Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Friday, December 30, 2011

Stuff Your Stocking Blogfest: Lucy Felthouse

Books, Kindles and People Watching


When I heard about the 'Stuff Your Stockings With Books' event, I knew exactly what I wanted to blog about. Books, of course! And what could be more fitting? A book lover chatting to a bunch of other lovely book lovers.

So, it's holiday season. And what does that mean? Aside from the religious elements, and the spending time with family, of course. It means there are lots of new books floating around and for me, plenty of time to read them! This Christmas I'll be abroad on holiday, back just in time for New Year, which is when I'll catch up with my family. So being away means I get to spend some quality time with my Kindle. The laptop is staying at home, so no work for me. Just lots and lots of reading... and probably some writing, or at least scribbling down of ideas. Well, you can't expect a writer to go anywhere without a notebook, can you?

As much as I love reading, I'll have to do something else while I'm away, though. No problem! Something else I love doing, regardless of the time of year or where I am, is people watching. And what better a place to people watch than a foreign country where many people behave differently because nobody knows them. Add in some alcohol and festive cheer and you have a recipe for some very interesting sights. Not only will that be thoroughly entertaining, but you never know when creative inspiration will strike.

And voila! We've come full circle. From reading books to taking a break and people watching, there's a damn good chance that said people watching will end up in one of my books. Not ad verbatim of course, because that could potentially be very dull. But such is the life of a writer... nothing is safe! Inspiration comes from everywhere, and hopefully lots of writers (including myself) will find some excellent inspiration this holiday season, which may well give you some fabulous books to read next holiday season.

And what more could any book lover ask for, but more books?! Happy Holidays!

*****


Lucy is a graduate of the University of Derby, where she studied Creative Writing. During her first year, she was dared to write an erotic story - so she did. It went down a storm and she's never looked back. Lucy has had stories published by Cleis Press, Constable and Robinson, Noble Romance, Ravenous Romance, Summerhouse Publishing, Sweetmeats Press and Xcite Books. She is also the editor of Uniform Behaviour and Seducing the Myth. Find out more at http://www.lucyfelthouse.co.uk. You can also find her on Facebook and Twitter.

*****

COMMENT TO WIN!

Will a weekend in a luxury hotel make Annette’s deepest fantasies come true?

When Jed and Annette spend a weekend in a luxury hotel, they’re planning to take full advantage of the hot tub and large bed – preferably with a third party. Annette’s never been with another woman before, but she’s eager to experience some Sapphic delight. When the couple meets waitress Tamara at the restaurant they’re lunching at, they agree she’s perfect in many ways; but is she on the menu?

Excerpt & buy links: http://lucyfelthouse.co.uk/published-works/a-menu-with-a-difference/

Want to stuff your stockings with some hot threesome action that was indeed inspired by my people watching habits? Then look no further! Just leave a comment on this post with your email address telling me why you'd like to win, and you could be in with a chance of winning a PDF copy of A Menu with a Difference. Good luck!

17 comments:

flchen1 said...

How fun, Lucy! I do think people watching is quite fun, and I probably have a bit of the voyeur because the thought of watching others is kind of hot (though I'm not sure I feel quite the same about being watched--performance anxiety, you know ;0)

I'm certainly glad YOUR people watching inspires your stories because those are fabulous to read! Wishing you a joyful new year with lots of inspiration! And books! ;)

f dot chen at comcast dot net

Mary Keith - Keith Publications, LLC said...

I love to people watch. I like to use bits in my stories and people sooo inspire stories. I can't wait to get out my pen and paper or tablet. Threesomes are fun to read and I bet this one is great.
Happy New Year
Mary Keith
Keith Publications
keithpublications@cox.net

DiDi said...

Great Post!!! The book looks really interesting!
Happy New Year!

bookworm54 said...

I love to read this story but i don't have a Kindle or e-book! It sounds interseting and your a new author which i love to find. I love to watch people, especially at the beach or at the airport, met some inteseting people at both places. Happy New Year!

bookworm54 said...

I do know how to spell, interesting, and sounds like a hot book to read! love to win this book!

Victoria Blisse said...

I love to people watch...did you ever watch watching? That was a brilliant comedy...anyway, people watching gives me great ideas too. I hope your holiday break proved inspiring!

I've also had the luxury of being able to read myself too and I lurrrrve my new Kindle!

Melissa said...

I would love to win this book!!!This sounds like just exactly what I love to read!! It sounds amazing

melissalamb@musfiber.com

Debby said...

Hey, I have a new Nook and it could use some books. Christmas is great for that.
debby236 at gmail dot com

elaing8 said...

Great post.
I would love to read this book.I have had my eye on it since I first read about it.I've been reading a lot of f/f-m/f/f books lately.

Happy New Year!!
elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

Mai said...

Love to people watch also. Have a great vacay Lucy.

Happy New Year!!

maiwilliams08@gmail.com

VampedChik said...

I'm also a big people watcher! Thanks so much for sharing!
-Amber
goodblinknpark@yahoo.com

shadow_kohler said...

It can be quite fun to people watch, especially if the people dont know your watching them. The things theyll do...pick there nose, scratch in places, pick out a wedgy...the list goes on. lol Your book sounds so good! I cant wait to read it. After sampling a few of your books, i cant wait for more! Thanks for sharing! Happy new year!
shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

June M. said...

I do like to watch people. Unfortunately, I am not good at making up stories for what they are doing. It is amazing some of the tings you will see though just sitting and watching people. People are funny and in some cases scary or gross!
manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com

Lucy Felthouse said...

Thanks to everyone for your comments - I really appreciate you stopping by!

I used random.org to draw a winner.... Mai!

Congratulations to Mai, I'll send you an email now with your prize.

Thanks to everyone for entering, and I wish you a very Happy New Year!

Lucy x

Mai said...

Thank you Lucy, can't wait to read it! Happy New Year!!

PaParanormalFan said...

Hello Lucy,
I'm not a well-traveled person, but my Husband & I Love to people watch, we think it's alot of fun. It may seem silly, but I think a fun place to watch people is the Shopping Mall, just to sit & watch people go by & see how they interact with each other, we find it quite amusing.
I really like the Cover Art for "A Menu with a Difference", it very Sexy! I would very much like to read about Annette's deepest fantasies in a chance of winning a PDF copy of "A Menu with a Difference".
Take Care & Happy New Year,
Renee' S.
paranormalromancefan@yahoo.com

Sushil Silicon said...

Most speed dating events include short 'dates' where one speed dating participant will meet with another for a face-to-face conversation about whatever they choose.

dating services in nj