Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

The More the Merrier!! Bi Guys in a Ménage?

Cheryl Dragon here:) I'm pretty sure today is my day....I write menage +, bdsm, and some paranormal m/f.

When I started writing ménage + (poly, group, pick your name for this subgenre) I found it was a lot easier than I expected. So much fun!! But I wasn’t sure about making the guys bisexual. Some people say bisexuality is a stop on the road to being gay. So are there that many bisexual men around?? Is it believable? Sure, erotic romance is a lot of fantasy fun in there, but mine aren’t paranormal or futuristic…it’s contemporary America. Wouldn’t it be fun to have three or four hot men to play with? Obviously in fiction, we can control that.

 For instance, in my Lucky Springs series…there are a lot of them—some of the men are bisexual and some aren’tJ



 http://www.allromanceebooks.com/storeSearch.html?searchBy=series&qString=Lucky+Springs

But in reality…I wondered. So I asked some of my gay male friends aged 20s thru 50s. Some were open to the idea. Younger men especially had no problem with the idea of someone being flexible (even though all I spoke to were strictly gay by their definition). Some did believe bisexuality was just gay in denial. But my favorite guy who loves to talk about hot books told me the most thought provoking truth about this.

 He said that so many people like to do so many freaky things….role playing, dress up, kinky pain stuff, and wild fetishes (like latex as one example)….that bisexuality was really boring by comparison.




 Lol. I never thought four men and one woman in a bed was boring but compared to some lifestyles, it’s fairly benign. Rock on Lucky SpringsJ the series will continue well into 2012…

 

Check out more of my menage + and bdsm at my website...www.cheryldragon.com
Happy Anniversary:)

4 comments:

Stacie said...

Hello Cheryl!
I actually prefer when the heroes in a menage are bisexual or gay. I enjoy reading m/m/f more than m/f/m. I just think they are more interesting and they make the story more layered.

user1123 AT comcast DOT net

booklover0226 said...

I agree with Stacie. I li bi guys in menages. Though one of my favorites is m/m/f, I love m/f/m, and m/m/m and more novels.

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

Toni said...

No problems here. I wish society was a bit more open the other possiblities in life. I think that is why I enjoy reading about it so much.

tsteinerid(gmail)

Na said...

Menages in books are new to me. I always like trying new things and I think reading a menage book will definitely broaden my take on relationships. Being it's all new to me I have no preference, all that matters to me is a great story with equally great characters.