Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Anniversary Blog Fest: Augusta Li

Photobucket


My Summer


Hi everybody! Augusta Li (Gus) here to talk a little bit about how I spent my summer. I love everything about summertime: the beach, picnics, cooking out on the grill, reading a good book while lounging on the porch, or sitting around a fire in the evening with a nice cold glass of wine. I love the heat and the sun and can bake in it all day without ever being uncomfortable.

This summer has been a productive one for me as well. Two of my novels and one novella were published. Ash and Echoes, a high fantasy, uber-long start to the Blessed Epoch series came out at Dreamspinner Press in June. I admit I was worried about how Ash and Echoes would be received, due to the level of violence (it takes place during a war in a fantasy-medieval setting) and the dubious morality of a few of the characters. I'm happy to say the response has been very favorable, with many readers already asking me for the sequel. The good news is I'm working on it, and it should be available by March of next year.

Buy link for Ash and Echoes, Book One of the Blessed Epoch: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=3065&cPath=56_61_590

I'm also very proud of The Ballad of the Burning Year, another monster-length novel released through Silver Publishing this month. It's another story of large-scale battle, intrigue, and an almost impossible battle for liberation that blends elements of high fantasy with steampunk. I pushed the envelope again, and the book does contain scenes of incest between brothers, so I'll be eager to see what my readers think of it.

Buy link for The Ballad of the Burning Year: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=3065&cPath=56_61_590

Since I didn't take enough risks this summer by writing novels full of bloodshed, murder, incest, and betrayal, I had to explore the implications of dubious consent and published the novella The Brush Whistler's Song with Storm Moon Press. It revolves around Arjin, an assassin posing as a love slave to get close to his target, and of course he has to be convincing…

Buy Link for The Brush Whistler's Song: http://www.stormmoonpress.com/books/The-Brush-Whistlers-Song.aspx

Aside from working, I had a lot of fun this summer! I was lucky enough to attend Authors After Dark in New Orleans. I haven't been to the Big Easy for quite a few years, and I really liked getting back to the French Quarter to party on Bourbon Street, eat some of the best food in the world, hang out with my author friends, meet readers, and find some great new books for myself.

I also got a big new tattoo this summer: the Grey Warden motto on the side of my neck and a griffin on the back.

Other than that, I just enjoyed the sun, read, and of course kept working. Eon and I completed the sequel to our steampunk adventure, Boots for the Gentleman. It's called A Grimoire for the Baron, and will be out with Dreamspinner Press in October, just in time for Yaoi-Con!

Thanks for having me here today, and enjoy what's left of your summer, everyone!

Kisses!

~Gus

About the Author:
Augusta Li is the author of several short stories, novellas, novels, and yaoi manga scripts, created either on her own or with her partner in crime, Eon de Beaumont. Gus and Eon are also artists and are currently hard at work on many manga and prose projects. Gus's books are available at Dreamspinner Press, Silver Publishing, Storm Moon Press, and Yaoi Press. Video games, manga and anime have been huge influences on Gus’s work. Xbox Live calls Gus away from work far more often than it should. Visit Gus at BooksByEonandGus.com.

My blog: http://www.booksbyeonandgus.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Ninja.Gus

4 comments:

Ingeborg said...

I also love the summer. I have a lot more energy when it's hot outside.
Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

Karen H in NC said...

I'm retired now so pretty much every day is a summer vacation for me. And living in NC where the winters are very mild...it's even good for a winter vacation!

kareninnc at gmail dot com

Debby said...

Sounds like you had quite the summer. I do enjoy mine lots.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Gus said...

Thanks for stopping by everybody! I'm glad you're enjoying your summers. It's starting to feel like fall here on the East Coast where I live, and I'm going to miss the warm days.