Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Monday, November 21, 2011

Guest Blog: Rachel Cron

Where has all the tolerance gone?



I’m not a television watcher, my family enjoys it, I prefer to read, write or cruise the internet. On my internet perusals I have found that as much as society screams about tolerance, it’s getting harder to find. I understand that people have opinions and certain ways that they would like to live and raise their children, but they seem to forget that theirs is not the only opinion out there. They can’t seem to understand that if everyone felt the same way we would live in a very boring world.

If I’m offended by something than it is my problem.What happened to just not buying wares from a company that went against your morals or turning the television channel is you didn’t like the show? I’d vote for turning the television off all together.

We have total transparency in our household. We do not lie to our children. Sure they think Santa brings those presents at Christmas and that the Easter bunny decorates our yard for a fun filled hunt on Easter morning. We consider those‘things that make childhood fun’. When it comes to more important issues such as sex and drugs, we have total transparency. Explaining it in ways that are age appropriate and promote open discussions, I feel it’s important for my children to be educated about the facts and not afraid or judgmental of people or lifestyles that are different, or god forbid believe what their friends or other kids tell them. Our children are bombarded with things every day; I’m just thrilled that they come to my husband and me for clarity.

Our society is so diverse that we have to think for ourselves and there are always going to be people out there that are different than you. As long as they are not hurting anyone I don’t feel that’s it’s any of my business. I just remember the golden rule: Judging a person doesn’t define who they are, but it does define who you are.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
My name is Rachel Cron. I have lived in Fort Myers, Florida for over 30 years. I’m happily married and the mother of two. I’m also the grandmother of two. Growing up around English teachers and musicians, books and music have been a constant in my life. They have help shape me into the person I am today. My inspiration for my books stem from my life, the people I’ve met, the things I’ve done or the things I have weathered through. Pair that with an overactive imagination and…here we are. I’m a firm believer in family and laughter. Why are we here if we’re not enjoying ourselves?
linx: http://www.facebook.com/rachel.cron1
http://www.siren-bookstrand.com/
http://rachelcronauthor.blogspot.com/
rachelcron@rocketmail.com

Punk Rox Warrior
Siren Publishing
Contemporary Erotic Romance

Life is about to get interesting for Rainne.

Rainne Stanton is a young woman who lives by her own rules. She has her band, she has her little business, and now she has a stalker. Her world is turned upside down when her mother gets involved.

James Decker is competent, lethal and Rainne's new shadow. Hired by her mother to find and eliminate Rainne’s stalker, he never anticipated what was waiting for him.
Their passion was something neither one expected or welcomed.

Together, can they clear the haze of deception surrounding Rainne? As James begins to unravel the mystery that is Rainne herself, what he finds will forever change him in ways he never could have anticipated.
Note: this book contains anal sex

2 comments:

Debby said...

What a great post! I agree completely. Sometimes you should keep it all to yourself.

VampedChik said...

Thanks so much for sharing! I completely agree with you!
-Amber
goodblinknpark@yahoo.com