Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Anniversary Blog Fest: Megan Slayer

Photobucket


Time to Go Back


It’s funny. When I was in school, I was the last person to want to go back to school. I liked school, but really, who wants the summer to end? Not me. Anyway, so I wasn’t keen on heading back. But I loved shopping for school supplies.

Call me strange.

I love when the stores break out the new notebooks, pencils, binders and all that. The smells, the colors, the textures, I love it. Plus, it’s like a mini scavenger hunt. Find the perfect item for whatever it is you're using it for. To this day, I still live for this hunt. Why? Because I still love notebooks.

So the back to school sales are a boon for me. Yep. Wondering how? When I write, I don’t always write on the computer. There are times when the story just won’t flow. Maybe the characters are being pills, maybe they just don’t want to talk. So I walk away from the computer. But I’ve always got a notebook with me. Inevitably the moment I walk away and don’t have pen and paper, that’s when the characters chatter non-stop.

So when the sales start, when the new stock comes out, I am there. Last year I was rewarded with great stuff. Hardbound Beatles notebooks. Those were fantastic. The hard binding allowed me to have the hard page for legibility. It also meant it looked cleaner than a scruffy spiral notebook. But I love those, too. I’ve got a slew of spiral ones with funky NY inspired artwork on them. This year it’s cities of the world. My favorite so far has Rome on it. It’s classy looking, hardbound and small enough to slip into my bag for quick access.

Call me silly, but I love the colors and pretty pictures. So what is your favorite part of the back to school rush? Or don’t you even like it? I’d love to know.

About the Author:
When she's not writing the stories in her head, Megan Slayer can be found luxuriating in her hot tub with her two vampire Cabana boys, Luke and Jeremy. She has the tendency to run a tad too far with her muse, so she has to hide in the head of her alter ego, but the boys don't seem to mind.

When she’s not obsessing over her whip collection, she can be found picking up her kidlet from school. She enjoys writing in all genres, but writing about men in love suits her fancy best.

Currently hanging out every Wednesday and Friday at the Menagerie Authors site, hunting Hotties for the Saturday posts, and working on the next great story brewing in her head!

The cabana boys are willing to serve, unless she needs them. She always needs them. So be nice to Javier or he will bite--on command.

She also masquerades under the name Wendi Zwaduk and is published through Changeling Press, Liquid Silver Books, and Total-E-Bound Publishing.

Megan’s site: http://wendizwaduk.com/indexMegan.htm
Megan’s blog: http://theauthormeganslayer.blogspot.com
Megan on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/author/meganslayer
Megan on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5330530.Megan_Slayer
Megan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/theauthormeganslayer
Megan on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/MeganSlayer

5 comments:

Ingeborg said...

I love shopping for school supplies, I can't pass up the great sales. I shop for myself since my kids are grown up.
Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

elaing8 said...

I never liked the going back to school shopping. But to this day the smells of the sections of the store when I walk through brings me back to my school days.
elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

Karen H in NC said...

School was so long ago, it's hard to remember back that far...seriously! But I know I loved shopping for school supplies too. My favorites were notebooks with colored paper and pen with different colored inks.

kareninnc at gmail dot com

Debby said...

I do enjoy new school supplies. I love the first day when the kid come in with new clothes and sneakers. So much white with all those new sneakers.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Wendi Zwaduk said...

Ingeborg - there's nothing wrong with a few extra notebooks. never know when you'll need them. Plus those are great sales!

Elaing8 - it is a memory lane, isn't it?

Karen - yes! the cool notebooks, pretty paper and fun pens. :-)

Debby - yeah, that's a lot of white. And how fast it gets muddy. Grin. Oh well. :-)