Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Character Interview: Emily Stone from Love Through Time


Thanks for coming back – glad I haven't scared you off yet! For this blog post, rather than me doing all the talking I'm going to interview Emily Stone, the main character in Love Through Time and let her dish the dirt!
Hi Emily. Thanks for agreeing to be interviewed. Firstly, could you tell us a little more about yourself?
Sure I can. My name is Emily Stone, I'm 33 and from England. I work as a book conservator and have done for several years. I just finished a mammoth project at a place called Westbury Hall – or Manor, depending on who you talk to – and am currently in a long-distance relationship with my new boyfriend, George.
A mammoth project, eh? Can you give us any details?
Oh yes, it's not a secret or anything. It was just a huge job because the library itself was massive and had an awful lot of books for me to take care of. I really love my work, but it sure was a big job. It took even longer than expected, too, because of the incident when I first started work.
Okay – you piqued our interest. What incident?
Well, it was not long after I started the project when some creepy things started happening in the library. I stayed calm for a while, but then completely freaked out. Luckily George, the security guard at Westbury – and now also my boyfriend – came to find me and calmed me down. We then got to the bottom of what was causing the ghostly occurrences. And it was a heartrending tale, let me tell you. But you'll have to read the book to find out the full story. I don't want to give anything away.
Fair enough. I guess the author wouldn't be too happy about that. So, what about George? How did that happen?
Well you know what they said – moments of high drama can draw people together. That's definitely what happened between George and I. Of course, I fancied him as soon as I set eyes on him but never thought anything would happen because my job takes me all over the country. But once we got to know each other we realised that as well as the spark in the bedroom *blushes,* we really like each other. It's a long distance thing at the moment, but we're figuring things out for the future.
So you're heading towards your happy ever then, huh? Sounds great! Will we be able to read more books about you in future?
I'm not sure, you'd have to ask my creator. I guess there are still some parts of the story about Westbury that could be told, and I'm hoping George and I will go on to have lots of fun together! So I guess never say never!
*****
Westbury Hall is a stately home with a fascinating past, and when book conservator Emily Stone starts uncovering it, she’s startled by what she finds . . . .
Emily arrives at Westbury Hall with a job to do. She’s to clean and conserve all of the books in their impressive library, preserving them for future generations. Not long into her stay at the house, she bumps into the night guard, George. She’d expected an old, balding guy with a comb over, so the hunky chap she actually meets is a very pleasant surprise. The introductions complete, George leaves Emily in peace to get on with her job. But when a falling photograph sets off a chain reaction of ghostly events, Emily and George are thrown together in order to find out who—or what—is causing them. Their investigation uncovers a tragic past, a lost love, and a stunning secret.
*****
Lucy is a graduate of the University of Derby, where she studied Creative Writing. During her first year, she was dared to write an erotic story - so she did. It went down a storm and she's never looked back. Lucy has had stories published by Cleis Press, Noble Romance, Ravenous Romance, Summerhouse Publishing, Sweetmeats Press and Xcite Books. She is also the editor of Uniform Behaviour and Seducing the Myth. Find out more at http://www.lucyfelthouse.co.uk. You can also find her on Facebook and Twitter.


Love Through Time is on Goodreads, so if your bank balance is already groaning under the weight of all the books you're buying – please add it to your to-read list! If you follow me on Twitter and/or Facebook, too, as well as checking out my website, you'll be able to find out about any giveaways I'm running.

Thanks so much for popping by to read my posts. Don't forget to leave comments in order to be in with the chance of winning the prizes being given away as part of the event. Also, pop by later for another character interview, as well as heading over to the Goddess Fish Blog where I'm sharing spooky excerpts and talking settings.



4 comments:

Na said...

Character interviews are my favorite to read as they give more insight into the characters and make them feel more real. Hi Emily! I like your unique occupation and don't come across many book conservator. I find your story interesting and am curious to see what secrets and lost love you'll uncover.

elaing8 said...

I love character interviews.Emily's story sounds really good.
elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

Debby said...

You can't scare us off. Character interviews are so neat. great job
debby236 at gmail dot com

carnation said...

Thank-you for the great post!

rina.carnation@gmail.com