Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Monday, July 9, 2012

GUEST BLOG: SARA BROOKES


Photobucket


This post is part of a virtual book tour organized by Goddess Fish Promotions. Sara will be giving away a $50 Amazon GC to one randomly drawn commenter. Click on the banner above to see her other stops on the tour--remember, the more you comment, the better your chances.


I thought I’d share ten things no one knows about me today just for something a little different while I’m celebrating the release of Chasing Sin.

I love movies: comedy, drama, thriller, action, etc—which is something people know about me. But what I haven’t confessed before is that I own approximately 450 movies—350 of which are DVDs. And yes, one of them is Twister. ;^)

During severe weather, I have a very strong tendency to walk outside to see what’s going on in the sky. I did it just last night, in fact, and nearly got hit by my neighbor’s trash can when a strong gust blew through.

My Go-To snacks during long drives are Dr Pepper and Funyuns. I’m not sure why because I’m sure the thought of those two things together is pretty disgusting, but it’s just something I’ve done since I was a teenager. Can you imagine chasing storms with that smell lingering in the car? LOL

I’ve been to Hawaii nine times and have never been swimming in the Pacific. Why? I hate the beach. The sand. The salt water. Blech. It’s just not for me. More than likely this is due to the fact I’ve lived within ten miles of a beach my entire life. The beach just isn’t that big of a deal to me. A hurricane barrels up the coast near me? Totally different story, I am so at the beach to see the ocean show a little attitude.

While it’s mostly an activity kids find enjoyment in, I still like to stare at the clouds and see what kinds of shapes I can find. I don’t lie in the grass like I did as a child though because my allergies just can’t handle it. But a nice chair and cold glass of lemonade work just fine for me.

Despite all the long drives I have to go on, I hate driving. As in: I will do anything I can to get out of driving. So I would obviously not be the driver on a storm chase team. Oddly enough, I’m actually a really good driver.

One of my favorite things late at night during the summer is to watch heat lightning along the horizon. Can you tell I spend a lot of time staring at the sky?

Even with all this fascination with weather, I am not a fan of snow. There’s a reason I continue to live in the south. Where I live right now is about as far north as I want to go. I’d rather deal with the humidity and heat over the frigid cold and piles of snow.

Chasing Sin was written during a hurricane. That’s right, in late August of 2011, Hurricane Irene barreled through my area. She knocked out my power for eight days and generally just made of pain of herself. But I thank her for giving me a few days off work in order to write!

I actually munched on Funyuns while typing up these ten facts about me. Evidently, my love them isn’t simply relegated to long drives.

Thanks so much for joining me here today!

About the Author:
Sara Brookes is an award-winning author who has always been fascinated by the strange, the unusual, the twisted and the lost (tortured heroes are her personal favorite). She is an action movie junkie, addicted to coffee and has been known to stay up until the wee hours of the morning playing RPG video games. Despite all this, she is a romantic at heart and is always a sucker for an excellent love story. Born and bred in Virginia, Sara still lives there with her husband and daughter. The entire family is owned by two cats, Galahad and Loki, who graciously allow the family to cater to their every desire.

Find Sara online at:

Website: www.sarabrookes.net
Twitter: @sara_brookes
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/brookesofbooks


Every spring, Kate risks her life chasing violent storms. Tired of watching her take unnecessary chances, two of her closest friends offer a different thrill. Devoted lovers Snyder and Tripp don’t just share a passion for nature’s fury; they long to have the fearless woman between them.

Though she is reluctant, she also knows the proposition is too irresistible to refuse. Her acceptance leads to an explosive night of no-holes-barred sex for the threesome. However, when morning dawns, she realizes this type of unusual relationship isn’t one she belongs in.

Despite her best efforts to keep the men at arm’s length, Kate finds herself facing down the storm of the century with them at her side. With Mother Nature intruding, the trio discovers shelter in each other’s arms. With the hurricane raging outside and passion raging inside, everything is at stake.

12 comments:

Goddess Fish Promotions said...

Thank you for hosting Sara today

Joanne said...

Congrats on the new release. Thanks for the fun and informative post. I love the beach, but hate the sand. It gets into so many places its not supposed to. I also love driving. I will drive for hours happily. I've never heard of Funyuns. Is it like a chip?
This book sounds fantastic. Can't wait to read it to see more of Kate, Snyder, and Tripp.

e.balinski(at)att(dot)net

Karen H in NC said...

Hi Sara,

Loved reading the 10 things we didn't know about you. I think it is very interesting to learn details of an author's background...what makes you tick and how much of that makes its way into your books.

I'm with you about hating the piles of snow and cold weather. That's why I moved to NC from MI about 12 years ago. Got plain tired of shoveling driveways and sidewalks and suffering in frigid temps for so much of the year. Not the life I like!

What characters are the hardest/easiest for you to write: The hero, the heroine, the villain (or villainess), the secondary male & female characters? What are the most fun to write?

MomJane said...

I really enjoyed your comments. I live in NH and I love the winter. I moved here from California, so I guess there is some place for every one.

I hope your novel does well. It really sounds interesting.

ad0ffae6-78f6-11e1-8cde-000bcdcb5194 said...

If it's any consolation, I live near the Pacific, but would never swim in it. It's just too cold, and I'm terrified of undertow! I love watching the ocean, though. Great post.

vitajex(at)aol(dot)com

ad0ffae6-78f6-11e1-8cde-000bcdcb5194 said...

If it's any consolation, I live near the Pacific, but would never swim in it. It's just too cold, and I'm terrified of undertow! I love watching the ocean, though. Great post.

vitajex(at)aol(dot)com

Sara Brookes said...

Funyuns are a onion flavored chip, so they're ring shaped. Funny thing is...I hate onions. LOL

Sara Brookes said...

Great question, Karen! I think all characters are easy--and--hard to write. LOL they each have something that makes then fun to write as well. Especially when I figure out what makes them tick. I recently wrote a bad guy for a work-in-progress and he was "fun" in his own right just because he is very messed up. And I always love secondary characters because they help you add to the main characters.

Sara Brookes said...

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sara Brookes said...

The ocean is certainly beautiful to look at, especially the Pacific!

June M. said...

If you think Funyuns and Dr. Pepper is weird, you should see my nephew. He eats them with....chocolate milk. EWWWW! They are his favorite chip and chocolate milk is his favorite drink but I just can't see combining them.
I love watching weather too. I love a good Thunder and Lightening storm. But I don't like really severe weather like tornadoes, hurricanes, snow/ice storms, etc. Anything too deadly I can do without.
manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com

marybelle said...

I loved your fun facts thank you. I LOVE the beach. There is nothing better than walking along the waters edge beach combing.

I've had my share of storms, so I usually hope they at least hit during the daylight hours.

marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com