Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Thursday, December 20, 2012

STUFF YOUR STOCKING BLOGFEST: MARIE ASHLEY

Photobucket


I am Marie Ashley and I live in Alberta, Canada. We had a huge snow storm about a week ago and we still have a foot of snow on the ground. I do believe that we have winter to stay as when I got up this morning, again, big fluffy snowflakes were falling and we had another inch or so covering the stuff that had already fallen. Hubby was swearing when he got up because he was going to have to shovel... again.

It’s not that cold out though. It was about 34 degrees F and/or +4 C today... nice and crisp and after the snow stopped falling it was bright and clear... a nice winter day.

This won’t disappear now until March so we are in for a long winter. I hope the temp stays around the 0 Celsius mark or 32 degrees F. That will make for a bearable winter. Winter with all its snow is usually here for almost 5 months of the year. I envy those of you who live in the warmer climates at this time of the year but I don’t in the summer as we have beautiful, warm weather then.

Our neighbour’s girls were having a snowball fight this morning and I was expecting them to build a snowman but it never did get done. The neighbour across the road had his snow blower out and cleared the street in front of his house and several others but he never came across the road *sigh* to clear ours. It would have been nice.

We should begin to see the Christmas lights going up on the different houses soon. It is so pretty *grin* with all the coloured lights on the houses and the outdoor trees and the white snow sparkling along the way.

We moved in July, from Southern Alberta to a more Northern location in Alberta so I sold my Christmas tree and a lot of my outdoor lights before we moved... will have to go shopping soon to replace those items as I cannot be without my Christmas tree.

Hopefully we won’t get too many storms that clog up the streets this winter. I have my winter tires on my vehicle so I am ready for the cold and in a way... I am looking forward to the winter season.

Happy Holidays to all and to all...

Happy Reading!

Contest info: I am giving away one free copy of my book The Promotion so leave your contact info and I will draw from the comments to this post. I will post the winner as a comment here and on my blog: http://www.marieashleyauthor.blogspot.ca

Buy Link for The Promotion:

7 comments:

Marie Ashley said...

Hi, I'm Marie Ashley and I am excited about being on here today. welcome and let's get to know you.

Marie Ashley said...

What is your favorite book and who is your favorite author?

Debby said...

I always like a white Christmas but not so much that no one can visit.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Marie Ashley said...

We got a bit more since I posted the blog but it still is not too much to visit. It is a balmy minus 15 C here today and white, white, white wherever you look. It is going to be a gorgeous Christmas!

Mountain Laurel said...

I love SNOW!!!...but living in North Carolina we hardly get any of it... Especially around Christmas like you guys do! Grant you the shoveling can be gruesome and the fact you cannot seem to get rid of it most of the winter...might be a bit tiresome...but still to have a lovely white Christmas sounds absolutely wonderful to my ears! Thanks for sharing today! debbifarmer@yahoo.com

Marie Ashley said...

It will definitely be a white one this year and according to the weather man a bit of a cold one too! They are predicting minus 20 C all through Christmas but we will enjoy it. It's when we get into Jan and Feb that it gets a bit dreary.

Na said...

I heard about the Alberta snowstorm! It sounds cold and looked cold too on the news. The winters around here are pretty mild so I do get excited seeing a bit of snow...not too much!

Cambonified(at)yahoo(dot)com