Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Anniversary Blog Fest: Lila Munro

Photobucket


Hi everyone! And thanks to the girls here at LASR for hosting this fantastic event. I’m most happy to have been able to be a part of it, and I was very happy when I discovered the themes for the posts today were some of my favorite things to talk about. Who doesn’t love summer, reading, vacations, and going back to school…

Okay, maybe not everyone is as thrilled with that last one as I get. Truth be told, my nest is empty and I’ve not attended a class of my own in, well, longer than I care to talk about here.  But back to school used to be, and still is, one of my most favorite times of year. Yes, I loved school, and no I didn’t love it after I was off on my own sending my babies away on the big yellow ‘cool bus because I could rid my household of them nine hours a day. I simply think education is the most important thing we can give ourselves or our children. My grandmother used to tell me, “They can take a lot of things away from you, but your education…they can’t take that.”

Now, I’ll admit, I’m not sure who they were, but I expect she meant people that would try to tear you down a lifetime in an effort to make themselves feel better. Maybe she meant those in authority. She grew up during the Great Depression, I suspect she’s suspicious of a lot of things. But, she’s right. No one can take away what you learn. It’s locked away inside you where no one can touch it unless you wish to share it and give them some of what you know.

And isn’t that what we as writers do? Share with the world a bit of our experiences, what we’ve learned? I often hear we should write what we know, and quite frankly I couldn’t agree more, but what I always try to tell new writers that ask me about this, what you don’t know…learn. And not via Google. Get out and live! Interview people, ask questions. Read. Real books. From the library. Meet the librarian and ask her a few questions. Download research tools to your phone and iPad and Kindle. Be bold in your pursuit of answers! Retain that love of the unknown and curiosity for the invisible we all had as children. How does that work? What makes that go round? Where is X,Y,Z and what are their customs? Do pigs fly? Why are pure breed Blue Healers born bob-tailed? What makes the grass green? How does my heroine know the intricacies of making wine? How do you make wine? What grapes are best in what regions?

See how far this learning gig can take us? I think it’s pretty cool. Although, my neighbors, friends, family, and husband’s co-workers in the form of Marines probably grow tired of my learning gig occasionally as I do ask so many questions. But I just smile and take more notes…write more questions down…

Oh, one more thing before I go…did I mention I love the smell of new school supplies? Guilty. The only thing better than the aroma of new pencils and crayons is the smell of a new book…

And I have a couple of new reads I’d like you to check out. One is currently available, Toy Box Tales, Volume One: Fayetteville. The other Private Pirouette, a new military read, is coming September 17. Find out more at Realmantic Moments .

Now how about some giveaway love? My favorite classes in school were English…what were yours? At the end of the anniversary happenings, I’ll choose a random commenter and help them fill their e-reader with love with a $20.00 gift card from either Amazon or Barnes&Noble.

Thanks for coming by and thanks again LASR for having me by today!

Lila Munro

About the Author:
Lila Munro currently resides on the coast of North Carolina with her husband and their two four-legged kids. She’s a military wife with an empty nest and takes much of her inspiration for her heroes from the marines she’s lived around for the past fifteen years. Coining the term realmantica, she strives to produce quality romance in a realistic setting. Her genre of choice is contemporary romance that spans everything from the sensual to BDSM and ménage. When she’s not writing, she enjoys reading everything she can get her hands on, trips to the museum and aquarium, taking field research trips, and soaking up the sun on the nearby beaches. Her works include The Executive Officer’s Wife, Bound By Trust, Destiny’s Fire, Salvation, Three for Keeps, the Force Recon series, the Slower Lower series, the Identity series, and most recently the Toy Box Tales in conjunction with BethAnn Buehler. She’s a member in good standing of RWA and Passionate Ink. Currently she’s working on sequels to several series to be released throughout 2012-2013. And has a brand new line scheduled for winter 2012-13. Ms. Munro loves to hear from her readers and can be found at Realmantic Moments, Facebook, Pinterest, Goodreads, Twitter You can also contact her via email at lilasromance@gmail.com and you can find all her works at: Amazon, Nook, ARe, Bookstrand

10 comments:

Ingeborg said...

I went to school in Australia, my favorite class was geography. I love learning about other countries.
Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

Ingeborg said...

I went to school in Australia, my favorite class was geography, I loved learning about other countries.
Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

laura troxel said...

I love finding new authors and books to read. Cant wait to start reading your books.
lauratroxel@yahoo.com

laura troxel said...

I love finding new authors and books to read. I cant wait to start reading your books.
lauratroxel@yahoo.com

laura troxel said...

I love finding new authors and books to read. Cant wait to start reading your books.
lauratroxel@yahoo.com

booklover0226 said...

My favorite was math!

I enjoyed the post and look forward in reading more of your works.

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

Karen H in NC said...

As a child, I always enjoyed my summer vacation time, but around the middle part of August, I'd start getting antsy...time to get back to the routine of school. I think my favorite time in school was when the Bookmobile would visit. It was a time to check out library books...something I missed in the summertime.

kareninnc at gmail dot com

Toni said...

I was a math girl. Could have probably taken it pretty far, but the boy bug bit.

tsteinerid(gmail)

Debby said...

I love the smell of new book and new supplies. My favorite subject is science.
debby236 at gmail dot com

elaing8 said...

My favorite class...hmm..can I go with my spare.lol.ok no, I'd say Geography was.
elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net