Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Stuff Your Stocking Blogfest: Wendi Zwaduk

Christmas Is the Time to Come Together


I wasn’t sure what to write about when I set out to pen this post. There’s so much that can be said about Christmas and Winter and the fun of the holiday season. So much that it can get a little overwhelming. I continued to stare out the window and listen to the dog breathe way too loudly but rhythmically. She’s a basset hound, so I expect it, but that’s my life – a noisy dog. But the idea came to me, not to write about a noisy dog, but about my favorite Christmas/Holiday tune.

I used to dislike Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree when I was a kid. Don’t rightfully know why other than my mother disliked it and voiced her opinion quite loudly. The tune has grown on me since I was a kid. I enjoy it much more now. Plus, if I can con the youngling to sing it with me, we can drive Gramma right up the wall. Plus, it’s a great tune with a fun beat. Who doesn’t want to party around the Christmas tree? Whole dirty books are written about doing a lot more than rocking UNDER the tree.

Another one I like which is on the total other end of the holiday music spectrum is Josh Groban singing O Holy Night. Now being an erotic romance author, I love when something gives me the happy shivers. There is something about his voice, and he’s also very easy on the eyes, that just runs up and down my spine. I hadn’t heard him sing this song until a couple years ago. My friend mentioned that it was her favorite version of that song. I can see why. Happy shivers to you!

Now my all-time favorite Christmas song, and I’ve embedded it for you – sorry, I didn’t take the video, but it is a little wobbly – is Gary Allan singing the old Eagles song, Please Come Home For Christmas.



Now you might wonder why this is my favorite of all time. If you listen, he’s got a very scratchy voice. To me, it’s like sheer velvet. But there’s something about the way he sings this song. I feel the longing and the disappointment. I want to make him feel better. And again, as an erotic romance author, I’d like to write his story (or lick him, but that’s a whole ‘nother post.) I feel the emotions in the story and feel for him. Its sex, desire and raw need all rolled into a slightly scruffy, rough around the edges man. If I was away from the one I loved on Christmas, I’d like to think my plea would sound like he sings it.

So what are your favorite Christmas ditties? Fun? Sexy? Silly? Classic? Tell me about it. I’d love to know. And, if you’re looking for something steamy this winter—it comes out in January--to read here’s a little more about my upcoming release, Someone Like You:

She’s the one he wants, he just doesn’t know it yet.

Arran Mayes. Confirmed bachelor. Loves a good bottle of wine, hearty conversation and men. Determined to open his own pizzeria, he’s not looking for love or a woman.

Then he sees her. Can a confirmed tomcat bachelor settle down in the arms of a good woman?

Mindy Dawson. She’s not interested in relationships or dating. She’s been through the wringer more times than she can count. College is for a BA not an MRS degree.

Until she sees him. Is she enough woman to tame Arran’s ways? Or will their love affair burn out before it gets started?

This story contains lovers who didn’t know they connected, finding their mutual satisfaction with anal sex and a few toys for fun.


Available at: http://www.total-e-bound.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=&P_ID=1513/


~ ~

Want to know more about me? Here you go!
I always dreamed of writing the stories in my head. Tall, dark, and handsome heroes are my favorites, as long as he has an independent woman keeping him in line. I tend to write books with titles taken from songs because music is one of my many muses.

I earned a BA in education at Kent State university and as well as a Masters in Education from Nova Southeastern University. I've tried my hand at teaching, waitressing, and retail sales, but writing holds my heart.

I love NASCAR, romance, books in general, Ohio farmland, dirt racing, and my menagerie of animals. I books under contract with Total-E-Bound, Liquid Silver Books, and the Wild Rose Press. But then again, I've got more stories percolating than my brain can handle. I can't wait to share them with you! I also write as Megan Slayer...because its fun!

