Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

~ Spending My Favorite Holiday in Las Vegas – Las Vegas: 2 ~


     Hi again! I’m continuing my day here with a post about one of my favorite holidays…Halloween & it’s especially neat here in Las Vegas…
     The air grows crisp and cool, but not so cold that I have to put my shorts away. (Switching over to jeans won’t happen until mid-November.) What trees there are around here start becoming covered in glorious colors. The stars and planets seem brighter in the night sky, while the harvest moon shines a brilliant orange. The smell of apple cider and burning wood and leaves permeates the air and calls of referees at football games can be heard in the distance.
     There’s a sense of magic surrounding this time of year as the nights grow longer. Could it be because we’re nearing the holiday season? Or is it because the veil between the corporeal and spirit worlds really does thin? Either way, this romantic horror/urban fantasy writer loves October–the sights, the smells, the cool after summer’s horrid heat and all the fun horror movies and ghost stories that abound on television and in the theaters. Plus Halloween is right around the corner. I love Samhain, the Wiccan New Year, my time for meditation and reflection. For some fun facts visit: http://www.chalicecentre.net/samhain.htm

     What make Halloween even more fun is going down to the strip and seeing people in their costumes. It makes for great people watching…get a beer, find a spot to sit and watch the masses all dressed up go by. Fun times in a beautiful season here in sin city. :)
Happy Reading,
C.R. Moss
An eccentric and eclectic writer, C.R. Moss pens stories for the mainstream and erotic markets, giving readers Worlds of Possibilities. Visit her site at: www.crmoss.net

6 comments:

booklover0226 said...

That was a fun post to read. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

books4me said...

Thanks for a great post! I love seeing kids dress up at Halloween.

books4me67 at ymail.com

Stacie said...

Halloween is my favorite holiday. I can imagine the wonderful costumes you all have access to. At least you won't freeze when you go to parties or taking the kids trick or treating like we do in Chicago.

user1123 AT comcast DOT net

Toni said...

I just love Halloween. I love visiting Vegas at Christmas, some those hotels do a fabulous job with the decorations. I never really thought about Vegas during Halloween. Oh My!! I bet it would be a blast!!

tsteinerid(gmail)

Na said...

I have never been to Las Vegas but I am looking forward to visiting one day. It seems like a city full of life and lights. I can only imagine what Halloween there is like there. Thanks to your post I have a better idea. I agree it's a time when the air feels magical especially with the holiday season just around the corner.

C.R. Moss said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by! Holidays are an interesting time around here. Christmas is great with all the decorations. Downtown puts a huge tree up and the garden in Bellagio gets done up in a holiday theme.
Don't forget to check out my other posts today:
http://wcguest.blogspot.com/2011/07/talking-about-my-fav-place-las-vegas-1.html
&
http://wcguest.blogspot.com/2011/07/fun-place-to-hang-out-in-las-vegas-3.html
The fourth one posts at 7:11 pm eastern time.
=)
C.