Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sex or Sexy??


Good morning, everyone!!

Glad to be here for this day of chat, fun and sexy wants and loves - as a fairly new erotic romance writer I still feel as though I am finding my feet...or sexual prowess! There are so many of my fellow Wild Rose Press writers that I admire. Their writing skills are second to none, their ability to have me squirming in my seat when I read their stories even more so.

So how do we create stories which have that toe-curling appeal as well as giving the reader a great plot and characters? For me personally, it's all about tapping into the fantasy, the escapism we all hanker after a day with the kids or hard slog in the office. That is what erotic romance is all about, isn't it? That great story with the added extra of watching the characters let go of their inhibitions and just...BE!!

What do you think? Why do you read erotic romance? What's are the 'best bits' for you?

Explicitly English is available now!

Blurb:

Laura Markham needs to forget - just for awhile. Be someone else for change - live as her parents will never have the chance to. And for Laura, that means leaving the City for the English countryside and doing just what the hell she feels like…wherever she feels like doing it…

British stockbroker, Stephen Cambridge knows by going home to his country retreat two days early, he's likely to surprise his contracted interior designer. And when he finds out she's the woman who performed the solo masterbation show for him on the inward bound journey, Stephen will do anything to further convince her to miss the outward bound train and stay with him forever…

http://www.wilderroses.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=86&products_id=790


Rachel x



6 comments:

Stacie said...

Good morning! I do read erotic romance. Like any romance I like to read when the characters finally realize they are right for each other. Erotic romance uses sex to help them find each other. Other genres just go about it differently. I love the HEA no matter the genre.

User1123 AT Comcast DOT net

Rachel Leigh - Erotic Romance said...

Couldn't agree more, Stacie - that's how I struggle sometimes writing erotic romance. I know their story but they are focusing a little too much on their problems rather than enjoying each other.

I am writing a new story at the moment where I had to start it three times before I got the sensual level just right.

Enjoy the day!

R x

Na said...

I read all kinds of romances because of the stories. I like meeting characters and falling for them and being immersed into their world. Some of the best stories are those that make me forget my own. Whether spicy or sassy, every romance embraces love and that I enjoy reading about that.

Robin said...

I like to read about the slow build or arousal!

Robin D
robindpdx (at) yahoo (dot) com

Rachel Leigh - Erotic Romance said...

Thanks for stopping by Na & Robin! Great to meet you!
Nothing worries me more than not achieving the emotional & sexual satisfaction readers have the right to expect when they buy my books.

Best
R xx
Www.racheleigh.co.uk

Cathy M said...

It's escaping into the fantasy of a sexy story that can totally recharge me.


caity_mack at yahoo dot com