Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Look What You've Done!!!

Hey everybody! I’m relatively new on the scene, but hey, we all gotta start somewhere. I’m Megan Slayer and I write about rock and roll, art, love and guys who get it on! You’ve probably seen me around a little. I can be quite loud, or quite shy. I’ve written for Whipped Cream on more than one occasion, so I’m not a total newbie.


My dear pal Kealie Shay read through my rough, and I mean rough, first drafts of my novella, Permanent that comes out through Total-E-Bound in January. I’d worked with both Kealie and my other dear friend, Wendi Zwaduk, but this was my first all by myself longer story. I’m quite proud of it.

So you might be wondering...I’m a heterosexual female, living with three guys, a large dog and a youngling—oh and a rather large assortment of whips. Where in the heavens did I get the idea to write Permanent?


Glad you asked. And glad I got a spot on the blog fest to explain it to you.
The guys I live with are each fantastic in their own right. Tall, dark, sexy, brooding...they’ve got them all covered. But as we played, I thought, yanno, this would be so hot if they got it on with each other. I can honestly say that hasn’t happened, but a girl can dream. My point is I thought, if I’m wondering about this...I need to see it.

On to the internet! Talk about a lot of...visuals...holy moly. There is lots to see. Type in hunk. That gives you a lot to think about. How about manlove? You’ll find a wide variety and some very hairy men. (And if you’re like me, hair on guys is ... shudder... I get made fun of because I’m not attracted to hairy men...but really....gross). How about muscle men? Yeah, some shocking stuff.

So then I thought, ok, I’m not finding what I want here...what if...I put the two guys I’d like to see getting on...doing just that?

BINGO!!!

We have a winner!


I love having an imagination. I found pics that were exactly what I wanted and let my mind wander free and at ease. Well, you’ll see in January what I came up with. All I can say then, is this: I’m rather proud. My mom will more than likely say, what have you done? and pass out. My gramma is all excited because well, she’ll back me up in anything I do as long as it’s legal. The boys are thrilled because they helped with the research aspects. So...I’m good.

How do you get your inspiration from idea to paper or computer screen? I’d love to know? Do you have ideas floating around that you’d love to do something with, but haven’t? Why not? Come on. I won’t bite. Much. Okay, I’ve had my shots at least. Come on. You know you want to.

~Megan
When she's not writing the stories in her head, Megan Slayer can be found luxuriating in her hot tub with her three vampire Cabana boys, Luke, Jeremy, and Gerard.

She has the tendency to run a tad too far with her muse, so she has to hide in the head of her alter ego, but the boys don't seem to mind.

When she's not obsessing over her whip collection, she can be found picking up her kidlet from school. Her first novella comes out in January from Total-E-Bound publishing, but don't think that's it. She's hard at work on the next story. Always working.

7 comments:

Kay Dee Royal said...

Vampire cabana boys - who knew (*grins*)

Love it, Megan!

Nice pictures - I had to be careful, scrolling the post up - have a couple grandsons present (tee-hee)

Thanks for being here.

Kay Dee
kaydeeroyal at msn dot com

Stacie said...

Hello Megan!
Wow thanks for the man candy. You just made my Saturday! I'm not a writer so I can't help you with writing inspiration unfortunately. Congratulations on your upcoming release! It sounds like a lovely story.

user1123 AT comcast DOT net

booklover0226 said...

Hi, Megan.

It's a good thing I have the AC on because those pics got me hot and bothered!

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

Toni said...

Love the pictures and do you happen to know where I could find three vampire cabana boys of my own???

tsteinerid(gmail)

Na said...

These pictures are very easy on the eyes :) As a reader I get my inspiration everywhere but when it comes to getting a visual of a hero it's really a mash-up of people and my own imagination. There is no one go-to guy I turn to. Your vampire Cabana boys sound intriguing. I wonder how they fare in the sun?!

books4me said...

Firzt off can I say, holy crap where did you find those photos? HOT isn't a strong enough word! Second, I totall agree with hairy is n-a-s-t-y! I know people can't help it but eeewww! Congrats you your book...you should be proud! Be very proud!

books4me67 at ymail.com

Gabrielle Lee said...

What great pictures. I love the one of the two men does an imagination good.

Gabrielle
meingee@yahoo.com