Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Anniversary Blog Fest: C.R. Moss

Photobucket


Summer with C.R. Moss ~ Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada…


…Phoenix, Arizona; Denver, Colorado; and Astoria, Oregon. Oh, and other points in Utah, Oregon, Washington and maybe even Canada.

Now, you may be asking, what do all these places have to do with each other? Well… Welcome to my summer. They’re the places I’ve traveled to (& will be traveling to). At the beginning of June, I drove down to the Phoenix area for a readers’ convention where I touched base with some of my favorite authors and met some new authors and readers. Then at the end of June, my writing partner and I were on the road again driving up to RomCon in Denver. I’ve done lots of road trips in my life, and I have to say, the drive from Las Vegas to Denver was one of the easiest and most interesting. The varying geological landscapes along the way were a sight to behold. One section in Utah was quite barren and seemed to take forever to get through on the way home. I fell in love with Colorado, though, and its mountains, greenery and water. At one point on the way to Denver after nightfall, we’d stopped so I could clean the truck’s windshield, and it was 45 degrees out. That was a bit of a shock, having come from a place that was already experiencing 100 degree temps during the days and 70 to 80s at night. The heat that Denver experienced while we were there was surprising, too, but we stayed cool in the hotel, and ultimately we all had a good time. And, speaking of the views, the eye candy in the form of the models wasn’t bad either! lol! I can’t wait to return next year!

Due to an injury, I spent the month of July at home. Occasionally I headed down to the pool to lie out, swim and write. Mostly I enjoyed coffee in the morning shade of my porch while I worked on a couple of stories—the next in the Double D Ranch Tales ~ Wild West Hauntings & a story for Evernight Publishing’s Naughty Fairy Tales line—and relaxed in the air conditioning, while outside, monsoon season brought what the weatherman called “juicy” weather.

As of writing this blog for the anniversary party, I still have one more trip to take before Labor Day. This is a personal trip to the Pacific Northwest. I’m looking forward to hanging out with a close friend I haven’t seen in six years, connecting back with nature at the beach, the river and the parks and doing some much needed healing after the year I’ve had. My friend told me some wonderful stories about the town she lives in. I have a feeling it’s going to be a great setting for a series of stories I’m planning on writing under my other pen name, Casey Moss. She’s also said that I should be able to witness some wonderful sunsets. I hope so. It’d be great inspiration for some more of my Sunset stories that I’m writing for Decadent’s 1NightStand series. While I’m up there, we plan to make a run down to the central Oregon coast points and maybe up into Washington. There’s also been mention of taking a trip across the border into Canada if we have the time and energy to do so. I also hope I get to experience a storm or two and see the crazy surf she talks about. Now that would make my summer and be some great fodder for a story or two.

Thanks for joining me here today! I plan on posting pics of my trip to the PNW so be sure to check out my blog http://crmoss.blogspot.com/

Happy Reading! C.R.

About the Author: An eccentric and eclectic writer, C.R. Moss pens stories for the mainstream and erotic romance markets, giving readers Worlds of Possibilities. So what does she write? She writes stories from the light and sweet to the dark and deadly with varying degrees of sexual heat. Writing as C.R. Moss gives her and her muses the freedom to explore worlds of possibilities when it comes to love. She also has a passion for penning dark fiction. Writing under the name Casey Moss allows her to slate other stories under Horror ~ Paranormal ~ Suspense ~ Thriller ~ Urban Fantasy. Visit: http://caseymossbooks.com/

Find C.R. Moss/Casey Moss here ~

Website: http://www.crmoss.net/
Double D Ranch Tales: http://doubledranchtales.blogspot.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CRMoss.author
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CRMoss
Evernight Publishing – C.R. Moss: http://www.evernightpublishing.com/pages/C.R.-Moss.html
Evernight Publishing – Casey Moss: http://www.evernightpublishing.com/casey-moss/
Decadent Publishing – Sunset Desires: http://bit.ly/SunsetDesiresbyCRMoss
Decadent Publishing – Sunset Seduction: http://bit.ly/MFI99w
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/C.R.-Moss/e/B002DBE49W
All Romance Ebooks: http://www.allromanceebooks.com/storeSearch.html?searchBy=author&qString=C.R.+Moss

9 comments:

Karen H in NC said...

I love road trips. I don't travel as much as I would like to but the trips I take are by car. I don't mind the drive and I get to see the sights up close and personal. The country has a lot to offer if one takes the time to look. In spite of your injury, sounds like you have enjoyed a great summer!

kareninnc at gmail dot com

Catherine Lee said...

That sounds like a great summer--except for the injury. Although, being laid up by the pool...I've heard worse! I have spent very little time in the Pacific Northwest. I think it would be a beautiful adventure.
catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

Debby said...

I love traveling. We went to Texas, California and Michigan this summer.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Ingeborg said...

All those road trips sound like fun. It's great to see other parts of the country and what a beautiful country we live in.
Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

Jean MP said...

It is always fun to see different parts of the country, especially if you don't have a deadline and take time to discover things that are off the beaten track.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

elaing8 said...

Sounds like a fun summer (minus the injury)
elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

Tina B said...

It sounds like you had such an eventful summer so far. I hope you are feeling better.
Have a wonderful trip to see your friend. ;)
We didn't travel this summer but plan a visit to New Orleans in October! I am very excited because I have never been there before.
Enjoy the rest of your summer!
trb0917 at gmail.com

Erzabet Bishop said...

Hope you have a great summer! I have not taken a road trip in several years, but the last one my husband and I took was in West Virginia. Beautiful country. Love the green everything!

We don't travel much anymore but I love to read about new places.

Will be adding your books to my TBR list!

Great post!

Best,

Erzabet

erzabetwrites (at) gmail dot com

C. Moss said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by! & thank you for your lovely comments!
The injury is doing much better & I'm wrapping up my trip in OR. Will be returning home tomorrow & that's it on the traveling for a bit. The Pacific Northwest is beautiful & I've shared some pics through my twitter & facebook accounts. Will hopefully put more up once I'm home & settled.
We do have a beautiful country & it's been great seeing more of it. :)
Happy Reading!
C.R. Moss