This post is part of the Virtual Book Tour for Soul Seduction, Lori Toland's latest release from Loose ID. Commenters on this blog, and the other tour stops, will be entered into a drawing for a $25 GC to either Amazon, AllRomanceEbooks or Loose Id. You can see the other stops on her tour here.
I wanted to do an extra special edition of Thursday Thirteen, because the last round was so well-loved. Well, ok, I liked it. But this one is actually all about my top favorites in all different categories.
So with no further ado, my thirteen things I can’t live without, must take along with me to a desert island. Well, some of these can’t go to a desert island… never mind. I’ll start now.
1. Favorite Movie: Shakespeare In Love. Fitting that this movie is about a writer. I love the realness of this movie, from the costumes, to the dirt to the ink always present on Shakespeare’s fingers. Plus she dresses like a boy and wins the heart of the man she loves. FTW!
2. Favorite Car: Any Porsche Sports car. Okay, so how did I end up with a Jaguar then? Wonders will never cease. But this stylish and sporty car speaks to my soul. Not to mention one of the hottest heroes of all time drives a Porsche in the Vampire Diaries books: Stefan Salvatore. FYI: Cayenne is NOT a Porsche… I’m just sayin’.
3. Favorite Book: Man of My Dreams. Okay, this was really hard because there are so many awesome authors I have fallen in love with over the years but I still have this ratty copy of this Johanna Lindsey novel because the tension is so white hot.
4. Favorite Video Game: Persona 4. This was so hard because I love most Atlus games (and so many more) but there was something in the characters that told me to find my true self (a theme in the game) so I chased my dream to become a writer. And here I am. *G*
5. Favorite Food: Japanese food. I love this food so much, I’ve learned how to cook several dishes from this style of cooking. One of my favorites is Katsu-don, which I had in San Francisco. It was so amazing, I almost made myself sick eating it in San Francisco. Which brings me to number 6.
6. Favorite City: San Francisco. I bet you’re surprised considering my latest novel Soul Seduction is set in Liverpool. Well Liverpool used to be my fave city until I went to San Francisco. From the cool culture to the fab food, this city had been high on weed for nearly 50 years and that results in everyone being friendly. Right on!
7. Favorite Author: Mary Calmes. Okay, I fell in love with Jin, her werepanther boy from the moment I met him. And then I read everything she ever wrote and I loved every single book. Which never happens to me. There is always one book that misses the mark, I felt ehh over. Not with Mary. I love it all.
8. Favorite Actor/Actress: Anne Hathaway. I see everything she is in and no matter what, she brings home a performance that has made her a well-loved actress. Not to mention, she is stunningly beautiful.
9. Favorite Dessert: Pinkberry. If you watch me on twitter, you know how much I love this delicious treat. One of the reasons San Francisco is so awesome? Pinkberry in the terminal past security! I go for pomegranate with dark chocolate shavings.
10. Favorite current TV Show: Beavis and Butthead. This one is really hard because I go through loving different shows but when this restarted, I almost threw up I laughed so hard. My favorite part: When my husband runs out of the room laughing because he can’t handle the LULZ!
11. Favorite Website: DYAC. Oh, you knew it was coming. I even have an app on iPhone for it. I think I fell in love with DYAC when I took my husband to the dentist and checked out the website for the first time. I laughed so hard, I was crying and the office staff came to rubberneck at me.
12: Favorite Animal: Cats. Duh. Enough said. I want to be a cat, but then I wouldn’t have thumbs and then I would be dependent on humans. So I’ll be a werecat instead! (See Mary Calmes up above. She gives me these weird thoughts.)
13: Favorite Time Of Year: I love Christmas time. It seems like there is so much going on and we are all running around going crazy, being driven crazy by the people we love. My mom’s birthday is the 23rd and after losing her to cancer, it’s the hardest day of the year. But I look forward to celebrating her life and love on her birthday.
I know what you are saying. (We did this last time.) “Isn’t your favorite game Assassin’s Creed?” “Don’t you love the Harry Potter series?” Sometimes 13 seems like such a small number to share the best things in life but right now, it just fits! I will see you all in 2012 with the release of my next novel! Until then, good night and good luck!
Ashlee Bennett has her priorities straight. Fighting demons is at the top of the list until she meets her sexy neighbor, Luke Byrne. Even though he is human, she can't stop dreaming about his buff body and sexy grin, until her dreams turn to nightmares.
Her world is turned upside down when Luke follows her one night but instead of being afraid, he is only more determined to stand beside her and fight. Ashlee knows she needs to keep her distance from Luke, not just to protect her virginity but her heart as well. But Luke may be the only one who can save her from the night, and her dreams.
About Lori: CEO by day, erotic romance writer by night, Lori Toland lives in Orlando where the summers are hot but the romance between her characters is even hotter. Writing since the tender age of 13, Lori somehow finds time to play video games and watch movies while taking care of her beloved cats and a husband who will forever be her hero.