By Louisa Bacio
The ultimate question around this time of year has to be: What are you wearing for Halloween? If you’re short on ideas, and want to attract, I’ve put together a list of some of the sexiest costumes.
Why is it that for many people Halloween offers the opportunity to shed one’s regular – and often boring – persona for one that’s open and unashamed? In no particular order, here’s a list of the top 10 costumes. Use your imagination if the wearer should be male or female.
1) French Maid – What adult novelty toy shop doesn’t sell a variation on the sexy maid. Think extremely short skirt, with the wearing bending over and frilly underwear underneath.
2) Pirate – Definitely don’t mean the grungy kind either. This voyager of the seven seas must be dapper (clean), and preferably with a chiseled chest that glistens under the sun.
3) Vampire – What’s your poison: Edward or Lestat? There’s nothing like the fantasy of the ultimate lover … for eternity.
4) Cleopatra – Nothing like a strong, sexy beautiful woman. That straight black hair and dazzling eyes … delicious. And what woman doesn’t like to accessorize with gold and jewels.
5) Cat – Whether it’s a cheetah, leopard or a witch’s black cat, if you’ve got the body for a stretch outfit … flaunt it.
6) The Sexy Scientist – Cathy Pegau, author of Rulebreaker.
“What’s better than a gal or guy with brains and a hot body beneath their lab coat? Knowledge of chemistry (to recognize when two people have it), physics (for understanding the laws of gravity and, ahem, leverage), and, of course, anatomy (’nuff said) are great reasons to investigate and experiment with your sexy scientist.”
7) Pin Up Girl or Leather Mistress – Of course, this choice comes from BDSM erotic writer Sascha Illyvich, who says, “The way the clothing draws the eyes to the parts of the body we want to guess at is arousing.”
8) Tara Lain, whose book Genetic Attraction includes a Halloween party scene, provided an excerpt to highlight a costume she considers uber-sexy. In this scene, the geneticist (ties in with Cathy’s sexy scientist above), Jake Martin, outs himself to the faculty by his costume—and fantastic companion.
As if she’d heard a call or caught a scent on the wind, she looked up. At first, she thought it was just a vision, some kind of mirage in this desert of humanity. Jake stood just inside the front door of the party room, his body covered in a golden breastplate over a toga, a helmet on top of the golden hair and a shield held before him. Oh my God -- Alexander. It had to be. Alexander the Great. Beside him, a vision so ethereal, so heart-stoppingly beautiful, it was hard to grasp. Hephaestion, the lover of Alexander -- Roan.
Light-headed, she thought she might pass out. Behind her she heard a gasp and then another, and the whispers began. Jake’s tall, powerful body gleamed, radiating energy and challenge. Beside him, Roan’s beautiful, lithe physique was draped in a toga almost as white as his skin. The nearly-black hair curled into ringlets, and his lushly lashed eyes glowed through the black eyeliner. A pure, blatant statement of liberty. Jake was dressed as the greatest of the Greek warriors, as famous for being bisexual as he was for being the conqueror of the known world, and Roan was the man he loved and according to legend was willing to give up the known world for. The gauntlet was thrown. This is who I am. Don’t like it? Tough.
9) Cowboy – We’re playing up to fantasies right? Oh, this cowboy must have tight jeans that are worn through in all of the right places. Stetson and boots, sans shirt again, a plus. For Zorro, throw in a black mask.
10) Fireman/Military – What woman doesn’t like an alpha male in a uniform, preferably rescuing the damsel in distress and taking her into his bed?
When this column runs, I’ll be at the GayRomLit Retreat in New Orleans. Me? Liking New Orleans … can you imagine? Anyway, tell me what you think is the sexiest costume, and you’ll be entered into winning one of the cute goody bags that I’m bringing with me to the Big Easy. Content include: Either Gummy Vampire or Werewolves; Chocolate coin, King Cake baby and Romance Trading Cards from my release The Vampire, The Witch & The Werewolf: A New Orleans Threesome.
The Vampire, the Witch & the Werewolf: Threesome in New Orleans
Haunted by paranormal abilities that she can’t control, and plagued by nightmares about a demon that seeks her soul, Lily Anima travels to New Orleans in search of salvation.
In the French Quarter, Lily dives into the paranormal world and enlists the help of an unlikely couple: a vampire, Lawrence Justice, and a werewolf, Trevor Pack.
As the trio encounters ghosts, voodoo and unspeakable evil, will Trevor and Lawrence be able to help Lily turn her powers into a gift rather than a curse? And when Lily discovers that she needs to lose her virginity in order to embrace her powers and get the demon off her back, will the twosome be able to survive as a threesome?
Stay tuned, coming soon from Ravenous Romance is the sequel Chains of Silver.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Louisa Bacio enjoys soaking up the sun in Southern California, and spending time with her family.
For more thrills, check out Bacio’s debut erotic thriller Sex University: Physical Education. Her story “Two’s Company” can be found in I Kissed a Girl: A Virgin Lesbian Anthology. For a short erotic paranormal tryst, “The Wait” can be found in Rekindled Fire: An Anthology of Reunited Lovers.
In addition to writing and editing, Bacio teaches college courses in English, journalism, film studies and popular culture.
Drop in for a visit at http://louisabacio.blogspot.com/