Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Vampire in My Life & Halloween Give-A-Way

There’s always been one – a vampire in my life – in one form or another. 

When I was young it was Barnabas Collins from Dark Shadows.  The original.  I loved his brooding take on a creature generally depicted as evil.  I’m on pins and needles waiting for Barnabas as played by my favorite sexy actor, Johnny Depp.


Then there was the Vampire Lestat -- nuff' said.


When I was in college I was introduced to Angel in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  A vampire with a soul and in love with a slayer.  Angel wasn’t that unlike Barnabas – but much sexier!  Then along came Spike – a mixture with my other guilty pleasure, the bad boy.  I always wished the episode where Spike and Buffy got down and dirty in the crumbling house had been, well, more down and dirty.


I’ll admit (yes, out loud) there was Edward Cullen.  Another brooding, sexy blood sucker.  It didn’t matter that he didn’t feed off people – only that he was of the undead.


Most recently, there was Bill Compton.  Barnabas, Angel, and Edward in a different suit. 


And not to be out done by any of the above -- there's Eric Northman.  Shudder.  Bad boy with just enough heart to melt your heart and make you scream "Drink!"


These are just a few of the vampires I've loved in my life.

In movies and in books, I’ve always been obsessed with the erotic and forbidden creature.  That’s probably why he’s found his way into several of my books.   Since I started writing professionally, there is always a vampire somewhere in my head ready to have his story told.  

ROOM NUMBER TWELVE (from Breathless Press) is a m/m short story about two vampires who like to role-play – and watch out where they bite!


THE REGENT'S CAPTURE (from Dreamspinner Press) is my most recent release -- a m/m BDSM short story.


Have Stake, Will Travel (from Nobel Romance) is a novel about a dhampir vampire slayer who travels to a small island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean on a job – only to find herself having sex (and falling in love) with her enemy.


I’m sure there will be more vampires in my life – and in my stories.  After all, who can resist the pleasure that comes from a creature that could kill you with one bite, but instead chooses to love you?  Oh, there’s much more he can do – but I’ll leave that to your imagination!

In honor of Halloween, I’m giving away one copy of any of my vampire stories to one random commenter – your choice (be sure to leave your email address). 

Happy Halloween!

Rebecca Leigh is a straight-laced attorney by day who gets lost in erotic fantasies at night.  Those fantasies find her way into her steamy erotic romance.  Rebecca writes m/f, m/m, f/f, menage -- you name it she writes it!  To learn more about Rebecca, please visit her website or her blog.  She's also on Facebook, twitter, and Goodreads.   

9 comments:

Jean P said...

Liked all the blurbs for your books, they all sound like really great stories. Always was a big fan of Spike myself, now I look forward to True Blood and Eric Northman.

skpetal AT hotmail DOT com

elaing8 said...

I love Angel and Spike. I could never decide who I wanted Buffy with more.Now that I think of it,maybe they should have had a menage :)

elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

Na said...

I wish Buffy was still on. I loved that show. For one there was the strong heroine who I could totally relate to and then Angel, the ultra-cool but ultra-dead guy. Instant chemistry :) Since vampires are my favorite paranormal creatureI'm so glad there are so many stories about them.

Cambonified(at)yahoo(dot)com

Nancy G said...

You left out my two favorite vampires-Nicholas Knight from Forever Knight and Moonlight's Mick St. John. Now those two are enough to turn a girls head and lead them astray.

Rebecca Leigh said...

Mahalo for stopping by everyone!

Nancy -- oh you're right! Those two must be included!! I also left out Damon Salvatore of Vampire Diaries fame. He's a bad boy just waiting for the right woman to change him!

Jean -- Eric is like Spike for grownups! you must check him out!!

Elaing8 -- poo now that's a menage I'd love to see!!

Na, you and me both. Did you know that the story has continued in a series of graphic novels that started where the series ended? I've been wanting to buy them -- I'd love to see where the gang is now.

Verena said...

I wanna read all your books. I love vampire stories.

Rebecca Leigh said...

Thank you Verena! I'm glad you stopped by -- we need more vampire lovers!!

Kayelle Allen said...

Vamps are my absolute favorite to read. M/M vampire romance ... be still my heart!

kayelle.allen@yahoo.com

Louisa Bacio said...

Oh, baby. Coming in late! But I must like the bad boys ... Spike and Eric. Oh, yummy!

Great post!