Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween Blogfest: Wendi Zwaduk

Photobucket


It’s Spooky!


I’m not a big fan of being scared. It’s never been one of the highlights of my life. I don’t go to haunted houses and I hate when things jump out at me. Blood grosses me out—even more when it’s my own— and I don’t stomach things that look dead.

Plain and simple...I’m a wuss.

So it came as a shock when DH asked me if I wanted to tour the Mansfield Reformatory. It’s an old, abandoned for many years prison. Not exactly my idea of a hot date. But it is historical. So...wussy me went. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. The Shawshank Redemption was filmed there, so the joint has to be kinda cool, right? It’s over a hundred years old and looks like a castle, so again, must be neat, right?

It is and it’s not.

It’s very cool because the building is old. It’s got this beautiful woodwork in some of the rooms and a neat looking tile floor. The chapel still has some of the original religious sculptures that show their age. Plus, the place is MASSIVE. So on those merits, it’s pretty neat.

But it’s also scary as heck. Why? People DIED there. They killed each other there. Oh, and they were locked up there. I’m not real big into spirits or whether they exist, but who knows who is still hanging around there! But this post is supposed to be about Halloween or spirits, so here’s my ghost story.

We’re wandering around the prison and happen to be down where the meat locker used to be. There’s a huge room next it that houses at least a hundred stored toilets. They are stacked on each other. I have no idea why, other than they were ripped out of the cells. Anyway, the story goes that women don’t like to be in and around that toilet room or the meat locker because they get pushed or queasy or spooked. I don’t know about them, but I am in the spooked category. I’m minding my own business when I swear I felt like someone was watching me. Every time I looked where I thought the person was, NOTHING. The door was shut. And when I felt it from another side, there was a wide open room. I got the chills and tingles up my spine. As soon as I could get out of there, I did. Why? The heebie jeebies. I swear. In the rest of the building I felt fine. There? Wigged out.

There’s nothing funny about being scared by something you can’t see, but the strange part about the whole thing? DH felt the spooky feeling and was across the room so I know it wasn’t him.

Have you ever felt like you were being watched but had no idea by whom? Let me know! Got a great ghost story? Share!! Each comment with your name and email as well as a ghost story gets you in the hat for a $5 amazon GC.

I’ll share a little about the two ghost stories I’ve got under my belt – The Clandestine Classic: The Phantom of the Opera and Miss Me Baby!

Here’s a little about the Phantom of the Opera:

The Classics Exposed…

A chance sighting at the Opera, fated love, and three lives in turmoil.


One man pledges to own her, while another wants her heart. The Opera sets the stage for romance and intrigue. In the catacombs below the building lives a man rife with sorrow and passion. The Phantom. But he’s not content to live alone. He wants to possess the one woman who can set him free.

His Christine.

Viscount Raoul de Chagny doesn’t believe the rumours of a Ghost living below the Opera. He only has eyes for Christine, his childhood friend and first love. Together they embark on a sensual journey of discovery and fiery desire.

But she can only have one man. Will love raise her up or tear their world apart?

And here’s a little about Miss Me Baby:

Say you’ll haunt me, since I’ll never stop loving you.

Felicity Black never quite understood love. She worked her assets to get what she wanted and didn’t care who got in the way. Until she met John. He saw past her superficial self to the woman inside. Death separated her from John before she could tell him how she truly felt. Now she’s got her chance...just not in the way she expected.

John wanted Felicity to haunt him. She had been the only woman to stir not only his heart but his soul as well. But the woman claiming to be his lost love can’t be her... Felicity was dead. He has to decide whether to trust his gut or walk away from a new start.

Can a second chance at a first impression lead to love or a lifetime of heartbreak?

Reader Advisory: This story contains an out-of-body experience, voyeurism, spanking, rough sex, masturbation, and a chance for love to strike twice.

About the Author:
I always dreamt of writing the stories in my head. Tall, dark, and handsome heroes are my favorites, as long as he has an independent woman keeping him in line. I earned a BA in education at Kent State University and currently hold a Masters in Education with Nova Southeastern University.

I love NASCAR, romance, books in general, Ohio farmland, dirt racing, and my menagerie of animals. I also write under the pen name of Megan Slayer. I’m published with Total-E-Bound, Changeling Press, Liquid Silver Books, Turquoise Morning Press, Decadent Publishing and The Wild Rose Press. Come join me for this fantastic journey!

If you like my work, tell your friends and email me. I love hearing from readers!

Find Wendi online at

Site: http://wendizwaduk.com/
Blog: http://wendizwaduk.blogspot.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/WendiZwaduk
Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/wendi.zwaduk
Fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wendi-Zwaduk/195277927167481?ref=tn_tnmn
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/author/wendizwaduk
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3495446.Wendi_Zwaduk
On Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/wendizwaduk/
On Google+ : https://plus.google.com/115637543946745656739/posts
On Romance Novel Center: http://www.romancenovelcenter.com/wendizwaduk
Newsletter sign up: http://ymlp.com/xgjmjumygmgj

11 comments:

ad0ffae6-78f6-11e1-8cde-000bcdcb5194 said...

I don't have a ghost story, though I definitely wouldn't rule the spirits' presence out. Too many spooky coincidences in this world for that...

vitajex(at)aol(dot)com

BookJunkee00 said...

I don't think I would visit a place that's supposed to be haunted. Id be to scared!

Mountain Laurel said...

I have definitely had that feeling of being watched! It is creepy! I am the opposite though...I love to tour old historical places that may be a bit haunted. I know...I am bit weird! Thanks for sharing!

Debby said...

I survive haunted house by taking a clinical approach. I hate seeing horror movies.
debby236 at gmail dot com

SheriV said...

I don't have a story. Just a feeling of being watched when we decided as only teenagers do. To tour an old lumber mill. It was creepy and I still shudder thinking about it.

smurfettev AT gmail DOT com

Wendi Zwaduk said...

I'll never go in that toilet room again. No way. Felt like someone was watching me, like when buzzards are flying overhead. Scary. But it's still a really cool place to visit. :-)

Wendi Zwaduk said...

Thanks to everyone who stopped by!

lisagkendall said...

I've had an uncomfortable feeling before, but not necessarily a feeling of being watched. But I am a believer. lisagk(at)yahoo(dot)com

Jean MP said...

I have had an uncomfortable feeling, but never felt I was being watched. I think there are things out there that can't be explained.
skpetal at hotmail dot com

Charity said...

Love that cover for "Miss me Baby"


charity(at)charityparkerson(dot)com

Wendi Zwaduk said...

The creepy feeling isn't fun, unless it's someone trying to scare you. I'm not a fan of being scared, but hey, gotta do something for fun. :-)