Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Friday, March 23, 2012

GUEST BLOG: KELLY GENDRON

Hello! My name is Kelly Gendron, a debut author and as a newbie, I'm still getting used to people looking at me with surprised eyes when they hear that I write Erotic Romance. When I first started writing, I planned to write romances with sweet kisses and soft words. But as my stories came to life, I quickly realized that I was definitely meant to be an Erotic Romance writer. No matter what I did, my men, those bad boys all grown, refused to be tamed. Once I accepted my fate, the possibilities of what my men could do, and what they could get away with, became riveting. I am forever in search of that ultimate alpha male, that dominant stud with a body that makes you want to drop to your knees. And, Tantum Maddox, the all grown up bad boy in my first book, he was the perfect start in my relentless search.


Be careful what you write... this advice was given to me when I wrote my second book that introduces the misbehaving, all grown up bad boy, Jed Kane.


See, I have a confidante—my go-to-gal—who I like to run my stories by before I crack open the laptop and put those characters that are in my head (keeping me up all night) into their imaginary rightful place. But when I told my confidante about The Forbidden Claim, her face scrunched up, she winced, and said, “Ow... You better be careful; writing about human trafficking is difficult, and it can be even more dangerous when it’s in a romance novel!”


I thought about what she’d said and I agreed. But after hearing ‘difficult’ and ‘dangerous’, the writer in me was definitely up for the challenge. Besides, human trafficking may be a touchy subject but it certainly exists. I felt strongly the story needed to be told, and with characters like Jinx Collins and Jed Kane the story was told in a way that ended up working. Well... at least the jury is out for my ‘go-to-gal’ and Red Sage Publishing. Check out The Forbidden Claim and let me know what you think? Thanks for joining me today, and thank you, Long and Short Reviews, for inviting me to be a guest blogger on your site!


Leave a comment to be entered into a drawing for a free copy of The Forbidden Claim.


Ownership of another human being is forbidden. No one knows this better then Jed Kane. He’s worked undercover in the Human Trafficking ring for years. So what is Jed to do when he’s overcome by a disobedient desire to possess and stake an irrefutable claim upon the carefree and risky Jinx Collins?
About the Author:
Kelly has been faithfully writing for three years but did write her first book ten years ago. She put it down to raise her son as a single mom and then picked it back up when she finally found her "just right" guy. That's when she settled into her new life and started to seriously write again. She's dabbled with paranormal stories, but recently she's been on a Romantic Suspense kick. The recipe for the men in her stories: dark and mysterious, strong and confident and, of course, besides magnificent bodies, and shameless aptitudes, they must have a heart you want to rip out of the pages (or your e-Reader) and take to bed with you at night.

Website: www.kellygendron.com
Blog: http://kellygendron.com/blog/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/KelGendron


Photobucket

4 comments:

Pgnangel said...

Such a tempting story line. I'm glad you decided to rise to the challenge. I look forward to reading it.

Debby said...

Great post. I enjoyed reading it. Sounds like you have men trouble!

Debby236 at gmail dot com

RoyalCheryl said...

Hi Kelly, I stopped by from the TRR post you put up today. The Cover of your book is so Hot. I love the Tattoo on his back. The book sounds Wonderful. Thanks for the chance.

books4me said...

Sounds like you did a good job with the touchy subject. Has your "go-to-gal" read the book and seen what a good job you've done?

books4me67 at ymail dot com