Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Anniversary Blog Fest: Wendi Zwaduk

Photobucket


Holiday Road!


I’m one of those people who needs a routine. I need it. Badly. Why? Without a routine I’m dangerous. I forget what all I wanted to accomplish. So when the school buildings let out, I cringe.

This summer has been a little different. For the past couple years, we’ve owned a travel trailer. Now, I’ll be the first to tell you I’m not much of a camper. I like my rooms to stay put. BUT, and yes, it is a big but, I enjoy the camper because we don’t have to worry about leaving anything behind. It’s all in the camper. Still, camping in the travel trailer wasn’t my favorite thing to do because we all have to ride in the truck. Now if you enjoy riding in a truck with two squirmy dogs, then it might be for you. It’s not for me.

But this past year we took the leap and got a second hand (really second hand) RV. As much as I don’t like to camp, I like the RV. It lives up to the house on wheels name. We don’t leave things. If I want to stretch out on the couch, I can. I can take the computer and my curling iron. It’s great.

So what does all that have to do with routines? I can keep mine intact. Yes. The RV is like a house, so I get up, let the dogs out and can go about my business in the morning. It’s nice. Plus I can see what’s happening while we drive – when I don’t get carsick. And if I get hungry or want a drink? Ta-da! We can get one! There’s no driving past the rest area only to find out that the small person has to pee. It’s great.

Wonder of all is I’m enjoying myself so much I’ve turned a day on the blog into travel Thursdays. Yep, so I can talk about where we’ve gone. Grin. I’m still not a camper girl—trust me, an RV isn’t camping in the sense that using a tent is—but I’m coming around.

Want to know more about Wendi Zwaduk? Here you go:

I always dreamt of writing the stories in my head. Tall, dark, and handsome heroes are my favorites, as long as he has an independent woman keeping him in line. I earned a BA in education at Kent State University and currently hold a Masters in Education with Nova Southeastern University.

I love NASCAR, romance, books in general, Ohio farmland, dirt racing, and my menagerie of animals. I also write under the pen name of Megan Slayer. I’m published with Total-E-Bound, Changeling Press, Liquid Silver Books, Turquoise Morning Press, Decadent Publishing and The Wild Rose Press. Come join me for this fantastic journey!

If you like my work, tell your friends and email me. I love hearing from readers!

Site: http://wendizwaduk.com/
Blog: http://wendizwaduk.blogspot.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/WendiZwaduk
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wendi.zwaduk
Fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wendi-Zwaduk/195277927167481?ref=tn_tnmn
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/author/wendizwaduk
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3495446.Wendi_Zwaduk
On Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/wendizwaduk/

8 comments:

Catherine Lee said...

You're a braver woman than I! That's not my style. HOWEVER, I did recently find out that my mother, who is in her 70s now, has had a bit of an RV fantasy. When we were younger, she had fantasies of leaving us all behind and taking off in an RV...to explore all sorts of places. I think she would still up and go, with her 2 dogs, if she could afford it.

Jean MP said...

My husband talks about when he retires that he wants to rent a RV, load up us and the dog and hit the road. Not sure how traveling with a 100lb Akita is going to work!

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Ingeborg said...

I'm not a camping person, to me roughing it is no room service. Why on earth would I want to go sleep in a tent in a sleeping bag?lol An RV doesn't sound bad though.
Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

Debby said...

Routines are nice but I do not always want one.
debby236 at gmail dot com

elaing8 said...

An RV would be nice.My sister has one and when they came out to visit a few years back, we went to a campsite for a week.I really liked it better than a tent.But the gas prices nowadays..yikes.
elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

Anonymous said...

I've always been reluctant to go RVing (something about carrying my restroom with me doesn't appeal), but it's good to know it can work out.

vitajex(at)aol(dot)com

Tina B said...

My hubby would be so jealous. Lol.
I would choose to do camping like you. I don't like to camp outside and love the idea of the RV. We actually plan on getting on in the next few years.
Have fun with your adventures. :)
trb0917 at gmail.com

Wendi Zwaduk said...

Catherine - it's not for everyone, without a doubt. I wasn't sure it was for me. DH asked if I wanted to become a lifer, meaning JUST live in the RV. Um... NO!!! :-)

Jean - We travel with two dogs - one is a mix and about as tall as a lab and the other is a basset beagle mix. it gets cramped, but they are family so can't leave them behind.

Ingeborg - I agree. No room service is bad, but I like being able to bring whatever I want and know it won't get lost. And no, I refuse to sleep in a tent or a sleeping bag. DH tried to convince me and it didn't work.

Debby - I don't always want a routine, but with a small person who NEEDS his, it works. :-)

Elaing8 - It's a lot better than a tent but yes! You have to plan when/where you want to go because it does get expensive.

Vitajex - The bathroom is like having one in the house. You don't notice it until you need it. I thought it would be gross, but it's actually not too bad.

Tina - There are the pluses and minuses. I don't want to go all the time, but when I do, it's not too bad. :-)