Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Halloween!


Hi there,

I’m Tabitha and I’m excited to join this Halloween party (it’s my first blog fest).

Since it’s all about the spooks, I thought I’d talk about why I chose to write a paranormal story when I am utterly terrified of ghostly tales...

The idea began with the image of a haunted book being found in a library at night. From there the whole story popped into my brain and I didn’t have a choice – it had to be written – and if that meant I was scared while writing it – then too bad!

I’m lucky really, because the ghost in Mia’s Books is actually very friendly who has a very nice way of haunting the main character, Mia.

It sounds as if I have no control over the plot or characters and in some ways that’s how it feels. For a while I need to get to know them - their habits and quirks, and when I do, we can work together to finish the tale.
I’m still baffled as to why I’m drawn to writing stories that frighten me, but I guess that’s why we’re all here at a spooky Halloween Blog Fest!

At least I know I’m not alone...

If you would like a chance of winning a copy of Mia’s Books, please leave a comment on any of my posts today and I’ll pick a winner. Thanks!

Join me on the interweb! 
To buy a copy of Mia's books or read an excerpt please go to...

Blurby bit
Ghost lover or mortal—can Mia have both?
Mia has a big problem. She is in love with two people, and one of them happens to be a ghost. After a late night seduction in a deserted library, Mia brings home a haunted book. The book contains a ghost which instructs her to seduce strangers on its behalf. Mia falls in love with one of her conquests and finds herself in a romantic tangle. Can she keep both her lovers, or will she have to choose?
Content Warning: graphic sexual content

5 comments:

Debby said...

I am not fond of being scared. I used to alone at night so much because my husband worked. I heard a lot of scary noises.
debby236 at gmail dot com

elaing8 said...

Mia’s Books sounds really good. Adding it to my TBR list.
elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

Lucy Felthouse said...

No need to enter me into the contest as I already read and *loved* Mia's Books, such a cool read!

I know what you mean about writing stuff that scares you though, I've been doing some of that myself just lately!

Tabitha Rayne said...

Thanks ladies, isn't it funny how we're drawn to things that scare us! Enjoy the rest of the fun x x

Na said...

The idea of a haunted book is believable because there thousands of books in a library and passes through even more hands. Who knows what spirits have come to haunt it!