Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Monday, December 19, 2011

Stuff Your Stocking Blogfest: Tina Gayle

Food, Food, and More Food


The holiday is the season of cookies, cakes, candies, and special treats.

I've tried in the past to avoid them so that I won't gain weight. Oh, the SCALE, the wicked device hates me. So we agree to avoid each other during the holidays. Makes me happier, and well, the scale doesn't have to hear me scream when I step near it.

But so that I don't forget what will be facing me in the New Year, I follow a few simple rules.

Don't make anything sweet unless you can share. (Yeah, they call it the season of giving.) Well, if I'm going to make fudge (the quick recipe on the sweet condense milk can) then I make sure I have someone to help me eat it.

And if it is someone who is leaving the house say after a party. I have them take home the extras. I indulged during the party so that I don't feel as if I've miss out but I don't have to wolf down the leftovers.

Also, if I'm alone, and no one is coming over, and I need, need, need that divinity fix. I make half a batch or make up small boxes to share with friends.

As you can see I'm not good at depriving myself of the special holiday treats, but I try to share the wealth and have my friends and family grow fat with me.

Yeah, I'll need workout partners in January.

Hope you have a great Holiday Season and here's to seeing you at the gym in the New Year.

Tina Gayle
http://www.tinagayle.net/
http://www.tinagayle.blogspot.com/
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Tina+Gayle

Tina will be giving away an ebook copy of Pregnancy Plan to one lucky commenter! Please make sure to include your email with your comment.

13 comments:

Jean P said...

My husband was saying today, we had to get back into our workout regime again, I am hoping to postpone it for a few more days!
Happy Holidays!

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Tina Gayle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina Gayle said...

Hi Jean P.
I know what you mean about getting back to it. I'm hoping to put it off until after the first of the year but I am watching the sweets.

booklover0226 said...

Yeah, I pawn off the extras on to my guests, too! LOL

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

Cathy M said...

Sweets at Christmas is a tradition I just enjoy. No calories are counted until next year, lol.

Cathy m
caity_mack at yahoo.com

Debby said...

Hope you have a great Holiday season as well. Not so sure about the gym
debby236 at gmail dot com

shadow_kohler said...

lol sweets here are in abundance! at least im not eating them alone. i have a whole family here helping! lol happy holidays! your books sounds great!
shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

Tina Gayle said...

Pawn goods off on your guest is a great way to share the holiday season - booklover0226 - you are an exceptional hostess.

Cathy M. - I don't count the calories until the new year either.

Debby - some times I think I'm allegic to the gym - I mean I sweat and feel faint - it must be making me sick.

shadow_kohler - you are very lucky it is wonderful to share sweets with your family. I personally enjoy watching my family eat
might be some of the reason I love to cook.

Thanks you ladies for leaving a comment. Have a wonderful holiday.

Judith said...

I like your plan and that you are sticking to it.
The little treats soon add up and so sharing the love and the calories makes perfect sense.
I love the sound of Pregnancy Plan & it has great reviews. CONGRATS.
Happy Holidays.
judithhulleyathotmaildotcom

VampedChik said...

I love this time of year and despise it at the same time! All the delicious cookies but my waistline totally doesnt agree! LOL sounds like a great book! Thanks so much!
-Amber
goodblinknpark@yahoo.com

Tina Gayle said...

Merry Christmas everyone,

Judith and Amber thanks for the nice comments about my book.

GladysMP said...

I used to make baked treats a lot, but them my husband was dianosed with diabetes and I bake less. But during the holidays friends are always gifting us with various sweets and I end up eating them. I try sharing them, but usually my friends have more than they can eat themselves at this time a year. It is a problem.

Happy New Year!

Frank said...

Oh, Tina, I feel your pain! I have a huge sweet tooth and am hard pressed to resist any treats year round, much less around the holidays! DH dragged all of us out yesterday afternoon for a walk/run, and *gasp!* I had to fortify myself afterwards with some cookies ;p Glad you're sharing with friends--we try to do some of that, but they have a tendency to share back in return ;)

--flchen1 using DH's account
f dot chen at comcast dot net