Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Anniversary Blog Fest: Emma Jay

Photobucket


My Summer Obsessions
by
Emma Jay


Every summer I get obsessed with something or other. Last summer it was shoes, ewing and Timothy Olyphant. This summer I’ve been a little more scattered.

My first obsession this summer is nail polish. Now I don’t usually paint my fingernails, though I always paint my toenails--one of my favorite ways to welcome warm weather. But this summer I would go on Pinterest, see cool nails and try to mimic them. I’ve got a couple dozen bottles of nail polish now, every color from black to white, shades of blues, purples, pinks, oranges, even green. NOT a fan of glitter polish, though it is pretty.

My second is with thrifting. My mom has enjoyed it for awhile, hitting the Goodwill stores and thrift stores and pick through to see what you can find. She started with baskets, then moved on to silver spoons and other odds and ends. This summer, I’ve been going with her to various Goodwills, thrift stores and antique stores. I’ve found cute wire baskets, Diet Coke glasses to go with my Coke glass collection, adorable purses and a great bedside table. Adding to my addiction? The Junk Gypsies on HGTV. They’re two sisters who go thrifting and use their finds to redecorate other people’s houses. I LOVE that show.

My third obsession is Channing Tatum. I don’t think he’s particularly handsome, but he’s got a gorgeous body and the boy can DANCE. Please don’t tell me how old he is--I don’t want to know.

What about you? Do you get obsessed with things? What are your current obsessions?

About the Author: Emma Jay has been writing longer than she'd care to admit, using her endless string of celebrity crushes as inspiration for her heroes. She discovered her husband has way more tolerance for screensavers and hunk-decorated blog posts when she calls them her "heroes." Emma, married 25 years (wed at the age of 8, of course) believes writing romance is like falling in love, over and over again. Creating characters and love stories is an addiction she has no intention of breaking.

Her website/blog: http://emmajayromance.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Emma-Jay/154235604624868?ref=hl
Twitter: https://twitter.com/EmmaJayromance
Pinterest (lots of Channing pictures. Ahem): http://pinterest.com/emmajayromance/

15 comments:

Debby said...

For me this summer, it was quilling and then it was crocheted cats. I made lots
debby236 at gmail dot com

Emma Jay said...

FTR, I found out how old Channing Tatum is--not scary young, in his 30s, believe it or not!

Emma Jay said...

AND Junk Gypsies has been canceled. BOO!

Lisa said...

Hi Emma,
Book sound good! Obsesss hm hunk of burning love sound good to me. Yep a elvis fan here. Thank you!
Hugs!
Lisa
goosebooth @yahoo.com

MomJane said...

You sound like a fun person, and I bet your stories are as much fun to read as your interview.

Delicious Romance From Cerise DeLand said...

WAVING HELLO, SWEETIE! And saying wow, nail polish and Channing Tatum!
I am so with you.
Do you have AUTUMN obsessions too???
Inquring minds NEED to know!

Ingeborg said...

I've become obsessed with watching American Pickers, I never miss it.
Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

Emma Jay said...

Oh, crochet, lol! Let's not talk about the boxes of yarn under the bed, shall we? Also, I'm sewing like a fiend getting ready to go back to school. Lisa, my bff Cindi LOVES Elvis. She works him into her classroom every chance she can get! Jane, thanks so much :) I will say I'm never bored!

booklover0226 said...

My current obsession is my iPad. My never ending obsession is reading!

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

Karen H in NC said...

Books, books and more books. That's my obsession. Right now I have nearly 1000 books on my ever growing TBR mountain range! And at my age, I wonder if I'll actually live long enough to read them all. That sounds kind of morbid, but I'm 68!

I never did the thrift store shopping or the garage sale route, but it does sound like fun and I know there are some treasures to be found...if you know where to look. Have you ever taken part in the world's longest yard sale? It's over 600 miles of yard sales following the US 127 from Ohio to Alabama.

kareninnc at gmail dot com

Toni said...

I've been too busy moving to have an obsession this summer yet. I could use the distraction though! I do have to agree, great nail colors grab me, but I rarely paint my nails and yummy to Channing!

Emma Jay said...

Cerise, howdy!!! Good to see you here! I am sure I will have autumn obsessions, too, just not sure what they are yet :)

Inge, oh, we love that show, too. That's something the husband and I both watch.

Tracy, my mom loves her iPad, too! Thinking about getting one for the dh this Christmas.

Karen, I'm right there with you. I have about 150 print books, and...well, when I bought my new Nook in April, I had 750 books to transfer. I have WAY more now. And what am I reading? A library book! That yard sale sounds FUN but a bit far for me to travel. Maybe some day. My son is going to school in Austin and I look forward to hitting some stores up there!

Toni, sory you've been too busy! Hope things slow down for you soon!

elaing8 said...

I do get obsessed with things then like 1 or 2 months later,i'd be like why?? lol. I have been obsessed with nail polish too.I rarely painted them before.Have you tried the nail polish with the magnet,to make cool patterns on your nails.
Oh and Channing Tatum..Yum...add Alex Pettyfer and I'm all in :D
elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

Patti P said...

I am glad I am not the only person with obsession A.D.D. :)
That is what my friend calls it. I am not allowed to find expensive hobbies anymore though...lol
I bought all the supplies for something years ago and then got bored. I can't even remember what it was now and then complained to her about all the money I wasted. My husband said I can get obsessed with cleaning or back massages or something like that any time I'd like...lol He misses my baking pies addiction. Right now it's reading, I just can't get enough.

Emma Jay said...

Elaing, EXACTLY! The obsession passes, but it's fun while it lasts. I've not tried the magnet one. Cool!

Patti, I wish I could get obsessed with exercise! And I know what you mean about expensive hobbies. I figure some of the things I buy will keep, though, like fabric and yarn.