Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

GUEST BLOG: JULIE TALBOT

Top Five Reasons I Write Werewolves


Hey, y’all!

This is my first time here at the Whipped Cream Guest Blog, and I was reading through some of the great authors’ blog posts here, trying to figure out what the heck to write about.

Finally, I just decided to go with simple. My name is Julia Talbot, and I write paranormals… Okay, really I write romance and erotic romance, and I write m/m, m/m/f and traditional romance. I’ve done historical, contemporary, a lot of spanking (woo, hot) and some romantic suspense.

I always come back to those paranormal romances, though. I blame it on the werewolves.

So, why do I write them? What is it about the guys who run under the moon that I love so much? They don’t sparkle, they don’t slink around in capes, and they don’t fly, so what’s the mystique?

5- The duality -- I love the idea of two creatures in one body. As a writer, there’s something absolutely fascinating about the conflict between man and wolf, between the civilized and primitive. Every thought, emotion and action is ruled by not one but two creatures.

4- The animal instinct -- Werewolves get to act outside of the norms of human society. They aren’t bound by the rules and regulations we hold ourselves to, because they have a whole different instinct to answer to. I love exploring the pack structure, which even a lone wolf carries with him (or her) instinctively.

3- The physical -- Werewolves can have crazy hair and eye color and no one cries foul! This gives me glee

2- The Alpha bits -- Who doesn’t love the growly, alpha male? Yeah, I know, some folks love the geeky boy or girl with glasses. So do I. They get to be the Betas in a werewolf story, and the chest-beating, howling at the moon Alpha gets to do bad, bad things to them… Yum.

1 – Biting -- I try not to be shallow. I really do. I can’t help it. I love biting.

I love the possessiveness of it. I love the heat and the desperation that drives one werewolf to bite another in the heat of passion. I love the instinctive fight back when a beta male or a female isn’t sure they want to be marked. I love it all.

So, now that you know why I write it, I hope you’ll check out some of my werewolf stories. My latest is a book called Cereus: The Building, out from Torquere Press. It’s m/m, and I share the spotlight with my fellow writers Sean Michael and BA Tortuga. It’s a fun, spanky read about a resort for all the things that go bump in the night. You can find it here: http://www.torquerebooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=97&products_id=3323

You can also find it on Amazon and All Romance Ebooks.

If you like m/m/f, check out my Changeling Press Series, Mystic U, which is all about a paranormal college! http://www.changelingpress.com/product.php?&upt=book&ubid=1248

Thanks for hanging out with me today, y’all! It’s been a blast.

XXOO

Julia

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Julia Talbot has been assimilated by Texas, where there is hot and cold running rodeo, cowboys, and smoked brisket. A full time author, Julia has been published by Torquere Press, Suspect Thoughts, Pretty Things Press, and Changeling Press. She can most often be found in coffee shops and restaurants, scribbling in her notebook and entertaining other diners with her mutterings. Find her on the web at www.juliatalbot.com

1 comment:

Debby said...

Werewolves have been my latest yen. I have been reading a lot of werewolf stores. Off to check out yours. debby236 at gmail dot com