If you follow the NHL, you know they’re experiencing (at the time of the writing of this blog post), what the NHL likes to call a “work stoppage”, the NHL Players’ Association calls a “lockout” and the fans call, “get your heads outta your butts and get a deal done”. Anyway, who knows when hockey will be back *glares at picture of Gary Bettman on my dartboard*, so I’ve come up with a list of other things I can do in the meantime. And away we go!
- Write more books- I’m hoping my readers vote for this choice!
- Read more books- I’ve read 225 books already this year-including novellas and the like- and plan to read more. I’m one of those authors who thinks the best writers are readers. Plus, since I’m the mother of a toddler I’ve got a fair amount of downtime where I can’t write, but can pull out my Kindle for a few minutes here and there.
- Learn how to press leaves- If only I was crafty enough to actually do something like this…
- Take the third Wilton cake decorating course- I took the first two during the last lockout and am now in possession of hundreds of dollars of cake decorating supplies. I figure I should dust ‘em off.
- Catch up on TV shows- I don’t watch much TV because it interferes with my writing time. See how dedicated I am to y’all? There are several shows I’d love to catch up on, like The Big Bang Theory, Burn Notice, and White Collar.
So that’s it. Got any other suggestions for me? If this “work stoppage” continues I might have to take up a hobby. *gasp*
I’ve got a cool swag package for the winner, along with an e-book from my backlist – your choice!
For more information about Cassandra, check out her website at http://www.booksbycassandracarr.com, "like" her Facebook fan page at http://www.facebook.com/AuthorCassandraCarr or follow her on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/Cassandra_Carr.