Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Intro & Lovin' That Library


Hi everyone, I'm Lucy Felthouse, an erotica and erotic romance author, and I'm excited to be taking part in this great Haunting Halloween Blog Fest. My two latest releases, Love Through Time and Weekend at Wilderhope Manor are very different, but they both have ghostly elements, which makes it very fitting that I'm here!
Something else that the books have in common is that they both have scenes set in a library. I'm not talking the public kind either, where you're told to "shhhh!" Oh no; the majority of the action in both stories takes place in and around country houses, so they've got their own private libraries. And damn sexy libraries they are, too. Well, I'm sure book lovers would find them sexy, anyway. And since you're here, I'm guessing you're a fan of books and reading, so you'll probably understand and agree with a lot of what I'm about to say...

I go to a lot of country houses, or manors, or whatever you'd like to call them. I like to look around, see what's what and imagine what's happened in them in years gone by. But inevitably, my favourite rooms to explore are the libraries. I'm a life-long book lover, and although the subject matter in most of these libraries is far from the paranormal, chick-lit, erotica and horror-type tomes I stuff my own shelves with, I just adore the rooms. Although what gives them their charm is their olde-worldyness (I think I just made up a word there), part of me wants to strip the shelves down and create a library of my own books. Naturally, that's not an option, but a girl can dream, right?
Instead, I like to recreate the libraries in the fiction I write. I can do whatever I want then, can't I? Granted, I haven't yet gotten round to remodelling these beautiful libraries in my fiction yet, but I have set some very interesting scenes in them, some of which would probably shock the real-life house owners to the very core. But I won't tell if you don't ;)
Here's a snippet of the hot library action in my two latest releases.
Love Through Time is a m/f erotic romance with ghostly and historical elements. The main character, Emily, is a book conservator who's come to clean and conserve the books in Westbury Manor. She's working in the massive, gorgeous library when she accidentally knocks over a photograph. This sets off a chain reaction of events which results in Emily becoming tangled up in the history of Westbury Manor and unearthing some of its most haunting and heartbreaking secrets.
Weekend at Wilderhope Manor is a f/f erotica piece, also with ghostly elements. Stephanie and Jenny spend the weekend at Wilderhope Manor for the combined murder mystery and Halloween event. Lots of different happenings take place over the weekend, but the library scene is a particularly memorable one where the girls take advantage of the peace and quiet in the room and have a little sexy time on the sofa...

*****
Westbury Hall is a stately home with a fascinating past, and when book conservator Emily Stone starts uncovering it, she’s startled by what she finds . . . .
Emily arrives at Westbury Hall with a job to do. She’s to clean and conserve all of the books in their impressive library, preserving them for future generations. Not long into her stay at the house, she bumps into the night guard, George. She’d expected an old, balding guy with a comb over, so the hunky chap she actually meets is a very pleasant surprise. The introductions complete, George leaves Emily in peace to get on with her job. But when a falling photograph sets off a chain reaction of ghostly events, Emily and George are thrown together in order to find out who—or what—is causing them. Their investigation uncovers a tragic past, a lost love, and a stunning secret.
*****
When Stephanie and Jenny go to a Murder Mystery Halloween weekend at Wilderhope Manor, they’re expecting fun and games. But following creaky floorboards, spooky noises and an alarming encounter in the Manor’s grounds, the girls begin to wonder if there’s more to Wilderhope Manor than meets the eye. As they find frequent comfort in one another’s arms – and their bed – will the girls discover what’s causing the bumps in the night, or will they run scared?
*****


Lucy is a graduate of the University of Derby, where she studied Creative Writing. During her first year, she was dared to write an erotic story - so she did. It went down a storm and she's never looked back. Lucy has had stories published by Cleis Press, Noble Romance, Ravenous Romance, Summerhouse Publishing, Sweetmeats Press and Xcite Books. She is also the editor of Uniform Behaviour and Seducing the Myth. Find out more at http://www.lucyfelthouse.co.uk. You can also find her on Facebook and Twitter.

Both books are on Goodreads, so if your bank balance is already groaning under the weight of all the books you're buying – please add Love Through Time and Weekend at Wilderhope Manor to your to-read list! If you follow me on Twitter and/or Facebook, too, as well as checking out my website, you'll be able to find out about any giveaways I'm running.

Thanks so much for popping by to read my posts. Don't forget to leave comments in order to be in with the chance of winning the prizes being given away as part of the event. Also, pop by later for character interviews from both books I mentioned, as well as heading over to the Goddess Fish Blog where I'm sharing spooky excerpts and talking settings.



9 comments:

Na said...

I'm a book lover too and I love libraries especially those that are old-fashioned and the types available at mansions and manors in historic homes. This is a nice visual reminder of why I like them. Thank you for sharing a bit about your books :)

elaing8 said...

I already had Weekend at Wilderhope Manor on my wish list now I have another one of your books to add to it.

elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

Sarah M. said...

What a lovely photograph! I love libraries and the power they entail. It's one of the things that concerns me a bit about the transition to a digital format. I hope that physical libraries will still exist!

Now you have me wanting to check out the stories you excerpted here--adding them to the list!

Tabitha Rayne said...

Ahh, that library vibe... so seductive isn't it?

Jean P said...

It must be fascinating to tour old libraries, I would just want to sit for hours and enjoy the books and atmosphere.

Debby said...

I had a chance to visit the Book of Kells an the library attached. It would be perfect for a haunting.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Lucy Felthouse said...

It seems most of you love a good library! :)

There are plenty more photos where that came from, I took lots when I was getting ideas for stories. The photo is my favourite library I've visited so far in a country house, but of course there are lots more I want to visit! :)

Thanks for your comments, everyone! Keep 'em coming!

Stormy said...

There is something seductive and taboo about getting naughty in a library, even if it's not the public kind. I think it's because we are ingrained from K - 12 and college to respect the "library" so being a little dis-respectful heightens the sensuality of the moment! Thanks for sharing and I look forward to picking up both of the books you mentioned!

Kayelle Allen said...

Following you here from Romance Lives Forever... Happy Halloween!