Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Let's All Celebrate by Lucy Felthouse

Happy anniversary to LASR and WC, congratulations! I thought your anniversary was the perfect excuse to talk about celebrations.

First, let me introduce myself. I'm Lucy Felthouse and I'm from Derbyshire in the UK. I write erotica and erotic romance, and have been published by Cleis Press, Noble Romance, Ravenous Romance, Summerhouse Publishing and Xcite Books. You can find my website here, and I'm also on Facebook and Twitter.

So... onto the celebrations! Most people love a good party, right? Whether it's weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, engagements... it's a great excuse to get together with the people you care about and have some fun, right? That's the way I look at it, anyway. Sometimes people can go a while without seeing one another because life gets in the way, so when people hook up again after a long time, things can often go with a bang!

What about college/University reunions? You may have people you were good buddies with when you were in higher education, but despite your best efforts or intentions, you drift apart. Or perhaps there was a romance that never quite happened... For this reason, this kind of celebration or get together can be even more daunting than a family event, even if your family drive you crazy.

That's certainly how my character, Lauren, felt in my latest release, LOOSE ENDS. She wasn't particularly enthusiastic about going to her University's five year reunion, but her friends talked her into it. Lauren didn't see much point in going to mingle with a group of people that no longer had anything to do with her life – she'd kept in touch with certain friends, but that was it. The only person she had any wish to set eyes on again was working abroad and so would certainly not be attending.

Except... he does. Here's the blurb for LOOSE ENDS:

When Jonathan and Lauren met at University, it should have been the beginning of a beautiful relationship. Sadly, it wasn’t to be, and Jonathan became ‘the one that got away.’ Years later, at a University reunion, Jonathan shows up unexpectedly throwing Lauren into turmoil. The pair start talking, and soon all the old feelings come back. But will this time be different, or will their mutual affection continue to be unrequited?

Buy LOOSE ENDS from Summerhouse Publishing, Amazon UK, Amazon US, All Romance eBooks, and many more.

7 comments:

MomJane said...

It sounds as though you really ejoy writing and your story has the same feeling.

bw said...

Lucy,
Sometimes it works the other way. I recently saw a guy I knew from high school that I had dated a few times. We lost touch after he graduated and I thought of him from time to time as a "hottie" even though my husband and I are very happy together. When I saw him last year, he was so wimpy and "blah" that I was shocked it was the same person!
beth
whartonmichael(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

Stacie said...

I love reunion and second chance stories. A University reunion is an interesting way to reconnect old friends.

User1123 AT comcast DOT net

Na said...

I love celebrations and to me it's another reason to spend time with people in my life. I don't have my own reunion story but I do like reading about them although I haven't come across a university reuonin yet. I like it, it's a little different from the high school reunions and centers around more mature adults.

Lucy Felthouse said...

Thanks for your comments everyone - it's great to hear different perspectives on stories like this! :)

Robin said...

Loose Ends sounds good!

Robin D
robindpdx (at) yahoo (dot) com

Cathy M said...

I love a romantic reunion story, though I never went to any of mine.


caity_mack at yahoo dot com