Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Unfinished Business by Lucy Felthouse

Unfinished business can be a terrible thing. It can drive you mad, thinking about what ifs and wondering what would have happened if you'd done things differently. Even the supernatural dislikes unfinished business... ghosts are reputed to hang around on this plane if they've still got something they need to do before moving on.

A piece of unfinished business that's nagging me just now is a story. I had an erotic paranormal romance published called BITE WITH HEIGHT not so long ago. When I originally wrote it, it was intended to be a short story, and that was that. However, it's no longer that simple. My main characters, Meg and Grace aren't happy. The ending to their tale is satisfactory but still left open, and there's so much more of their story to be told, and they won't let me forget about it. They keep flitting in and out of my head, shouting at me but I can't sit down and write more of their story until I've hit several other deadlines.

However, I do seem to have appeased them a little. I've booked my first ever official research trip, in October. Meg and Grace's tale is set in the beautiful city of Paris, and I've already outlined the next part of their story, but there's lots of research to be done before I can begin. But for now, at least, the girls are staying a little quieter because they know I'll get back to them very soon and let everyone know what happens next in their story.

Here's the blurb for BITE WITH HEIGHT:

When Meg spots a young woman alone in the Pigalle district of Paris at night, she’s intrigued. She has to know her story and find out why she looks so sad and alone. After introducing herself, Meg realizes that she and Grace have a lot in common. But when they decide to go and grab a drink together, they discover a mutual love that could bond them forever.

Buy BITE WITH HEIGHT from Noble Romance, Amazon UK, Amazon US, All Romance eBooks, and many more.

7 comments:

Stacie said...

I've only been to Paris once but I loved it. I think it is a great setting for your upcoming story.

User1123 AT comcast DOT net

Cathy M said...

Paris? Wouldn't mind a lot of research time there myself, I've never been


caity_mack at yahoo dot com

Rachel Randall said...

Paris always feels like unfinished business to me! I've been three times on short visits, and it's never been quite enough. My gf and I plan to go one long weekend in the winter, just to spend days at the Louvre and do nothing else! I like the idea of a city being a lifelong commitment to visit, one little bit at a time :)

(somewhat like that story that steals your brain)

I read Bite with Height and I think you really did capture that feeling of being overwhelmed by all that a city like Paris has to offer, and being dizzy with its possibilities. (wish I'd had a tourguide like Grace!)

readrachelrandall at gmail dot com

Lucy Felthouse said...

Thanks for your comments - totally agree that visiting Paris never seems like enough, there'll always be something else I want to see even as I tick things off my list. And if I end up writing a third book in the series, I might have to go to Paris again for MORE research! ;)

Na said...

I would love to visit Paris one day. For now I will have to experience it in books. Unfinished business will always nag at me but I realize sometimes it's better to let it sit and simmer before tackling it again. It's amazing how I can see things differently after I leave things alone for a bit.

Robin said...

Oh, I'd love to see Paris! Reading a story set in Paris is good too though!

Robin D
robindpdx (at) yahoo (dot) com

msmjb65 said...

What a great research trip. I've been to Paris twice and will definitely be going back at some point. On my next visit, I'd like to stay longer, so I don;t feel so rushed to see everything I want to see in 5 or 6 days. Have fun!

Mara
msmjb65 AT gmail DOT com