Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

GUEST BLOG: DENISE AGNEW

Photobucket


Leave a comment to be entered into a drawing for a print copy of the first book in the Daryk World series, Daryk Hunter.
Creating Dark Worlds


Thank you so much to Long and Short reviews for the chance to say hello and sneak in a mention of Daryk Warrior, the last book in my Daryk World fantasy/sci fi series at Ellora’s Cave.

The title of this blog isn’t a typo. Yes, I have a book series called Daryk World, but my writing career is constantly peppered with writing books where I try scare the reader right along with provide them with a hot romance story.

All my life I’ve created stories that almost always have a hint of darkness in them at the very least, if not a full-blown scare. Whether it is the atmosphere, the place, the characters and their motivations, or the supernatural, I love giving readers a reason to look over their shoulders. As a result I’ve written many paranormal and romantic suspense books on top of historical and contemporary. All of them have varying heat levels, up to and including erotic romance.

Many authors and readers have asked me how I can create stories with spooky or suspenseful content. Moons ago I tried hard to “tailor” my stories into a box. Soon I learned my creativity wouldn’t flourish this way and went back to writing what blows my skirt up. My mind is happiest portraying the scary situations the hero and heroine face, and the wickedness, evil (and other dastardly personality flaws) of the antagonist(s). It is no wonder I love Halloween, which happens to be my favorite holiday of the year. I always have a Spooktacular event each October on my blog to celebrate my love for the holiday. All month I make sure to take time out every day to feed my love for spooky movies and programs. All year long my DVR is regularly loaded up with The Dead Files, Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures, Haunted Collector…you name it I’m probably watching it. After being interested in the paranormal all my life, I finally joined a paranormal investigation group in 2010. I’m loving it!

Now that you know I want to give you a great romance novel that hopefully will give you a thrill, here’s the blurb for Daryk Warrior (Ellora’s Cave), my latest release.

Mia is having one of the worst days of her life. After surviving a shipwreck during an attempt to escape her oppressive homeland, she finds herself lost, washed ashore on a foreign beach. One misstep almost costs her everything, but she's saved by the strong arms of a lethal Dragonian warrior. Mia, a former Scribe, unused to men and desire, finds herself facing an all new challenge in the intensely sexual Daryk One and the undeniable feelings he ignites in her body and her heart. Eryk is uncertain about whether he can trust Mia but is becoming increasingly convinced that the pretty Scribe is more than just a woman who knows how to fuel passion. His burning need to claim her body and protect her life are signs that she might be his mate. In a land on the brink of war, with their very survival on the line, Mia and Eryk find themselves torn between their urgent need for one another and the goals they’ve each sworn to that could so easily tear them apart.

To see all of my books I hope you’ll stop by my website at www.DeniseAgnew and read blurbs and excerpts for the just completed Daryk World series and any of my other work. While you’re there, sign up for the monthly contest and download some free short stories.

Thanks again!

About the Author: Romantic Times Book Reviews calls her romantic suspense novels “top-notch,” and she's received their coveted TOP PICK rating. Denise has written paranormal, romantic comedy, contemporary, historical, erotic romance, and romantic suspense. Archaeology and archery have crept into her work, and travels through England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales have added to a lifetime of story ideas. A newly-minted paranormal investigator, Denise looks forward to exploring the unknown. Visit Denise’s website at www.DeniseAgnew.com

5 comments:

Debby said...

Great to see you here. I love your books.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Denise A. Agnew said...

Hi Debby! Thank you! Glad to see you here.:)

Denise A. Agnew said...

Debby, since you were my only commenter, congratulations! Contact me at danovelist@cox.net to get your book. :)

Thanks again to Long and Short Reviews.

Denise A. Agnew

Diane Thorne said...

Sounds like an interesting read to me.
Thanks for the giveaway!

author.dianethorne(at)gmail(dot)com

MomJane said...

I think your story sounds awesome.