Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Stuff Your Stocking Blogfest: Paul Martin

It has been a long time coming, but I am so happy to be here as an author and not as a fan. I can’t think of anyplace other than Whipped Cream to share my thoughts on Christmas, my favorite time of year. For my Christmas present to you, I’ll be giving away a random copy of my holiday release, A Present for Santa from Secret Cravings Publishing, to one commenter.

Everyone has their own preferences about Christmas. Whether it is Gene Autry singing Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer on the radio, Bing Cosby in White Christmas on TV, or shopping for the right present for Aunt Agatha, it holds a special meaning to you. For me, it’s not Christmas until Ralphy gets his Red Rider BB gun.

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus, and no matter how old I get on the outside, when Christmas rolls around, I become a little boy again anxiously awaiting the big man’s arrival. Decorating the tree, setting up the train and miniature village, and reveling in the tantalizing aromas coming from the kitchen bring back lots of fond memories of Christmas’ past.

This year, he came a bit early. My girlfriend, who lives out of state, sent me a big box full of goodies. As that little boy, I find myself shaking and examining those carefully wrapped presents to find out what is inside. I think one is shirts, which is good, because she has great taste in clothes. She has me baffled on the rest. She knows how I am and has become very crafty in wrapping them.

She, on the other hand is extremely difficult to buy for. “I have everything I want,” she tells me. As she will be reading this blog, I’m not going to tell you what I sent her, but I know it is something she doesn’t have and will love. The only clue I will give is, I made it myself. What are some of your favorite memories? While you reminisce, here's a blurb about A Present for Santa.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Paul Martin

In the mistaken belief the man in the red suit is her boyfriend; Holly Bush proceeds to give him a Christmas present he will never forget. Kris Kringle, embarrassed at being caught delivering a present, is awed at what the nearly naked woman who caught him does next.

10 comments:

Debby said...

I love remembering my Christmas with my grandparents. They always tried to make it so special.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Mountain Laurel said...

Some of my best memories are of my kids when they were small getting so excited about opening their presents...they are grown now...so miss those days!

Jean P said...

I have happy memories of when I was a child and my mother used to go to great lengths to make sure I couldn't guess what my presents were.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

elaing8 said...

I loved watching old Christmas movies with my dad.my siblings didn't like the older ones so it would always be me and my dad.it isn't Christmas until I watch White Christmas,A Christmas Carol and a Christmas Story.

elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

Andrea I said...

I remember Christmas when our children were young. They couldn't wait to wake us up so we could start opening the presents.

ainfinger@comcastDOTnet

shadow_kohler said...

I adore our christmases. In the past, we'd open presents. One of my favorite christmases was when i saved up money from my first job and i was able to buy my parents gifts. I was so excited. We opened presents and spent the rest of the day watching christmas movies and eating snacks. lol Thanks for sharing! Happy holidays!
shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

GladysMP said...

I think it is nice that you made the gift for your girlfriend. Self-made gifts give the recipient a piece of the giver. And, you are right, she will not get another gift like it.

Happy New Year to you!

Dragon Momma said...

One favorite gift I got as a kid was a box filled with little doo dads from my brother. Hair stuff, Barbie clothes, plastic rings and such. Just a bunch of considered cheap junk, but he took the time and picked it all out. I think I was 7. That was the same year I got my black gogo boots!!

Stacy Wilson

dragn_lady at yahoo dot com

June M. said...

My favorite memories are just those of my loved ones at the holidays. It is great that you made your girlfriend a present. I think making a gift is great because it takes time & thought from the giver. Have a wonderful & safe New Year.
manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com

flchen1 said...

How fabulous, Paul! I think the best gifts are the ones when you give of yourself! Hoping your celebrating this year's been merry and memorable, and best wishes for a fabulous new year!

f dot chen at comcast dot net