Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

GUEST BLOG: DANA LITTLEJOHN


Photobucket





This post is part of a virtual book tour organized by Goddess Fish Promotions. Dana will be awarding five prizes, one randomly chosen commenter at each tour stop will win a prize. All are promo items displaying a different Dana Littlejohn design: 2- t-shirts (size XL), 1 coffee mug, 1 ink pen (black ink) and 1 baseball style hat. Click on the tour banner to see the other stops on the tour.


Hello everyone!

I am Dana Littlejohn, author of erotic and sensual romance, here to talk about what I learned from my protagonist. Christian Cooper is the hero in this story although he is not seen in the story much. He has been married to Andrea for 20 years. Andrea is the heroine and thinks she may have made the wrong choice when she married her husband.

Andrea and Christian are empty-nesters. After working years for someone else, Christian has the chance to start his own business. Andrea finds that now that the children are all grown up, she doesn’t have anything constructive to do with her life. While Christian is away working and Andrea runs into her first love, Raymond. They renew their friendship and things become intense.

Raymond wants to be with Andrea. She’s the one that got away and he hasn’t gotten over it. He respects the fact that she is married and does not push the position she has put him in. However, he does remind her how good it was between them mentally and physically in hopes to tempt her to come to him. Weakened by her loneliness, Andrea leans on Raymond for the things that Christian used to do for her.

At the completion of this story I learned that anyone can be caught in a bad situation when ill-equipped with what you need most from your spouse. When your basic needs are not met by your spouse it leaves the door open for someone else to come in and fill that need. Relationships take time, energy and commitment. It’s work, but not all work is hard work.

As I did research for this book I was reminded to take that to heart myself. The day to day bump and grind, new projects, family, friends, all kinds of stuff can move you away from your spouse mentally, sexually and spiritually. Though you may not mean it, it can still happen and cause issue within your marriage before you know it.

Even couples who are crazy in love after twenty years of marriage should remember that when basic needs go unmet problems can easily arise. That was the bottom line I learned. :-)

Here is a peek inside To Have and To Hold:

On Saturday the group met for lunch and was done before the day grew too late.

“Girl, I’m glad your friend Raymond is part of the group. He‟s nice and now we have some eye candy,” Regina whispered to her giggling.

Andrea chuckled. “Yes, he is very handsome.”

“I think he likes you, too.”

“We’re just friends. I’m married, remember?”

“Being married doesn’t make you invisible, Andrea. That man is interested in you,” Regina said in a teasing voice. “Have you told him you’re married?”

“Of course I have. Here’s the thing. Raymond and I have history. We knew each other back in high school, but we haven’t seen each other in just over twenty years.”

“Oh, that’s not going to cause any problems for you, will it, Andrea?”

“No, we’re both adults. We choose to be friends and that’s what we are.”

“Okay, Andrea,” Regina said not sounding convinced.

Outside, they went their separate ways, but Ray waited for Andrea.

“I’d like to walk you to your car, if that’s okay?”

“Sure, that’s fine,” she said, slowing her pace.

“Your friends are very nice. I think I’m going to like being in this book club.”

“They’re your friends, too, now.”

He smiled. “Yes, I suppose they are.”

“Ray, Regina said she could tell that you were attracted to me.”

He sighed. “I’m sorry, Andrea, but I am attracted to you. Of course I’m not trying to be obvious, but how can I deny the attraction? You are beautiful, intelligent and truly a nice person, you always have been.”

“Ray…”

He grabbed her arm and stopped walking. “What would you have me do, Andrea? Do you want me to treat you badly just to hide how I really feel?”

“No, Ray, I don’t want you to do that.”

“Good because I wasn’t going to. Look, I can’t help the way I feel about you. The moment I held you in my arms again it was like the years just melted away for me. Leaving you was the biggest mistake I ever made and I have been kicking myself for it for the last twenty years.” He dropped her arm and his shoulders dropped. “I know you have a different life now and it doesn’t include me like it used to. I will respect the fact that you are married. I just want to be a part of your life…even as just a friend.”

Her heart tightened at the pained look in his eyes, those beautiful brown pools that still shined with the love he has for her.

“Of course, Ray. There will always be a place for you in my life.”

She pulled him into a hug and together they continued to her car.

That night she cooked dinner for her and Christian, but he never showed up. She cleared the table, put a plate in the microwave and went to bed. A few hours later Christian slid into bed behind her.

“Hi, sweetheart.” He kissed her shoulder. “Are you asleep?”

“No, Christian. I can’t really sleep when you’re not in bed.” She rolled over to face him.

“I’m sorry for coming in so late. I know I should have called and I’m sorry. On a good note I think I found out how I could move up the ground breaking,” he said excitedly. “Everything is moving right along. These are exciting times for our company. It’s like watching a flower bloom right before your eyes.” He kissed her and turned over.

Andrea sighed and went to sleep frustrated again.

****
About the Author:
Dana Littlejohn was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY, but has called Indianapolis, IN her home for over ten years. She works a nine to five at a nearby doctor's office while she pursues her dream of writing. Her writing to-do list grows daily. Stop by Dana's website to see what she's doing next . It's a ride you will not soon forget!

Website: www.DanaLittlejohn.net
Blog: www.authordanlittlejohn.blogspot.com and www.trysomethingnewwithme.blogspot.com
Facebook @ liljohndana
Twitter @ authordanalittlejohn



Christian and Andrea Cooper had made many plans on what they would do when their children were finally out of the house. Now that they were gone their plans had hit a snag. Christian had the chance to start his own company and promised to put their plans in motion as soon as it was off the ground. Andrea agreed to those terms, but she had no idea how lonely and neglected she would feel while she waited. On a trip to the city in search of something to do she ran into Raymond Reyes, her first love. Reminiscing with Ray brought back a flood of emotions that she found difficult to ignore. Did she make the right decision by marrying Christian after all? Could Ray convince her that this was their second chance and they were meant to be together?


2 comments:

Goddess Fish Promotions said...

Thank you for hosting Dana today.

Tina Gayle said...

Nice interview. I agree life sometimes get in the way of love. We have to constantly remind outself what is important. Best of luck with your book.