Here are my links!

http://ww.wendizwaduk.com/
http://wendizwaduk.blogspot.com/
http://liquidsilverbooks.com/
http://total-e-bound.com/
http://thewildrosepress.com/

Wendi will be giving away a $5 GC to Total-E-Bound to someone who comments on this post. Make sure you let her know your thoughts and you're entered to win!

15 comments:

Kaye Manro said...

Hi Wendi! I just had to stop by and say Hi! Yeah, when it comes to traditional Christmas music, I love Josh's O Holy Night, too.

Your upcoming release sounds yummy!

I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas.

elaing8 said...

I love Josh Groban too.He has such an awesome voice.

My all time favorite is White Christmas by Bing Crosby. I think its because when I was little my dad and I would watch Holiday Inn together.And he sang it in that movie.Its also one of my favorite holiday movies.

for a fun song-I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas.It got really huge a few years ago. But was recorded in the 50's, I think.

Happy Holidays!
elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

Jean P said...

My favorite Christmas song is Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer, I realize it can offend some people, but I think it is hilarious.

Happy Holidays

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Cathy M said...

Great video, Wendi, and a new artist to check out. I adore Josh Groban's Christmas songs. Ave Marie is another one that gives me chills.

caity_mack at yahoo dot com

Debby said...

I enjoyed the video. There are some great Christmas songs. There are also some strange ones. There is one called Dominic the Christmas Donkey.
debby236 at gmail dot com

wanda f said...

I am a huge music lover I enjoy both the classics like Silent Night though I tend to prefer the more upbeat and or silly I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas .Two of my most favorites are Snoopy's Christmas by the Royal Guardsmen and Merry Christmas From The Family by Robert Earl Keene.
flanagan@mebtel.net

GladysMP said...

I love the humor of "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer." But for a more traditional song, I love Bing Crosby singing "White Christmas."

June M. said...

Although I love a lot of different Christmas songs, my favorites are the ones geared more to children (Frosty the Snowman, The Chipmunks Christmas Song, Rudolph, etc)
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas holiday!
June M.
manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com

Nancy G said...

There are so many wonderful Christmas songs to choose from. I love Josh Groban, but my favorite song of all time (even though it is just a new version) is Silent Night as performed by Celtic Thunder-six male voice, a capella, in Irish and English. Such a beautiful sense of peace about it.

nancyg5997@ gmail dot com

desitheblonde said...

well we have friend that sing grandma got ran over by reindeer and then when my grandfather gave my grandmother some moonshine and she was so funny and they sang that song
desitheblonde2msn.com

shadow_kohler said...

music is a huge part of christmas for me. it keeps the holiday spirit going. ;) i adore the song white christmas. thanks for sharing! happy holidays!
shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

VampedChik said...

I've always loved Silent Night. And the Liz Phair Wheat(?) version of Baby it's cold outside. Thanks! Happy Holidays!
-Amber
goodblinknpark@yahoo.com

PaParanormalFan said...

Hello Wendi,
I love the playing Christmas Music in our Home, it just puts me in the spirit of the season....BUT NOT to early, like they do at the Malls, heck they even play Christmas Music before Thanksgiving, wayyyyyy to early.
My Favorite Song is not really a tradition Christmas song, but it is only played at Christmas time, I love "Baby It's Cold Outside", I just Lov that Duet.
I would very much appreicate if I could be entered into your contest for $5 GC to Total-E-Bound.
Take Care & Happy Holidays,
Renee' S.
paranormalromancefan@yahoo.com

flchen1 said...

How fun, Wendi! I think I have a few favorite Christmas songs, too--depending a little on the mood, you know :) Little Drummer Boy and O Holy Night are two of my favorites, and Harry Connick Jr does lovely versions of both on his When My Heart Finds Christmas album.

Hoping your celebrating's been merry and memorable this season!

f dot chen at comcast dot net

Wendi Zwaduk said...

Who won?

Renee S -
paranormalromancefan@yahoo.com

Congrats!!!

I'll email you to let you know you've won. Thanks to everyone who commented and hope you've had a great holiday!