Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Stuff Your Stocking Blogfest: AJ Jarrett

Life can be crazy and even more so this time of year. I have four small children and Christmas, without a doubt, is their favorite holiday. I took look forward to Christmas morning when they come down the stairs and see all the presents under the tree. These are times I cherish because I know in just a few short years that excitement will fade. As they get older their going to want to sleep in rather than get up to open gifts.

So in preparing for this my husband and I started simple family traditions so our kids have different things to look forward to throughout the month not just opening presents on Christmas morning. We take them to see the local Christmas lights display at the lake, cut down our own Christmas tree, and bake Christmas cookies for Santa. The third is something they all love and I think baking cookies will never get old for them.

Each year I make each child their very own ornament. I started doing this about five years ago because after baby number three came it was hard to find different themed "baby's first Christmas" ornaments. By no means am I an artist but I try. My kids have come to expect these ornaments every year. It takes time but it’s something they can keep forever unlike the toy they just had to have that gets broken a week later.

I’d also like to think when they're adults decorating their Christmas tree with their children they’ll think of when they were little. When they see the fragile round ornaments I made with my own two little hands, I hope a smile graces their lips as the rush of memories come back to them. Time goes by top quickly and before you know it today is yesterday and the future is now.

My life has definitely gone in a different direction in this past year. I decided I wanted to become a writer. It’ll be a year in January that I started this journey and it only seems like yesterday. Writing is a big part of my life and I’ve noticed I’ve let some things slip. When the muse hits you have to answer the call and my family has been very understanding of that. The gift of understanding is one they give me daily especially my husband. To have a wife who writes m/m erotic romance can be a little disconcerting for some but not him. He just pats me on the back and says he’s proud of me. Best gift I ever received was him coming into my life.

I truly wish everyone a safe and happy holiday season. And I hope on Christmas morning you wake with the people you love surrounding you and that "must have" gift under the tree!

About the Author: AJ Jarrett currently lives in the Midwest with her husband and four children. A lover of M/M romances she has started writing her own stories for others to enjoy. She is currently published through Silver Publishing and her first release Fate’s Second Chance is the first in the Twist of Fates series. When she is not chasing around her kids she can be found sitting on the couch with her trusted laptop giving life to the voices in her head.

Contact Links
http://ajjarrett29.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/AJJarrett29
http://www.facebook.com/ajjarrett29


Marie thought dying was the worst thing to happen to her, until informed she's always been a man's soul trapped in a woman's body. As Marc, he's got one shot to set things right--by finding love with his best friend and soul mate--with only a month to do it.

Marie Carter has never felt comfortable in her own body, and it took dying to find out why. Ross, her unlikely guardian angel, informs her that mistakes were made and he needs her help to save her fate, Ross's wings, and her best friend's heart.

Six month's after Marie's death, Marc arrives with one month to heal Sabrina's—his sister's—suffering, and win his soulmate, Shawn. If he fails, Sabrina will never know peace, Ross will be kicked out of heaven, and the love of his life will die from a broken heart. Will that be enough time to heal the wounds a lifetime in the wrong body has caused?

Leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for a $15 Amazon gift card.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi AJ! You are a new to me author, so glad to find you!
I know one of the traditions we started when the kids hit about age 4 or so was to buy a new Christmas themed movie and watch it on Christmas Eve day. Every year we made this a tradition, and now, 22 years later, we have more movies than we can possibly watch, but we spend the whole day watching those movies, and sipping egg nog, hot chocolate, snacking and just relaxing and enjoying the whole day together. And this year is special because my brand new daughter-in-law is looking forward to joining us as well!
Thank you for your generous giveaway, and I hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday season!

Gena Robertson
robertsogena@hotmail.com

Jean P said...

You have a wonderful tradition, nothing like having something homemade and from the heart.
Merry Christmas and hope you have a wonderful New Year.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Na said...

It sounds like you are making some wonderful memories and traditions for your family. The simple things are those I remember best. Wishing you a wonderful holiday.

Cambonified[at]yahoo[dot]com

Cathy M said...

I love your traditions. Though I don't create my own ornaments, I do give my boy's one every year that is about some accomplishment, graduating college, new job, new home. It's a memory tree for them.

Happy holidays

caity_mack at yahoo dot com

elaing8 said...

Thanks for sharing your families traditions.My niece,when she was young,made me a ornament every year for my tree. I still put them up.And when she sees them now she rolls her eyes at me and smiles..lol.

Happy Holidays!

elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

MomJane said...

Your story sounds fascinating and extremely different. i would love to read it.

I gave each of my children a new ornament each year. As they left home to start their own lives, they took the ornaments with them. They still have them and started the practice with their own children.

Debby said...

My youngest is now 19 and I miss those exciting days when they woke up and ran for the tree. What great memories.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Bookwyrm369 said...

What wonderful Xmas traditions! Thanks for sharing :-)

smaccall AT comcast.net

GladysMP said...

I, too, have made a lot of handmade Christmas ornaments as well as sofa pillows of a reindeer, candy cane, and gingerbread man. They are on our living room seats right now and the fans of cloth and lace that I made in the past are on the tree. I love handmade, original items.

June M. said...

Wow, that book sounds great. I love that it is saying that sometimes mistakes are made and people are born in the wrong body. Although I don't know anyone who feels this way, I know that some people do.

When my nieces & nephew were little, I would pick up a new ornament each year for them. Many of them were geared towards something that happened in their life that year (starting school, learning to read, learning to ride a bike, etc).

Have a wonderful Christmas & New Year!
June M.
manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com

desitheblonde said...

hi wow your book soud great and hope you will have many more this coming year and have great holdiay
desithe blodne2msn.com

Judith said...

That is such a lovely tradition.
I collect baubles from my travels and it is lovely to remember where they are from as I hang them.
judithhulleyathotmaildotcom

shadow_kohler said...

Such wonderful traditions. Your book sounds great! Thanks for sharing!
shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

VampedChik said...

Great tradition. Thanks so much! happy holidays!
-Amber
goodblinknpark@yahoo.com

PaParanormalFan said...

What a wonderful Christmas Tradition AJ, thank you for sharing it with Us.
You Book, "fate's Second Chance" sounds like a Great Read AJ & I will definitely be picking your book up. You are a new Author for me but I will be looking forward to others books released by you in the coming year.
I would very much appreciate being entereded into your contest for the drawing for a $15 Amazon gift card.
Take Care & Happy Holidays,
Renee' S.
paranormalromancefan@yahoo.com

Maureen said...

It's great that you are organized enough to raise four small children and find the time to write. Good luck with your writing and Merry Christmas!
mce1011 AT aol DOT com

flchen1 said...

Wow, AJ--you sure juggle a lot of different hats :) Glad you're able to write and parent and all the other roles you play! Thanks for sharing some of your Christmas traditions--hope your celebrating was merry and memorable this year!

f dot chen at comcast dot net

AJ said...

I just want to thank everyone for participating in the blogfest. I have picked a winner and it was done completely at random. I actually wrote everyone's name down and put them in a hat and drew a name so that it was fair.

The winner is PaParanormalFan. I have sent you an email and once I hear back from you I will send out your gift card through email from Amazon.

Thanks to everyone for sharing and stopping by especially this time of year.