Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

GUEST BLOG: LOUISA KELLEY



This post is part of a Virtual Book Tour scheduled by Goddess Fish Promotions. One lucky commenter will win a $25 Amazon GC. Click on the banner above to see her other stops on the tour. Remember, the more you comment the better your chances.


Ten Things You Wouldn’t Guess About Me

Or…How Louisa Kelley tries to live up to the bumper sticker: “Keep Portland Weird”


1. I’ve been a vegetarian all of my adult life.


2. I am obsessed with dragons (okay maybe you guessed that one).


3. I wake up at 5am every morning. Mostly without an alarm clock.


4. I dance to music in the house and can be found prancing about in my socks from one end of the house to the other.


5. I am a romance junkie and movies and books must have a happily-ever-after. Or I’m bummed. And maybe pissed.


6. I fast forward DVD’s and recorded shows any time I get bored, which means I frequently watch only half of a show. Or less. (Surprising how little that matters to the plot as far as television goes).


7. I’m a professional Office Manager by day and an erotic romance writer by night. And weekend. It’s like having a secret identity, kind of cool.


8. I can’t stand mushrooms. I know, a vegetarian who doesn’t like mushrooms- weird, right?


9. My favorite season is summer. Especially since I moved to Portland where it rains like nine months of the year.


10. Paranormal creatures actually live in Portland. They’ve been talking to me and insisting I tell their stories. See, what did I tell you? Doing my best to keep Portland weird.


About the Author:
Romance and science fiction took hold of Louisa Kelley at age nine, when she read Little Women and the Narnia series. She is convinced that the genre paranormal romance, which developed years later, was purely for her benefit. After all, it’s what’s been in her heart all these years. She resides in Portland Oregon where, in a strangely perfect combination of rainy winters and urban skyline, her writing inspiration abounds.
Meet the sexy world that’s been evolving in her fevered brain…she’d love you to join her in some over the top erotic adventures with the Draca; dragon shape-shifters of a very different kind.


Find her online at:


www.louisakelley.com

http://www.loose-id.com/

Louisa Kelley Author@ Facebook
Lydia has no idea why an entire race of shape-shifters is lusting after her. They tell her there's something special about her blood and they want it for themselves... but they don't actually want her blood. No, they want much, much more. And they want it delivered fresh, hot and as fast as possible.

Science fiction geek Lydia Neal is just recovering from her latest relationship burnout. When she wakes up in a glowing cave surrounded by enormous dragons she's pretty sure she's having a sci-fi themed nightmare. Then she meets the smoking hot Draca Eremon and suddenly things aren't quite so scary. Especially when Eremon shows her the very special kind of ecstasy a Draca male can offer her...whether on the ground or in the skies.

Something powerful is waking up inside Lydia, something triggered during her capture by these primal, gorgeous creatures. Whatever the sexy, obsessed Draca want from her, she's ready to find out... She agrees to go along with a series of fantastical and erotic "tests" and discovers she's signed on for the wildest, hottest ride of her life.
Cara is haunted by recent memories of a warehouse explosion that took the life of her best friend and caught her in the blast. Desperate for a way to cover the burns scars on her shoulder, Cara heads for the mysterious tattoo shop in Portland everyone is talking about.

Aedhan, the gorgeous tattoo master, leaves her senses reeling and her knees weak. Just the touch of his talented hands brings welcome relief and a sense of release from her emotional pain. His charming, eccentric ways combined with his tangerine hair and odd accent create an intoxicating mix. To her delight, the incredible tattoo he expertly lays over her scar hides everything-- and makes her long for more of his healing touch.

Soon Cara is pulled into an erotic journey of unimagined delight, terror and transformation. Dragons? In Portland? Magical and sexy beyond belief? Yet, something isn’t quite adding up. Is Aedhan really telling her the truth about what he’s doing in that shop? But she's so crazy in lust and wonder, it's hard to care.

Dragon shape-shifter Aedhan fully intends to follow the rules of his secret mission, number one being no sex with the human women in Portland. Then Cara shows up at his shop and her sweetness and delightful freckles almost stops his heart. When he perceives the sorrow in her life, he is consumed with the need to know more. Who has hurt her? After he gets a taste of her blood on his tattoo needles and discovers the extra special something in her fluids, he decides he must see Cara again, even if it means breaking the rules. And that's when things start to go terribly wrong...or perfectly right.


Photobucket

8 comments:

Goddess Fish Promotions said...

Thank you for hosting Louisa today.

marybelle said...

Such a fun list of 10. I wish I had a secret identity. I'm rather envious.

marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Louisa Kelley said...

Thank you for hosting me today! This was a very fun list to put together.

MomJane said...

I tevo movies so I can fast forward if they get too boring.

Your story line is absolutely awesome.

Joanne said...

I agree with the HEA endings. If a book or movie doesn't end with one, I am pissed for days. I also fast forward through tv shows. I want to watch them, but they just can't keep my interest. Both books sound amazing. Can't wait to read them. Thanks for the blog tour.

e.balinski(at)att(dot)net

Karen H in NC said...

I'm still chuckling over your 10 things to learn about you. OK, so you say you are a Professional Office Manager by day...do your co-workers have any idea of your after hours occupation? Are any of your characters based on real people? If so, would they recognize themselves in your stories?

kareninnc at gmail dot com

Catherine Lee said...

I have the same question as Karen. Do your daytime colleagues know about your secret identity? Have they read your "stuff"?

ALSO, my counseling background dictates that I tell you..."If the voices in your head--of the paranormal creatures--start telling you to hurt yourself or others, DON'T LISTEN...Get some professional help." LOL!

Louisa Kelley said...

Oh love these comments! Okay, true confessions...I work in a chiropractic and massage office and one of the scenes in Cara and the Draca will probably give the massage therapists a heart attack. They have been warned, LOL. Many of my ideas for that book came from my work environment...I take inspiration where I can get it, for sure. I came out to my work colleagues after the first book was published, unsure of how they would react. My boss was so happy for me, the week the book published she hosted an all-staff happy hour at the local bar. Some of the staff even read my stuff!Thanks for the great comments and questions, I am definitely smiling.