks. It's just a fact.

Author handbook of unnamed publisher, I do not agree with your cock-size guidelines. In fact, I strongly disagree! Long live thick throbbing hero-cock.

What about you? How do you like your hero? Average/realistic, larger-than-average, or over the top?

9 comments:

booklover0226 said...

I like all three! I've read books featuring those types of heros and have enjoyed each one!

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

books4me said...

Romance books are about fantasy and dreamy guys and gals so YES, cocks should be larger than normal!

boosk4me67 at ymail.com

Stacie said...

I prefer to read about average or larger than average size. I don't particularly want to read about over the top size. I like a sense of reality in a story. I know there are several paranormal stories where they are downright scary.

user1123 AT comcast DOT net

Toni said...

I can go both ways, but I agree in the fantasy world I don't mind a larger then life size.

I'm still laughing at "hunk of junk". I'm writing that one down!!

tsteinerid(gmail)

bw said...

Annabel
I like my guys to over average but I remember reading one historical in which the hero was um, 12 inches. Yeow! That just sounds painful and I found it very distracting to the story line.

Beth
whartonmichael(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

Tara W said...

I definitely prefer heroes that are above average. I read romance because of the fantasy aspect, not so much for the realism. I was a huge fan of the 80's romance era as well. The bigger the better.
mizztuts AT bellsouth DOT net

Na said...

I actually dont think about sizes when I'm reading because I'm imagining they must be well-proportioned (whether it's realistic or not) to be a hero. Plus in addition to that they pretty much always have the traits of a standard hero: strong, capable and smart. These are all good enough for me.

Gabrielle Lee said...

Not big on over the top heroes but I do think it is all in the way he uses it and everything else.

Gabrielle
meingee@yahoo.com

Robin said...

Larger than average!

Robin D
robindpdx (at) yahoo (dot) com