Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

GUEST BLOG: DENYSE BRIDGER

A year ago, if someone had asked me, "E-books or print?", I would have said print only. I bought an eReader late last year, and while I still tend to purchase more print books, I have been reading more and more e-versions of books. I bought all of the Guild Hunter books as eBooks, and the entire Midnight Breed series is on my reader. Ward’s books were bought as print novels, so I won’t mix them up and start getting eBooks of her BDB series. I get anal about it all, honestly. If I’m reading a set, I want them all in the same format, so… Plus, short stories and novellas are most often only available in eformats, and they’re easy to take with you that way, too.


I listen to music all day long; it’s what keeps me focused, and some days it’s what keeps me sane! When I’m writing, I love environmental sounds playing in the background, wolves howling, storms, rain forests, etc. When I want singers, I tend to turn on Radio Italy Live from New York, and just let that play in the background. Music can often enhance the writing of certain scenes, because they set the mood in a subconscious way.


What about you? What are your thoughts on e-readers and e-books and/or music?


Coming TODAY from XoXo Publishing:



WARRIOR MINE: RETRIBUTIONS


Angelique Devereaux is a dark legend, once a Chosen Warrior of god, she betrayed her oaths to love one who was forbidden. Cast out, cursed and scarred, she continues her battle alone. Until a soul as tortured as her own stumbles across her path. Asher Elliot is lost in his own darkness when he first sees the tall warrior known to legend simply as The Slayer. Tortured by the deaths of his wife and children, this grieving warrior is nonetheless drawn to the timeless, cold being he witnesses at work. Like him, she deals in death and her justice is swift, sometimes messy, but always final. He follows her, watching, growing ever more captivated by her, until finally he must reach out to claim what his reawakened heart wants most…


Book Two in the exciting new series WARRIOR MINE, Retributions continues the passionate and ever-changing relationship that is building between Asher Elliot and Angelique Devereaux.


Asher's past has come back to haunt him in a way that threatens to open old wounds just as they've begun to heal. When he is contracted to do a job, he shuts "Angie" out and goes to exact his personal vengeance for the sins committed against those he loved.


Angelique has never been part of humanity, is still struggling to find her way in the midst of love and passion that is alien to her immortal soul. The ties of blood have revealed Asher's pain to her, and she will not allow anyone to hurt him if she is able to stop it.


As the two warriors each set out on the path of retribution, they are once again drawn back to each other. Face to face with Asher, Angelique wonders if he can forgive her, and her beloved male is trying hard to understand her fear of not being good enough for his love.


They have a long way to travel before true understanding will make them whole, will their love be strong enough to keep them together for their journey?

* * * * *



Once in awhile you create a book that seems to resonate with people, and this is one of them. A historical Western that was born in my fascination for my childhood hero, Paladin. So, Dylan Coulter is a combination of Paladin's urbane charm and sophistication and his lethal side, of course. Maggie is a woman a little ahead of her time, strong, compassionate, and independent. I hope you'll like her. I hope you enjoy their story, it's exciting, and passionate, and has some surprises in store too!


WINNER TAKE ALL

Genre: Historical/Western Erotica Novella


When Dylan Coulter rides into Sparkling Springs, he quickly discovers the woman who runs the local saloon is worth the risk of facing the hangman. Things get ugly fast when Dylan is accused of killing the only son of the richest rancher in the area. Unwilling to leave her behind, Dylan takes Maggie with him as he tries to dodge bounty hunters and a determined Pinkerton agent who just happens to be Maggie's old love...

Photobucket

1 comment:

Debby said...

I was like you on ebooks. I now have several readers and buy lots for them.
debby236 at gmail dot com